TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

I've mentioned before, I think the reason the trailer footage looks different is that its not in game footage. They simply took the graphic objects they made for the game and created a teaser scene with them.

Pipeworks has said that the first part of the teaser trailer is live footage (Goliath at SFMM) and the last part of the trailer is in game assets that have been rendered.

I know. I was just hoping the game was going to look like the small glimpse in the trailer because they park looked more realistic. Real theme parks don't have linear paths to everything. Anyway, I'll just use CS if possible... Which makes me wonder if we will be able to carry over our RCT3 CS sets to RCTW.

Edited by Risky

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not mentioned in the picture - the lights! They're placed off-center on the footpaths!

That "Flying Pagoda Ride" thing that you are talking about appears to be a sit-down restaurant (the Youtube video that I will post below says its a Japanese/Chinese restaurant). I am really excited for this feature (Pipeworks confirmed the addition of sit-down restaurants in one of their articles recently)

Here's the video (this guy gives some great suggestions, I hope Pipeworks adds them! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSmK8SiaMg&feature=youtu.be

Some of the suggestions that I like are:

1. Improved roller coaster stations (in the video, the user compares the ride station in RCT3 with a ride station in RCT World but the one in RCT World has "holding areas" (where guests wait in line for a certain car)

2. Roller coaster breakdowns and mechanical issues (when a roller coaster "breaks down" in RCT3 (restraints stuck open,etc.) the guests get out of the queue line. This guy is proposing that the guests stay in the line but the queue shuts down for a certain time while the mechanic fixes the ride.)

3. Weather conditions (the addition of rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms, etc.) would be nice. Also, I like the fact that the user in this video wants leaves to turn brown on trees when the calendar gets to October and November.

Edited by mnemesi

That bit in the video about the 4 themes having the same amount of attractions really doesn't make me excited for this at all, it makes me think of theme park world not RCT. If Americana is actually a generic theme, i'd rather it got the majority of rides and then the other 3 have some themed rides instead of being shared equally between the 4. Although the other option could be RCT2 style they all share the same style attractions but have different themes, but the more I read about this the less excited I get, It could turn out to be different, but in my mind i'm picturing that one patch has to be western themed in the park and the monorail that takes me to the next patch which would have to be a sci-fi area etc.

Edited by Garet

That bit in the video about the 4 themes having the same amount of attractions really doesn't make me excited for this at all, it makes me think of theme park world not RCT. If Americana is actually a generic theme, i'd rather it got the majority of rides and then the other 3 have some themed rides instead of being shared equally between the 4. Although the other option could be RCT2 style they all share the same style attractions but have different themes, but the more I read about this the less excited I get, It could turn out to be different, but in my mind i'm picturing that one patch has to be western themed in the park and the monorail that takes me to the next patch which would have to be a sci-fi area etc.

Im interested to see the list of rides & roller coasters featured in each theme, I think everything is itchin to see roller coaster pictures and what kinds they will be (I am hoping for a Winged coaster & a Hybrid Wood coaster (wood coaster with steel track).

I hate the 4 theme idea. HATE HATE HATE!!!! Id rather be able to make a Disneyland park, with several different themes in on park.

Am I missing something? I was given the impression that those are the themes vailable and that theres nothing keeping you from building alfour in one park if you so choose

^The terrain in the four pictures seem like they're fixed. Desert with multiple mesas for western, and mountainous regions for the Americana. The sci-fi and adventure themes were close-ups, but I'd bet they might be fixed as well.

My hope is for a complete sandbox. That's basically the only reason why I played the previous RCT games. Being able to start from scratch and fill a big map with whatever theme you so choose (or go with the game's list of themes, which the previous ones seemed to have a longer list of: buccaneer, adventure, spooky, etc...).

What's next, earning golden tickets and golden keys? I don't want to play Sim Theme Park, I want to play RollerCoaster Tycoon!

Are Sim Theme Park and Theme Park World the same thing? Were they released under two different names for some reason?

I'm not bothered by the different themes. I just hope they have as many as RCT3, and much more content for each theme (rides, stalls, and decor). But I do understand what you guys mean. And sometimes these different themes might include funky rides that aren't real.

