221 members have voted

1. 1. Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus

• Wicked Cyclone
    • Twisted Colossus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ll vote for Twisted Colossus. Regular Colossus could still pack a pretty mean punch after over 30 years of operation, so I'd imagine that this new transformation could make the old version seem like a flat ride. Not to mention, two side for twice the fun! If they were crazy enough to have one side on this new version to run backwards, I'd probably have to buy my plane tickets now!

Both rides look awesome: TC for that dueling aspect and the new elements, and WC for the general intensity. As much as I bet TC could be a Top 10 coaster, it looks like WC will be a bit more intense and thus potentially more awesome due to its compact layout and such. Of course, both are now on my bucket list. Figures...the season after I visit a park, they get some amazing new ride (Water Country USA and SFMM, I'm looking at you!)

Both of them look like they'll be awesome rides, but if I had to choose one, I'd chose Twisted Colossus because it looks to have more airtime moments, it has lots of other fun and unique elements, and considering the layout of the coaster, you basically get a second ride.

I don't think either name is great (they both seem like cheesy 80s hair metal bands).

But if I had to choose, Wicked Cyclone is far less embarrassing than the ridiculous Twisted Colossus (WTF does that even mean?!)...

Edited by MisterP

Wicked Cyclone, because it is NOT in California.

But you can't go get a Double-Double animal-style right after riding Wicked Cyclone, now, can you?

Yeah...I don't blame you for hating this place. There's way too much YOLO-ness; heck, we have cities named Yolo and Weed

Wicked Cyclone looks like the more intense ride, but I think Twisted Cyclone looks like the better ride. It is closer in spirit to the original and has much more unique elements than Wicked Cyclone. I'm sure both will be great, but if I could only ride one I'd choose Twisted Colossus.

But you can't go get a Double-Double animal-style right after riding Wicked Cyclone, now, can you?

Yeah...I don't blame you for hating this place. There's way too much YOLO-ness; heck, we have cities named Yolo and Weed

No, but I can get a Five Guys double with bacon and hot sauce and a much less pretentious crowd if I wanted. Russian dressing on a burger, no thanks!

However, when in the area I get a steamed cheeseburger from Ted's which trumps any chain.

I think they'll both be about equal ride wise, but twisted colossus will get hyped out the wazoo and end up being ranked higher due to the fact that it blows everything else away at its park.

I prefer the intense, dark layout of Wicked Cyclone. Having said that, if I could only ride one of them next year, due to it's uniqueness and crazy fun elements, I'd have to chose TC. So I guess it's pretty much a draw for me. Both are definitely my favorite RMC creations yet.

When I visited Cali last year, I found SFMM to be a pleasant surprise and In and Out to be a huge letdown.