TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

^I don't think the grid went anywhere.

1) I definitely do like that there are buildings that aren't themed to what they sell. That's something I've been wanting since RCT1.

2) I really doubt they'd give up on the ability to build your own structures. That would be a catastrophic move for them.

3) I... Don't like the look of the ride on the left. It doesn't look like anything real.

4) Ungh... Three plots connected by monorail? That sounds so limited. Especially if you want to build the sort of park that wouldn't have a monorail. I'd much rather have one big plot, or at least the OPTION for it.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think that each plot is pretty big. I suspect we are not talking rct3 size split into 3. More like 3 separate game areas that can be linked, like how MK is linked to Epcot via monorail. At least I hope thats how it works. It still looks quite grid-like to be honest, but maybe that part was built as a grid deliberately.

I figured that invented, made up flats were an rct staple. In game (non-custom) stuff was never realistic. It would be nice to have the option of realistic rides, but there should still be the silly, fun stuff too. Its not a simulator after all.

I figured that invented, made up flats were an rct staple. In game (non-custom) stuff was never realistic. It would be nice to have the option of realistic rides, but there should still be the silly, fun stuff too. Its not a simulator after all.

What rides in RCT1 and 2 didn't really exist? (And I don't mean nonexistant re-themes of existing rides, like the firecracker ride)

Some new screens of the game:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10648482_1493206830918411_5434513595261776639_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10672173_1493206820918412_8055538180403339577_n.jpg

http://alturl.com/agizi

I am interested to see how the new queue system works. Looks like they have gotten rid of the footpaths used in previous RCT games.

^ Those screenshots were interesting...

The mascots seem to look a little bigger than the people. Also the paths, rides, and object placement look grid-like, which is fine, but I hope there will be more angles that we can turn and place an object. I would love to be able to build a coaster that starts with a diagonal station, as well as place thrill rides diagonally.

As far as paths, I wish they'd follow some of those custom scenery path covers people made for RCT3. Those path covers made parks look very realistic. Speaking of which, I'm really hoping we'll be able to add custom scenery sets to RCTworld. I'm sure the game will have a lot to offer, but there are some custom scenery sets that are really awesome, and I can;t do without them.

The main thing I'l hoping for is few limitations. RCT3 was awesome, but had some limitations that got on my nerves. I'm a little at ease about this because they said they played RCT 1-3. I'm hoping they took notes, as well as took into consideration what the fans requested back in 2010 on the Atari forums.

I like what I see so far, but I do hope and feel like a lot of these things will be polished a little more. Here's my thoughts...

Non working monorail... Why? Maybe this will change it's still early.

Big shops/restaurant look good.

The Americana theme will make for nice "Main Street USA " themes.

I love the coaster slicing through the park on a large angle. I hope the coasters have good supports, custom scenery will be tough, if it's even available for this game. I think it will be. I feel it adds years to the play life of the game if custom scenery is available. No matter what, I'm getting this game , waited so long and none of this should be taken as complaining.

Im hoping for realistic coaster tracks and trains. I would like to be able to recreate the new B&M and Mack creations.

Moreso than tons of polygons, I think what would make this game great is a huge ride catalog. It would be nice to pick a theme in a customizable tab vs having several of the same rides with different themes.

I have a feeling the next screenshots will show a lot more, can't wait to see what the coasters and people look like !

Welcome back RCT!

I like all of your comments, especially about the S&S Screamin' Swing ride. I really hope they make a replica (or one close to it) to Skyhawk at Cedar Point, that would be pretty cool. I think you hit the nail on the head sort of speak with the Red, White, and Blue themed colors, I definitely think that has something to do with the whole Americana theme. I also don't mind the theme stalls in pic #1 (the adventure themed stalls), I think they look pretty cool (especially that giant tiki head and the shipwrecked pirate flag!