I would love to see real rides from real parks in RCTW, and then we can theme them as we please or if necessary (I think someone mentioned that in a previous post).

I hope Pipeworks realizes that they're catering to a fan base of older people who grew up playing RCT, and they shouldn't have to "dumb it down" so that it appeals to this generation of gamers. They shouldn't be afraid to make the game more advanced and realistic. So far it looks more like a polished version of RCT3, which I don't mind, but I was expecting more realism.

I know it's still to early to be certain, but I must ask you all:

So far, from what you've seen, do you think Pipeworks catering to what the fans really want?

In the video, I love the idea of making hotels and adding to it, and I love the idea of the holding area at coaster stations. I hope they take those suggestions into consideration.

Yea I love the idea of a "holding area" too, I really hope Pipeworks adds that!

I do think that Pipeworks is attempting to cater to the fans of RCT, they are asking us what should or should not be in the game (Pipeworks is posting on Facebook, Twitter, and they are most likely reading this forum for more ideas). From what ive seen of the game based on screenshots and reading articles, the game looks very promising and has the potential to be good. I am very excited to see more of this game and I cant wait to see what Pipeworks adds!

I found this on Facebook:

RollerCoaster Tycoon World

We can now confirm that there will be 3 views when riding your rides.

1st person, 3rd person and Free Cam..

Free Cam sounds so cool, I want to see a video of it!

Are Sim Theme Park and Theme Park World the same thing? Were they released under two different names for some reason?

Theme Park World is the "official name" but the game was called Sim Theme Park in the U.S. and Brazil.

Theme Park World = Sim Theme Park, and Theme Park Inc = SimCoaster.

I can get past the theme as long as they retain sandbox mode. I'm no fan of cartoony themes, but as long as there is a modding community for the game, we should be able to create whatever we want.

I'm actually a bit excited for the collaborative park mode. I remember attempting group parks that got passed around and it would always end up a mess at some point and I would open the file and just sigh at what happened.

I can get past the theme as long as they retain sandbox mode. I'm no fan of cartoony themes, but as long as there is a modding community for the game, we should be able to create whatever we want.

I'm actually a bit excited for the collaborative park mode. I remember attempting group parks that got passed around and it would always end up a mess at some point and I would open the file and just sigh at what happened.

Yes im hoping for sandbox mode too, hopefully Pipeworks includes a online sandbox mode where the building restrictions are unlimited!

1. Improved roller coaster stations (in the video, the user compares the ride station in RCT3 with a ride station in RCT World but the one in RCT World has "holding areas" (where guests wait in line for a certain car)

2. Roller coaster breakdowns and mechanical issues (when a roller coaster "breaks down" in RCT3 (restraints stuck open,etc.) the guests get out of the queue line. This guy is proposing that the guests stay in the line but the queue shuts down for a certain time while the mechanic fixes the ride.)

3. Weather conditions (the addition of rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms, etc.) would be nice. Also, I like the fact that the user in this video wants leaves to turn brown on trees when the calendar gets to October and November.

That sounds more like a geeked out simulator that the GP is not going to care about.

You have to consider the fact that this game will be marketed toward adolescents and children. Again, we're the minority.

[vimeo][vimeo][/vimeo][/vimeo]

I hope Pipeworks realizes that they're catering to a fan base of older people who grew up playing RCT, and they shouldn't have to "dumb it down" so that it appeals to this generation of gamers. They shouldn't be afraid to make the game more advanced and realistic. So far it looks more like a polished version of RCT3, which I don't mind, but I was expecting more realism.

Are they? How many adults do you think are really going to rush out and buy this game? That's with the exception of the few and far between roller coaster enthusiasts... and then even less of those people who play video games.

I think Pipeworks is attempting to target both the hardcore fans and the newcomers to the RCT franchise. Pipeworks understands that the RCT franchise is one of the most recognizable PC series in the last 2 decades. I will definately pre order this game, and I am a long time RCT fan (played RCT 1, 2, & 3, but I haven't played RCT 4M and RCT 3D but I don't want too. My hopes are high for this game, especially since RCT 3 was so intuitive and groundbreaking compared to 1 & 2, and I have complete faith in Pipeworks to get the job done.