TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

They are still taking in feedback, and apparently plan to develop it over time while still letting folks play it.

I want to try it, but it feels like an awfully big risk. I was burned by SimCity, which was arguably released sooner than it should have been, and they never fixed the major problems with that game.

There's no guarantee they will actually complete development of this game.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, who in the WORLD makes a Rollercoaster Tycoon game that only has enough space to build ONE ROLLERCOASTER?!?!

This one..might be on you man. You start the sandbox map at 1/9th the possible map size, and buy 8 more pieces to extend your park outwards. There is more than enough space for multiple rollercoasters.

And now for some funny videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BfNO5Tn9r0

^You need to BUY land?

In a SANDBOX.

Where you have UNLIMITED money?

That, to begin with, is pretty daft in my opinion. Unless its like cities: skylines where you can choose to expand the park in just one direction for like 9 slots making for a really long park.

EDIT - Wait I just remembered theres an option of not having ulimited money. Nevermind.

Eh. doesn't matter. Game still sucked.

Edited by FLIPDUDE

I mean, who in the WORLD makes a Rollercoaster Tycoon game that only has enough space to build ONE ROLLERCOASTER?!?!

This one..might be on you man. You start the sandbox map at 1/9th the possible map size, and buy 8 more pieces to extend your park outwards. There is more than enough space for multiple rollercoasters.

And now for some funny videos...

Sounds like they were going for what works for Cities Skylines while not realizing that cities work that way, theme parks don't. At least in video games.

And those graphics look bad for a 2015/2016 video game. I'd guess it was a game from 2012 at the latest.

Looks like I am stuck with this game. I just tried for the past hour to try to refund it on Steam, googling instructions, and through Atari's website and either the instructions presented aren't showing up on my account or there is nobody I can email about this.

I pre-ordered Planet Coaster a few weeks ago and I must say that the gameplay with that is much more free and advanced than RCTW. The coaster builder feels the same like it did back in November during the beta, but now with RCT1 style buttons that cause the track to be filled with constant bumps and kinks. The physics is so horrible (as demonstrated with the spinning coaster), the path builder is so limited with only three sizes to choose from, and the peeps look pretty horrible.

Looks like I am stuck with this game. I just tried for the past hour to try to refund it on Steam, googling instructions, and through Atari's website and either the instructions presented aren't showing up on my account or there is nobody I can email about this.

I pre-ordered Planet Coaster a few weeks ago and I must say that the gameplay with that is much more free and advanced than RCTW. The coaster builder feels the same like it did back in November during the beta, but now with RCT1 style buttons that cause the track to be filled with constant bumps and kinks. The physics is so horrible (as demonstrated with the spinning coaster), the path builder is so limited with only three sizes to choose from, and the peeps look pretty horrible.

Go to the game's page in your library and click support. the refund option should be somewhere in there.

Played about an hour. To me it's a polished version of RCT3, some tweaks here and there, nothing more though. Graphics are poor and outdated.

I do like the coaster editor, which gives you more freedom than before to make crazy coasters. I don't like the fairly steep learning curve however.

And apparently this isn't a theme park simulator, but more a water park game:

Oh, and before someone asks, yes these are screenshots from RCTW and not RCT3!

20160330224709_1.thumb.jpg.db8a1eb4664634ea5d1d58970703e6d2.jpg

Middle of the desert, making a glory hole (tutorial asked me to do that) and thought I hit the jackpot, until I discovered it was water and not oil. Wait, what???

20160330224747_1.thumb.jpg.a8407e3b6bacc677b274c5ecb5cf5f0e.jpg

Named my park Desert Springs after this. Rain boots are required...so is swimwear.

20160330224915_1.thumb.jpg.4438a066067ed0b895f6a89130d5e7af.jpg

This park is definitely located near a top secret military facility (maybe Area 52?). Just look, even the water realises where the no-go zone is (parking lot).

20160330224944_1.thumb.jpg.d52257048947abf210af4f2367321987.jpg

What's with these stats? Excitement level of 2.9, but intensity is 17.9 and sickness 14.3??? And does someone knows what the new safety item means or what purpose it serves?

Edited by zottewoef81

as long as you bought it directly off steam, ran it for less then 2 hours and had it less then 2 weeks (from official launch) you should be able to refund it without issue.

Valve/Steam made guide on how to request a refund

Oh my gosh. That Youtube video of the peeps WEIRDLY groaning in pain or moaning in pleasure, and then suddenly disappearing on the wooden coaster... I was laughing so hard, I almost love it! Who on earth remotely decides to include moaning as the sounds people make on a rollercoaster?

And then it pans down to the exit of the ride, and it's just flooded with vomit and people spewing up over and over.... I swear it's like a parody. It's almost all been worth it for this.

Just played it for 5 minutes and I couldn't handle it, the paths were so annoying to connect, I couldn't get the food stores to connect to a path without buying a tiny section of path.

Might give it another go on the weekend

as long as you bought it directly off steam, ran it for less then 2 hours and had it less then 2 weeks (from official launch) you should be able to refund it without issue.

Valve/Steam made guide on how to request a refund

I guess that means I'm stuck with it since I bought it back in October and have six hours of gameplay on it. Thanks for the link. I don't know where it was in Steam, but it was very helpful.

I was really hoping they would come up with a game that is at least competitive with PC, if not quite as good. I've been pulling for them for months that this would go down as a story of a developer who rallied when given poor feedback and went back to the drawing board to come up with something decent, but instead it's a tale of a desperate company throwing stuff at the board to see if anything sticks. This will probably be the death of Atari (again). They had one shot with this huge cash cow of a franchise, and they blew it multiple times. Truly a case study in terrible management all around.

I kinda want to try it out, but I doubt that Atari will be able to fix half of what's broken by the time they completely give up, and the community is already sold on Planet Coaster anyway.

What really makes me wonder is what would have happened if Planet Coaster hadn't come around? Would they have even bothered with the delays and the new developers?

What really makes me wonder is what would have happened if Planet Coaster hadn't come around? Would they have even bothered with the delays and the new developers?

If Planet Coaster had not come around, this would have been released a year ago or so.

I'm HOPING Atari will improve it!

Got refunded earlier (don't try recreating American Thunder)

EDIT (better than double posting) if Atari doesn't do something, I'm getting Planet Coaster

LOL you actually still have faith in Atari and this game? I'm sorry for you, sir. Just get Planet Coaster and have some real fun.

Jesus, those shadows. Those animations. That art style. Those supports clipping through the station platform. That lack of collision detection on the track. That horrendously inaccurate speed. All those bugs. Why? Why would a publisher think this is okay?

That's about as much as it's worth at this point (that or $15). I said that I would consider getting a copy if the price dropped to half of what it was, so I might actually consider getting that copy instead. There's no way I'm paying $50 for a horribly unfinished video game.

This might be a dumb question, but is the website selling the game for that price even legal?

That's about as much as it's worth at this point (that or $15). I said that I would consider getting a copy if the price dropped to half of what it was, so I might actually consider getting that copy instead. There's no way I'm paying $50 for a horribly unfinished video game.

This might be a dumb question, but is the website selling the game for that price even legal?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. They sell legitimate codes to unlock the game on Steam. It's not like they're selling a bootleg file or making up codes.

A quick google search indicates they've been around for a while and people say they're legit.