TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Glenn Oaks Amusement Park (NCS)

***GLENN OAKS AMUSEMENT PARK STORYLINE***

Glenn Oaks, owner of Glenn Oaks Farm, went bankrupt in early 1958 due to poor crop from the year before. He had no choice but to sell off some of his land, but had no one to sell it to. In mid 1958, a family was wanting to go to an amusement park, but there wasn't one in Missouri, their state. When they heard about there being land sold, the decided that they wanted to build an amusement park. They contacted Glenn Oaks in November 1958 and sealed the deal in early December. They initially bought 7 acres of land to start off and would continually buy more land as needed. Construction started in January 1959 and finished construction that June. They started to test the rides, add landscaping, and find vendors who were interested in renting out space to spread their name too. They had a soft opening to their family of July 3rd, and opened to the public on Saturday July 4th, 1959. The park included 3 rides and 1 coaster. They had 2 food vendors, and a drink vendor. Now let's get to the photos! (Sorry in advance about there being a pop up menu, I'm still unable to get rid of it... )

Shot0145.bmp

Looking down the midway, you can see the entrances to Scrambler, Merry Go Round, and Ferris Wheel.

Shot0153A.bmp

Scrambler, our park most thrilling ride.

Shot0163.bmp

Merry Go Round is not a popular ride with the public...

Shot0157.bmp

Ferris Wheel provides some magnificent views of the farm and valley afar...

Shot0148.bmp

Leap the Dips also provides good views. (Sorry about the dirt on the lens...)

Shot0160.bmp

Leap the Dips' line is at full capacity!

Shot0161A.bmp

Scrambler is also very popular with the public!

Shot0158.bmp

A look at the building that hold delicious foods and beverages...

Shot0159.bmp

And a look at the building that holds the laboratories.

Shot0165.bmp

A look at the park from above (Provided by Glenn Oaks Amusement Park).

Shot0166.bmp

And a picture I took on Merry Go Round. It's a great attraction for families and I don't why it's not more- wait a minute- what's that in the background?

Shot0167.bmp

A look at the mystery construction from Leap the Dips.

Shot0152.bmp

And I leave you with one last picture of Ferris Wheel and Merry Go Round from Scrambler.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A classic side friction coaster! That's nice.

If you want to remove the UI, rename a peep David Walsh. Then, use the Ctrl-U command. This park looks pretty nice, but the surrounding area could use some trees and bushes. I like that you added fences around your paths, but I don't see any lights, benches, or waste bins. Keep up the good work!

A classic side friction coaster! That's nice.

If you want to remove the UI, rename a peep David Walsh. Then, use the Ctrl-U command. This park looks pretty nice, but the surrounding area could use some trees and bushes. I like that you added fences around your paths, but I don't see any lights, benches, or waste bins. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! That's all mostly coming in Update 2 posted below!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***1960 UPDATE***

After a winter of desperation for some rides on rides... We are finally back for another season of fun! This year we will be open Thursdays (12p-8p) Fridays (12p-9p) Saturdays (11p-9p) Sundays (1p-8p). In addition, we have added a BRAND NEW attraction that everyone will love! Introducing Bumper Cars! Priced a $.25 per ride, it's also affordable!

Shot0168.bmp

Bumper Cars, NEW for 1960!

Shot0169.bmp

We now also have 2 new food stands to buy hot dogs and an assortment of drinks!

Shot0171.bmp

Something that you might not have known about Glenn Oaks is that we have shady areas where you can sit and relax. We also have garbage cans as well so we can keep the park as clean as possible!

Shot0174.bmp

As you can see in the picture, we have planted pine trees around Leap the Dips to create more of an environment to the park.

Shot0176.bmp

While I was in line for Ferris Wheel, which had now become more popular since the word has spread about the great views, I saw this...

Shot0177.bmp

A view from above of the park, and you can see how big the space it for next year! Can wait t o hear more about it!

Shot0181A.bmp

This is a picture they had of the new attraction. I think they're teasing us!

1961 UPDATE: GLENN OAKS ENTERS 1961 WITH AN ATTRACTION THAT WILL HAVE YOUR MIND SPINNING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back to Glen Oaks as it has been another long off-season, but it will be well worth the wait! We started construction in March for this addition and finished the roof in May. Electrical work finished mid June and testing in the 3rd week of June. Glenn Oaks himself was the first to ride the attraction followed by the family who owns the park. This farm surrounded amusement park opened it's doors on July 1st and here's a photo update:

Shot0178.bmp

Rotor and 3 new vendors. Glenn Oaks is really getting some sponsors lately!

Shot0181.bmp

The line at the beginning of the day was short. I guess people didn't know what to expect... By the way, the price to ride is $.50 if you are interested.

Shot0182.bmp

Here's a picture of the park this year... What is all that clearing for???

***NEW FOR 1963 AT GLENN OAKS***

Leap the Dips has always been a popular ride at the park, the line always overflows! So this year, we are adding the tallest, fastest, and longest attraction in the park. This will also be our highest capacity ride. Ladies and gents, I present to you...

Shot0202.bmp

LIGHTNING COASTER!!!

Shot0201.bmp

Lightning Coaster will operate at 40mph over 1,800 feet of track in just a minute! But before you worry about that, you'll have to creep up a 60ft tall lift hill at a heart stopping 4mph. This will definitely maximize your time to look at the surroundings!

Shot0198.bmp

A place to buy snacks after you tackle Lightning Coaster, but please not before!

• 3 months later...

Hello, like my other park, Besigns Land, I have decided to discontinue Glenn Oaks as I have not had the time to manage it due to school (plus I lost it on my computer). But there is good news... I am starting a new project for 2015 and I am wondering if anyone is interested in Guest TRs and have any suggestions for rides. A new forum will be started for the new project soon...

Until then,

JaminOut