TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

I think at this point in time they just need to embrace the product they have, rather than put out and take away promotional material because of the backlash. It's pretty evident that Planet Coaster is the true RCT 4 and Atari will not be able to live up to it due to their financial situation (and they also just don't seem to have the sensitivity/experience to make realistic content), so Atari may as well start targeting this game to gamers in general who want to have a bit of fantasy theme park fun... kinda like Theme Park World. I would even say make it more outrageous and looney and fun, and people will be attracted to it.

Their forums are just a pit of negativity because they drew the die-hard fans who are now disillusioned, and they're now making attempts to draw the EXTRA hardcore gamers with the UGC Editor, when there's already going to be an obvious gap in pre-loaded content (I think Matt said there will be 30 flat rides on release... no water rides/dark rides etc.). I felt a bit embarrassed for them when they made the huge jump to the UGC Editor because it seemed like they were saying "Can you finish this for us plz?"

But I'm not an expert... it's all very fascinating! So so so glad Planet Coaster is there, I would have been so frustrated otherwise.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded RCT3 to my IPAD and its TERRIBLE! Several rides are missing, as well as elements. Also, they game has a park object count restriction, which would be find in a normal game. But in RCT3, when there's already a park full of crap, you cant do much.

So, hopefully with him involved, this attempt will be better.

How about a bit of brightness, then. It was noted in a recent interview with Chris Sawyer that he is currently working on bringing RCT2 to the mobile platform like he did with Transport Tycoon.

Because anything having to do with RCT and mobile devices means awsomeness. 10/10 -IGN.

His mobile port of Transport Tycoon was very faithful to the original. He's working with the same team there, so I see no reason to be down on it. Should be great!

^Me? RCTW fanboy? No way, I was disappointed in RCTW ever since I first got to play the beta. And even before that I was a bit apprehensive about it. I just felt people might have been picking the wrong things to focus on. Defending stuff like their choice to integrate UCC doesn't mean I think the game is GOOD. the coaster editor is still pretty much crap (I saw a gameplay video where the user didn't even realize he can pitch and tilt the track segments, and what kind of pathetic excuse for a coaster builder doesn't let you build a proper LOOP?!), the ride selection is pitiful (seriously? 30 rides? Cedar Point alone has 47 or so rides!!!), etc.

Well, considering it's just flat rides, 30 doesn't sound THAT bad, but really not great either considering that would include both gentle rides and thrill rides, and also the person who said that claimed there'd be no water rides or dark rides either.

I just can't back these guys on RCTW. Truly, what is being done in PC is incredible.

It also really rubs me the wrong way when companies or the spokespeople for the companies avoid answering questions. Matt has avoided so many questions too many times for what I feel is appropriate. I don't like poor customer service. At all. That alone can turn me off of a product or a business. I don't really feel that what has been put out in RCTW deserves my money personally. And I am basing that on the product as well as the customer service.

Mattlab, the PR guy for the game said it would start out with 30 flat rides in a gameplay live stream they did in the second half of last year. It was after the rejig with the new developers too... not sure if they've decided to add more or not, after that they had all the bad feedback about the coaster building so I don't know if they would have been concentrating on flat rides.