TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very exciting day for RCTW! Today we're proud to announce our worldwide release date - December 10, 2015!

Along with that, we are now offering PRE-ORDERS of RCTW. Pre-ordering is the ONLY WAY to enter our Beta Program, beginning later this year. Click here to pre-order now: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot!

Follow our blog for more info on pre-orders, Beta program, UGC, Mac support, and more: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-19-release-date-announcement-and-beta-access-info/

And read up on all the latest RCTW news, thanks to PC Gamer: www.pcgamer.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-release-date-set-for-december/

Yay, this will be #1 gift for coaster nerds this Christmas

YES!!! The next installment of my favorite game series of all time comes out on my birthday!!

So it better be good. And, I think it will be, as the coaster construction menu actually seems to remind me more of No Limits 2 than previous RCT games. This might be the true installment we all waited for.

I already have RCT3, but that Ultimate Edition looks enticing.

I wonder what the additional textures will be? I find it odd that something as simple as textures & skins are pre-order exclusive when this game is open to modding. It wouldn't take more than a week for those said "pre-order exclusive" textures & skins to just be re-created and uploaded on the Steam workshop.

However, that classic RCT panda is sure to get all the die hard fans to pre-order. Like me.

However, that classic RCT panda is sure to get all the die hard fans to pre-order. Like me.

It should just be there to begin with, without having to purchase what's effectively day one downloadable content.

It should just be there to begin with, without having to purchase what's effectively day one downloadable content.

Pretty bummed to see that they're going down that route, but since every big company is doing the whole "day one dlc" thing, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be one of the few who will not buy the game when it first comes out. I'll be watching let's plays and reviews for a while. I want to see exactly what I'll be getting for $60... Planet Coaster on the other hand... hmmm...

I'm going to be one of the few who will not buy the game when it first comes out. I'll be watching let's plays and reviews for a while. I want to see exactly what I'll be getting for $60... Planet Coaster on the other hand... hmmm...

My thoughts exactly. If it ends up being excellent, then I guess I'll have to live without the pre-order panda and pay full price when its out. Otherwise, I'd sure be kicking myself if I dropped $50 on a game that ended up bombing.

Comparing that to the £19.99 (roughly $30) on Planet Coaster makes it tempting to support the latter, but I'm still holding the same standards until we get to see more from them too.

I'm shocked Atari hasn't released a new trailer yet. I'll give them kudos for removing that horrendous trailer they posted in March of this year, but they seriously need to start marketing RTCW. So far the only people who are going to buy it are the die-hard fans who are familiar with the franchise.

Have we actually seen anything from planet coaster yet, though? Aside from how the guests will act? From what little of that game we've seen so far, it looks closer to RCT3 than this one does. I feel like the only reason we're looking at that one so positively is because it hasn't given us reason to believe it won't be good yet. World, on the other hand, has come a long way since march, and I'm pretty happy with the demo videos I saw. Idk, I'm looking forward to this game.

I'm shocked Atari hasn't released a new trailer yet. I'll give them kudos for removing that horrendous trailer they posted in March of this year, but they seriously need to start marketing RTCW. So far the only people who are going to buy it are the die-hard fans who are familiar with the franchise.

Them and the people who see the advertisements for the game at the Six Flags parks:

IMG_1614.thumb.JPG.1d389a9f50d0122a9e1e1294eeb9a171.JPG

Saw this while in line for Wicked Cyclone this past weekend.

Did anyone else watch the live stream yesterday? I was getting really annoyed with the person they had building the coasters. They didn't make a single realistic coaster. I'm looking forward to trying it out myself, but that live stream was just unorganized, Skype calls coming in, the person doing the controls want staying on the same page as they guys talking about the game.

For anyone that has not pre ordered, if I set up a live stream of game play and opened chat, would anyone join in? It would start around 8:30/9 EST tonight and go until I don't feel like playing any more.

Thanks!

Them and the people who see the advertisements for the game at the Six Flags parks:

Even still, not everyone goes to Six Flags. Heck, I haven't been to a Six Flags park since 2001. They will reach more people with a new trailer on youtube, as well as some TV ads.

I'll check out those livestream videos was well.

And yes, Planet Coaster looks like a polished RCT3, but at least Frontier is getting it right the first time. I think Atari should've hired them and made Planet Coaster the new RCT for PC, but I'm not disappointed with what NVizzio has showed off so far. I just need to see more... Lots more.

Edited by Risky

Oh boy... the coaster builder is bad. Real bad.

The reason none of the previews have shown realistic looking coasters is that I don't think it's possible to make one. Played for little over an hour and gave up on an Invert after I couldn't build a loop, then gave up on an Dragster type ride because the game couldn't handle a vertical climb. Then finally got a little hyper-coaster going but still looked silly.

Learning curve is worse than NoLimits 1/2 for sure.

Oh boy... the coaster builder is bad. Real bad.

The reason none of the previews have shown realistic looking coasters is that I don't think it's possible to make one. Played for little over an hour and gave up on an Invert after I couldn't build a loop, then gave up on an Dragster type ride because the game couldn't handle a vertical climb. Then finally got a little hyper-coaster going but still looked silly.

Learning curve is worse than NoLimits 1/2 for sure.

The coaster buider looks similar to TPS. Is it like that? If it is, then hypers should be easy for me.

Does the game have a RMC hybrid/woodie coaster type?