Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DX6BwEoVAAA_aul.jpg

Great HYBRID COASTER Coming in 2019 spring

Haha, ok cool, if you say so.

That makes it official! Turning White Cyclone to an RMC would definitely get me to go back to Nagashima Spa Land. White Cyclone looked great being that massive and had a lengthy ride time, but it was underwhelming when I rode it in 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... how to combine the old name white cyclone with the whale...

Got it - White Whalenado!!!

Wait...something's off - ah, figured it out: Twisted Wicked White Whalenado. That's my prediction for the name. Twisted Wicked White Whalenado!

Still a more reasonable name than Super Speed Cool cool bear XD

Whatever they call it, even when it's translated into English, it still wont make sense in English.

1961805286_ResizeofIMG_2652.JPG.8754e6320bcb147b50b46f7fec89d3c4.JPG

You explain it to me - in a bathroom in a Japanese amusement park. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Sheesh, they're really taking a machete to that thing, aren't they?

Obviously a Rocky Mountain renovation is always worth it, but I'm going to miss that "one of the most photogenic coaster elements in the world" spiral there near the lift.

I’m still processing the fact that we’re getting two huge coasters RMC’d back to back!

I do agree with A.J. that the photogenic-ness of those helices will be missed, but if Alan Shilke gets this right (and I am confident that he will), we could be looking at competition for Steel Vengeance!

I do agree with A.J. that the photogenic-ness of those helices will be missed, but if Alan Shilke gets this right (and I am confident that he will), we could be looking at competition for Steel Vengeance!

Could it be possible for it to break SV's records?

Could it be possible for it to break SV's records?

I think it's certainly possible, however I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair has a contract with RMC that says that some of SV's record aren't allowed to be broken for a certain amount of time. We'll just have to wait and see.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this thing. The idea this ride is being RMCed is bewildering still. I would have never seen Japan as getting an RMC anytime soon, and thisride’s structure is just so drawn out that it’s hard to imagine whatwill become of it.

I didnt know they were already working on it. I suppose this time there aren't any infamous RMC trucks rolling around, only RMC workers and rented equipment.

I think it's certainly possible, however I wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Fair has a contract with RMC that says that some of SV's record aren't allowed to be broken for a certain amount of time. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, for goodness sake. Do you honestly think that the majority of people in Japan of all places care about Steel Vengeance's silly "records"?

And a 1st generation freefall for the hardcore Intamin lover. I never seem to fit this park in my itinerary but it's definitely got to be fone on my next Japan visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see this project is progressing! Looks like they took quite a bite out of that helix. I wonder if they're removing it from the layout, if it'll just be low-to-the-ground, or if the wood needed replacing for whatever reason. Can't wait for RMC track to show up!

• 3 weeks later...