TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly they didn't modify the support to meet Japan's earthquake-proof requirements.

I'm guessing the support design used on Manta is sufficent enough to meet the earthquake-proof requirements in Japan then. But this is only a small portion of the ride and other areas may see more rigid support designs.

Oddly they didn't modify the support to meet Japan's earthquake-proof requirements.

I'm guessing the support design used on Manta is sufficent enough to meet the earthquake-proof requirements in Japan then. But this is only a small portion of the ride and other areas may see more rigid support designs.

Agreed, they wouldn't be able to build it if it didn't meet their code. The design must meet all the requirements.

• 2 months later...

Wow! This looks incredible! This past summer I had the opportunity to travel to Japan. Unfortunately I had to decide between Nagashima Spaland and Fuji-Q Highland and I chose Fuji-Q because of its lineup. This would definitely put Nagashima on the map for me if I make it back to Japan in the next few years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
SWO should build a SD2K clone just to get even / piss off Nagashima Spaland. Just make sure it's couple feet longer.

Actually, the colors are really nice on this one.

If Morgan were in business (I don't think Chance is building anything that big anytime soon)...

On the other hand, SWO could piss off two birds with one stone by building the world's tallest and longest gigacoaster (the two birds being Nagashima+Cedar Fair). The PR craze about *coughs* mediocre Fury 325 would die down in a heartbeat (and yes, I've been on the forceless ride).

I want to go on something more thrilling than Steel Dragon 2000.
Giga Coaster 1 looks to boring for me

Flying Coaster 1 looks too intense for me.

Flying Coaster 1 is a great value!

I'm hungry...

I'm not paying that much for Jr. Hamburger!

I'm thirsty...

Where are all the rides?

• 3 weeks later...
SWO should build a SD2K clone just to get even / piss off Nagashima Spaland. Just make sure it's couple feet longer.

Actually, the colors are really nice on this one.

If Morgan were in business (I don't think Chance is building anything that big anytime soon)...

On the other hand, SWO could piss off two birds with one stone by building the world's tallest and longest gigacoaster (the two birds being Nagashima+Cedar Fair). The PR craze about *coughs* mediocre Fury 325 would die down in a heartbeat (and yes, I've been on the forceless ride).

Chance has all the tools to build another SD2K, just no one has asked them for it. I can see CF working with Chance to build some rides in the future though. SWO is already building big, I dont picture them going bigger anytime soon