EDIT: Found another picture (this one is a Sci-Fi theme)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BweIFFLCIAE0pwe.jpg

I like all of your comments, especially about the S&S Screamin' Swing ride. I really hope they make a replica (or one close to it) to Skyhawk at Cedar Point, that would be pretty cool. I think you hit the nail on the head sort of speak with the Red, White, and Blue themed colors, I definitely think that has something to do with the whole Americana theme. I also don't mind the theme stalls in pic #1 (the adventure themed stalls), I think they look pretty cool (especially that giant tiki head and the shipwrecked pirate flag!

EDIT: Found another picture (this one is a Sci-Fi theme)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BweIFFLCIAE0pwe.jpg

Oh jeez, with the exception of the MASSIVE curves on the coaster track, I see absolutely nothing in that picture that I like. It looks like something outta "Theme Park World".

To keep from sounding like a negative nancy, though, I really have to emphasise how excited I am about a new construction method that lets you build big, non-piece-by-piece curves like that.

RCT World news keeps pouring in today, found another article!

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/rollercoaster-tycoon-preview/

"You’ll even be able to read the general park consensus from the parks inhabitants in something called the “Park Pulse,” which will aggregate everyone’s opinion into easily digestible data."

"Using a spline system instead of the old style of laying individual pieces to build a ride, it looked easy and intuitive to make exactly what you want.You can even “ride” the roller coasters you’ve created, as well as any other ride in the game, in both a 1st- and 3rd-person view." This confirms that CoasterCam is coming back!

I'm cautious about this new building system. I hope it really will be as flexible as we want it to be (I mean, Theme Park World's building system was technically splines, I guess) , but... if it is good enough to make realistic coasters with... then that would b totally awesome and already give the game much credit in my opinion.

CoasterCam is a given. It would be stupid if they didn't include it.

Also in the Sci-Fi themed pic, you can kind of get a better look at a peep in the bottom right corner. Looks pretty good.

Well I think many people were skeptical that Pipeworks was going to add CoasterCam.

I'm cautious about this new building system. I hope it really will be as flexible as we want it to be (I mean, Theme Park World's building system was technically splines, I guess) , but... if it is good enough to make realistic coasters with... then that would b totally awesome and already give the game much credit in my opinion.

Yeah, I wish that I could have had Theme Park World / Sim Theme Park's spline-based coaster building system in RollerCoaster Tycoon. The next best thing was Ultimate Ride but everything was just too stylistic.

Yeah, I wish that I could have had Theme Park World / Sim Theme Park's spline-based coaster building system in RollerCoaster Tycoon. The next best thing was Ultimate Ride but everything was just too stylistic.

You WANT the theme park world building system?! I was giving it an example for how the spline system could go WRONG! You can't really build anything decent/realistic looking in theme park world.

I just saw a video posted on Facebook about the new "spline" creation method (this was and is not the "spline" method used in RCT World, it was just showing off an example of how it looks). It looked REALLY REALLY CONFUSING to me and I did not understand it at all, but maybe its just because im not used to that sort of building style yet. From what I have been reading from people who played the game at PAX, it sounds like its easy to get used too and it doesn't take long to learn all of the ins and outs of it sort of speak. I want to see this new "spline" creation method in actual RCT World gameplay footage so I will see exactly how easy it is.

I found this on Pipeworks Twitter account this morning, hope it means something to you:

Fladnag ‏@xJuicyRevengeX · Sep 1

@pipeworks Will rct world have Dynamic lightning? Would be great for dark rides..

Pipeworks Software

‏@pipeworks @xJuicyRevengeX There will be a 24-hour night and day cycle.

I hope this means that your park has certain closing times (8:00 AM to 10:00 PM) and/or changing weather conditions as well (rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms, etc).

^RCT3 had closing times too. many people didn't realize this.

They're just not expressed by everyone leaving the park, but simply by the hours jumping.

I don't think that people taking a long time to leave the park and then a long time to refill it back up ever morning is something I want in a game.

Whre can I find this video?