TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaster buider looks similar to TPS. Is it like that? If it is, then hypers should be easy for me.

Does the game have a RMC hybrid/woodie coaster type?

No RMC now.

Never tried TPS but I have many hours in NL1/2 and this is harder for me to use. Any time you try to change a node (like bank or angle) it moves the whole thing with your mouse so it's impossible to keep straight lines or even keep curves and hills how you set them. Been playing for 2 hours how and I still can't figure out how to make a straight line at all. Not to mention elements.

I dont think the devs know how to use it either. There is only 1 pre-built inversion included and it is the worst loop I have ever seen: http://i.imgur.com/UxY6HIK.jpg

That picture can hardly convey how little it looks like a loop. Also that helix is another pre-built item... yikes.

The coaster buider looks similar to TPS. Is it like that? If it is, then hypers should be easy for me.

Does the game have a RMC hybrid/woodie coaster type?

No RMC now.

Never tried TPS but I have many hours in NL1/2 and this is harder for me to use. Any time you try to change a node (like bank or angle) it moves the whole thing with your mouse so it's impossible to keep straight lines or even keep curves and hills how you set them. Been playing for 2 hours how and I still can't figure out how to make a straight line at all. Not to mention elements.

I dont think the devs know how to use it either. There is only 1 pre-built inversion included and it is the worst loop I have ever seen: http://i.imgur.com/UxY6HIK.jpg

That picture can hardly convey how little it looks like a loop. Also that helix is another pre-built item... yikes.

I just visited the RCTW beta forums, and saw a live stream, and RCTW looks shitty. The coaster builder is nothing like TPS's easy to use, almost no limitation, coaster builder. The game looks like it sucks. And I thought RCTW might be the best RCTW.

For now rct3 will remain the best.....

What coaster types are there?

B&M Hyper

Standing

Vertical

Floorless

Wingrider

Wood (with Mine or PTC trains)

Intamin Rocket

edit:

Other things:

Pro: Path building is good (just like roads in Cities Skylines). Scenery items included in the beta seem good. Terrain modification is easy too. Graphics good/looks pretty

Cons: All coasters have fixed station lengths and 2-4 themes each. Wood coasters don't recalculate supports when you go under other tracks so it looks like you are crashing. Despite following instructions on the game's forums I still can't figure out how to add more than 1 train on a coaster.

Ugh...it's as I feared....They're going for the Bullfrog's Sim Theme Park/ Thrillville demographic only....If this is all true and Atari does not improve on these issues, come the game's release they better not be scratching their heads wondering "WHY AREN'T COASTER FANS BUYING RCTW?!" Because if they're making it so we literally can not build realistic coasters and parks, they're only alienating the one group really looking forward for RCTW.

I'll gladly stick to supporting Planet Coaster and Parkitect. At least these two games were made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and casual gamers alike, not just casual gamers.

Right, so... the beta version seems to only have the coaster editor, none of the flat rides, and... it's complicated to use to say the least, not to mention buggy.

I like that we are no longer limited to the grid layouts of previous RCT games but... christ, it is way too hard to use, and the result is nowhere nearly as good as it should be. Essentialy impossible to create anything realistic.

Plus, the lack of more coaster styles in the game is upsetting to say the least.

Not terribly happy with first beta weekend. guess we'll see what the second one has to offer.

This is one of the reasons I don't usually pre-purchase games. I hope this one gets some more time to bake in the oven. They're going in the right direction, but it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the editor.

If this fails I'll probably pick up NL2, though I'll have to handle the learning curve either way.

Dang... I was afraid the coaster editor for RCTWorld would be complicated. Well, there's still time for them to fix it... hopefully... December 10th will be here before we know it. I honestly think they should've waited till 2016 to release the game. Sure, it would be up against Planet Coaster, but at least they'd have enough time to get everything right. I don't know why Atari is so determined to get RCTWorld out this year. We'll see how it goes.

Okay, I finally managed to build a coaster I'm satisfied with.

And by satisfied with I mean "I got the layout editor to do more or less what I wanted, and all the issues it does still have are mostly just fixable bugs".

I want to upload a screenshot of it, are we allowed to do that? Or is that a no-no because its a beta stage?

It kind of was, and of course, I picked the most flattering photos. What you can't see in the screenshots is:

-The support beams that are placed too close to the track and the trains ends up passing through them

-The trains behave erratically, sometimes they get stuck on block brakes for no reason. Sometimes when testing a track they crash for no apparant reason

-When coaster trains crash, sometimes the crashed trains just stay there and take up space.

-I wanted to terraform this coaster but support beams and such "get in the way" and the terrain transforms around them.

