TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for the fact that this is a picture of a screen and not a screenshot,

768x1280.jpeg.dc862e28b6af43ddbb9c2ef88bbe613e.thumb.jpg.ca42072d8323ff114e13179e54cec5c7.jpg

yay.

but this is a problem. The train didn't crash or fly off the track, but the instant the train properties were changed, the whole thing spawned outside of the station and wouldn't move, even when I tried testing or opening.

And don't get me started on "This incline is too steep."

I played the beta and it seemed a lot worse than the PAX version I played. Obviously a lot of functions were turned off on purpose but the coaster editor was still somehow worse. I played that alpha version for a good 30 minutes and didn't have half the trouble I did this weekend. The biggest bug/ problem I had was any time I rotated the camera my track piece placement would basically just be completely off screen and broken. I don't know if it they just let a monkey at the code base or released a worse version on purpose for some reason but it was odd. I'm still not worried about the limited station selection since custom content will probably fill in that hole pretty well. I'm still excited but mildly concerned as well.

^He's probably the most openly biased RCT player on YouTube (

). His bar was set pretty low thanks to mobile, so you can probably guess his thoughts on World, but he does make some good points throughout the video. One of those things include his notes about "realism" saying that unless they have the budget of a AAA game studio, certain developers (including Atari with RCT) should stay away from it. Edited by Midgetman82

I've watched several youtube clips for this game to far. Provided they actually fix the bugs, it doesn't seem as bad as people are making it out to be. Most of the people I've watched aren't even attempting to make any realistic looking coasters and wouldn't really know how to, anyway. I think a product in between something like no limits and RCT3 would be just fine, as long as people don't set their expectations too high.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to junk the idea of coasters flying off the tracks all together. It would also serve the game well to have a key to lock in straight sections of track, pairing paths, etc. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to do.

Some people complained about the looks of the coasters, but I feel like they look just fine in comparison to older RCT games. If you're delivering the whole game play package, I feel like you have to accept some sacrifices.

I've watched several youtube clips for this game to far. Provided they actually fix the bugs, it doesn't seem as bad as people are making it out to be. Most of the people I've watched aren't even attempting to make any realistic looking coasters and wouldn't really know how to, anyway. I think a product in between something like no limits and RCT3 would be just fine, as long as people don't set their expectations too high.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to junk the idea of coasters flying off the tracks all together. It would also serve the game well to have a key to lock in straight sections of track, pairing paths, etc. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to do.

Some people complained about the looks of the coasters, but I feel like they look just fine in comparison to older RCT games. If you're delivering the whole game play package, I feel like you have to accept some sacrifices.

I think RCTW is a step up from RCT3, I like what I'm seeing but yeah the coasters could be a bit better. no limits is certainly the king of coaster builders, you mention the middle ground in my view that is theme park studio. Sounds like a bunch of new rides are coming to theme park studio pretty soon, be interesting to see how rctw and tps compare on the rides.

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7124-RCTW-Blog-23-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Releasing-in-Early-2016

This is a bit reassuring. I'd rather them add the features people were requesting to make things easier than to release the game without these tools. We'll see how many improvements they have done in December.

It is good to see they are implementing the recommended changes. I do think that they should be doing a full on beta program so they can fix things as they go and really get it right with constant feedback from their target audience. Idk. I saw someone else had the same opinion on the RCTW forums and I completely agree.

I am happy to see them doing this to make a better game. But what worries me is that their solution for having a crappy coaster editor is to add pre-formed pieces of track like the original games... Which is nice to an extent, but still doesn't allow totally custom and realistic coasters.

That's one thing that causes making any seemingly "perfect" coaster builder so complicated. What would be the perfect medium for the intricate designer and the casual gamer to settle and be happy with? As far as I can see, whatever they land on won't make everybody happy. So why not find what the majority prefers and stick with that?

As far as most reviews seem to say, pre-formed straight pieces of track will be very welcomed.

Oh god, it's been a while.

So, Atari learned from their mistakes huh? I'm pleased. Not many companies admit that they've messed up, this is one of the few companies who did.

I am very happy for the game and for us. It looks like we'll be getting the game we've all been waiting for after all. (You should have all listened to me!...That's ok, no hard feelings. )

...So......bye.

A good middle ground would be having a ton of pre-formed track, that is then adjustable and fordable after its placed. And allowing that piece of track to be scaled to fit your needs. Also, adding an angle tool that allows for moving track on an angle, like a lift hill, or inclined loop, ect.

Totally agree. Lift hills suck on this game, it'd be nice to see like a pre-formed lift hill that you can adjust the angle of it and the length

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been much updates in this thread. Is anybody still following this game?

I got curious and popped on to RCTW's social media pages (mainly Facebook) to see some updates they've made since the last post made here. There were some in-game screenshots and a holiday pic.

12473671_980507278708110_7093546931028594335_o.thumb.jpg.85ae499472ed474c4440bcb1a2ccf1d6.jpg12593691_986871398071698_5376655357477070308_o.thumb.jpg.9c70ee2a0b81ce2441b028a2748f02d4.jpg1933602_963350243757147_3972697760022940963_o.thumb.jpg.a88917da14f2902ae58cca617b2f6932.jpg

"The Peeps from Team RCTW wish you Happy Holidays and an awesome New Year!!"

As well as videos of 3 in-game rides making their cycles.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Source

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Source

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Source

The peeps look so off. It's weird. I'm not saying that because they don't look like the ones Frontier made in RCT3. They just look weird... SIMS-ish even.

The flat rides look funky and the animation is awful. The rides look to have no realistic physics. This game looks to be aimed at kids who don't know or care about what RCT used to be. It's a shame Atari seems to be so proud of this game... throwing their logo everywhere. I seriously don't care about RCTW anymore. I'm just going to ignore it from now on.