-There is no heartlining. I guess nolimits 2 has spoiled me but yeah, suddenly it really bugs me that a track isn't heartlined.

-Coaster stations come in 4 different themes but only a single size. Want to make a kiddie coaster? No problem, but it's gonna have a millennium-force-esque station

-Straight pieces of track are a nightmare to make because you have to create them by sight. there is no "snapping" tool to help you with it.

-Banking transitions are more often than not, bad, and the way the editor is built, making a continuous smooth turn is hard.

-Making a nice looking vertical loop is extremely hard.

Now, a lot of these issues are fixable bugs, or things that I imagine will be made better in the future. But... yeah, this game isn't going to be anyone's dream game upon release.

HAVING SAID THAT, though. If it werent for the support clearance thing (which, again, is a fixable bug), this coaster would've turned out pretty much exactly as I wanted it to. So... the game isn't UNplayable either.

I had so many issues getting it going last night. I still haven't even been able to play yet. I had planned to stream it last night for you gus and come try failed. My computer wouldn't come out of this update screen, literally from 8:30 to 11 it was stuck. The game took until after midnight to download, and I couldn't get the program I downloaded to capture the screen. It was everything working against me. I hope sunday I can play. That will be the only other opportunity I'll have to play.

I had so many issues getting it going last night. I still haven't even been able to play yet. I had planned to stream it last night for you gus and come try failed. My computer wouldn't come out of this update screen, literally from 8:30 to 11 it was stuck. The game took until after midnight to download, and I couldn't get the program I downloaded to capture the screen. It was everything working against me. I hope sunday I can play. That will be the only other opportunity I'll have to play.

RCTW refused to work for me while i had my streaming program open. try doing it without it.

It kind of was, and of course, I picked the most flattering photos. What you can't see in the screenshots is:

-The support beams that are placed too close to the track and the trains ends up passing through them

-The trains behave erratically, sometimes they get stuck on block brakes for no reason. Sometimes when testing a track they crash for no apparant reason

-When coaster trains crash, sometimes the crashed trains just stay there and take up space.

-I wanted to terraform this coaster but support beams and such "get in the way" and the terrain transforms around them.

-There is no heartlining. I guess nolimits 2 has spoiled me but yeah, suddenly it really bugs me that a track isn't heartlined.

-Coaster stations come in 4 different themes but only a single size. Want to make a kiddie coaster? No problem, but it's gonna have a millennium-force-esque station

-Straight pieces of track are a nightmare to make because you have to create them by sight. there is no "snapping" tool to help you with it.

-Banking transitions are more often than not, bad, and the way the editor is built, making a continuous smooth turn is hard.

-Making a nice looking vertical loop is extremely hard.

Now, a lot of these issues are fixable bugs, or things that I imagine will be made better in the future. But... yeah, this game isn't going to be anyone's dream game upon release.

HAVING SAID THAT, though. If it werent for the support clearance thing (which, again, is a fixable bug), this coaster would've turned out pretty much exactly as I wanted it to. So... the game isn't UNplayable either.

List these concerns on the RCTWorld facebook page. Just so they know.

I bought the deluxe pack that got me RCT, RCT2, RCT3, and RCTW. I have never played the RCT2 expansions or RCT3 so I figured I'll have plenty of games to entertain myself while they get the kinks worked out of RCTW. Man, my laptop must be too old for RCTW. It was super laggy and I had similar problems with creating unique features like loops and such. I'll try again the next Beta week or might just wait until the game is finished. It looks pretty and I'm glad to see other's screen shots of finished coasters.

Still think RCT2 is the best after trying RCT3 for the first time yesterday.

^ I was kind of wondering about the graphics. Like what kind of computer would be needed to play the game where it wouldn't look like garbage. I just have a 2014 HP Envy with the 'upgraded' graphics card. Not sure if I have enough juice to play this.

^ I was kind of wondering about the graphics. Like what kind of computer would be needed to play the game where it wouldn't look like garbage. I just have a 2014 HP Envy with the 'upgraded' graphics card. Not sure if I have enough juice to play this.

With most games in development, optimization is one of the last steps. They try to get the major programming done before cleaning up the code. I imagine the game will be running smoother by the final release. Then again, RCT 3 still runs pretty sluggish on my fairly modern PC . . .

I think it is encouraging that they did a beta test for this game. Give the developers credit for trying a new system for a coaster builder, and one that I think has potential. Hopefully they really try to apply this feedback into cleaning up the builder to make a better experience. I don't know that there will be major changes before the official release, but if they are serious enough to completely change course midway through the development, hopefully they will stay with the ship and make changes until it's right.