TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

^ Thanks for the info. Looking forward to their presentation if it happens. Good to hear that Pipeworks is replying to the fans.

Another thing I was wondering is about the online gameplay. I read that other players will be able to visit your park, and that you can assign other managers over your park online, and they'd have access to change things and build stuff. I think that's pretty cool. But if other people are visiting your park, I wonder if it'll be like Thrillville where you get to walk around as the person you made. If so, I think that'd be an awesome way to explore someone's park. Can't wait to find out more!

Edited by Risky

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want to release early 2015 and they are still in pre-alpha? Lets hope they have a real hot and fast team working on it. Otherwise we are going to have major, major slippage.

Well you may be right but we wont know until we see more footage, we cant judge a game based on a 30 second teaser trailer. In my personal opinion, RCT World sounds like its coming along nicely (I love the 4 player co-op feature) and I cant wait to see the final product!

^ Yeah. There wasn't much to go off of from that trailer. I really REALLY want to see more of the game... These next 4 months are going to be torture until the game comes out. By the way, "early 2015" means some time in January, right?

When I first saw "releases in early 2015" I immediately thought Q1 2015 (January-March). I don't think it will be released in Q2 (March-May), unless Pipeworks and Atari pushes back the release date. I guess we will just have to wait and see at this point.

RCT4 has so many bugs and glitches. I cannot even play the game right now without it timing out within the first minute of opening. I really am crossing my fingers for the 5th installment, but worried it's going to be a blend of RCT4 and 3, which I just cannot stand.

Most fans sound like they want a higher quality version of RCT2, so why not just give it to them?!

RCT is not meant to be a mobile game, it should be a PC exclusive which is why RCT4M was a complete and utter disaster. Maybe the game was just meant to be a cash influx for Atari (now the app is free) but most everyone knows that Atari went bankrupt 2-3 years ago, which is why I think Frontier wants absolutely nothing to do with Atari anymore. RCT World will be MUCH MUCH better than the mobile version, but my main wish is for it to be the best roller coaster tycoon game in the franchise.

I had no idea the game was now free to download. I guess they took the hints...? Hmm. Anyways, I opened the game and it took me to the park, but it won't let me build anything... is there a reason for it (for anyone who has played)?

I hate the idea of online game play and wish they would just stick with playing the game without having a need for an internet connection. Wasn't that one of the big complaints of the latest Sim City game, which obviously bombed?

You have the option of playing online or offline with just one person, RCT World isn't just an online game.

I hate the idea of online game play and wish they would just stick with playing the game without having a need for an internet connection. Wasn't that one of the big complaints of the latest Sim City game, which obviously bombed?

Sim City had always on DRM, which was an anti piracy measure. It meant you had to be connected to the net to play single player, so couldn't, for instance, play on a laptop while you were travelling and had no internet. So it wasnt online play, the game just needed a net connection to work at all. Everyone hated it.

Im sure RCTW wont have a feature like that, not as long as Pipeworks have their sanity.

I don't think any of the pre-packaged rides/screenshot rides have ever been "good", let alone realistic throughout the RCT series.

Ha! Good point! Here's the original RCT back of the box. Try to picture what we would all be saying today if these were the only images we saw!

The pictures on the box look as good as any Six Flags park.

Well this morning I went on Pipeworks Twitter account and found this:

Andres ‏@snowyday2 · 23h

@pipeworks Are we going to be geting more info about RollerCoaster Tycoon World at Pax and is it going to be on Steam?

Pipeworks Software

‏@pipeworks @snowyday2 We will be at PAX, yes!

And this

Andres ‏@snowyday2 · 23h

@pipeworks Are you geting excited to show it off at Pax Prime soon and would any updates of the game be posted on the Internet?

Pipeworks Software ‏@pipeworks · 23h

@snowyday2 Most of it will be behind closed doors, but there should be some good press coverage coming out of the show.

It looks like we can expect some more info about RCT World this weekend (PAX starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday) or sometime next week. I will post any updates I find here on the forums

I want this to be good. I really do. But my expectations are fairly low at this point.

As far as I'm concerned, I will be perfectly happy if what we get is RCT3 with MUCH better graphics, a better sense of scale (It took me a while to realize that something that bothered me a lot about RCT3 is that things weren't built "big" enough compared to the size of a person.) , less lag once you build many things, and not making it a nightmare to mod. (CFRs are one of the only reasons RCT3 is still being played regularly if you ask me)

The trailer revealed very little. Personally it still bugged me that food shops look like the food they're selling, but. Eh. Whatcha gonna do.

Well it sounds like people that got their hands on the live demo of RCT World at PAX were amazed at how great the game is looking, people have been posting about it on Twitter and some of the comments are:

Ian @brutalmoose · Aug 29

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON WORLD HYPE!! Just saw a demo and I am excited!!

PeanutButterGamer @PeanutButterGmr · Aug 29

Just saw Roller Coaster Tycoon World with @brutalmoose. It looks amazing. Super excited about it! =D

And Pipeworks confirmed that we will be seeing screenshots, no video footage, of the game within the next few days. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday we will be able to see them!

Well, pictures are worth a thousand words, but videos leave people speechless. Even still, I'm looking forward to the screenshots. I'm also hoping someone uploads a video of the demo. Judging by the reactions, it seems like this game just might have been worth waiting 10 years for.

Check this out! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137176-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-World-Wants-to-Be-Better-than-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-3?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=all

Im reading the article right now, ill post what I find when I finish it.

"First off, they've done a lot to improve the visual look and sound of the game. The new engine entirely in 3D, and the rides, coasters and scenery all look fantastic. Each of the rides have a distinct theme song playing near them and when you zoom in you'll hear that as well as the creak and mechanical noises of the ride itself. Zoom all the way out and you'll get the windy feel of the atmosphere blending with the game's overall theme music." Perfect (hopefully this means CoasterCam is coming back too)

"You can create your amusement park on a plot that's connected (by monorail of course) to three other plots. These can be inhabited by your friends' parks or people you meet online to create a multiplayer massive theme park." Awesome sauce

"He gave me a quick demonstration of how to build one in World and it's remarkably easy and intuitive. You'll be able to design the coaster of your dreams with little frustration." Very cool

This game sounds so cool I want to pre-order it right now (hopefully we will be able too shortly). I cant wait until Pipeworks releases more screenshots.

Why is it called "World"? I'm glad you asked! You can create your amusement park on a plot that's connected (by monorail of course) to three other plots. These can be inhabited by your friends' parks or people you meet online to create a multiplayer massive theme park.But before you cry all SimCity on me, Kennedy was quick to point out how Roller Coaster Tycoon World will be different from EA's game.

"You don't have to play with anyone if you don't want to," Kennedy said. "And there will be an offline mode." You can save up enough money to buy the other plots and build your own huge park completely on your own. But if you do choose to play online with people, the option is there.

That stuck out to me the most, as well as the image of the game within the article:

The ride on the top-right almost looks to be an S&S Screamin' Swing with a barnyard theme to it. Judging completely off of the image, I kinda like what I see in it.

I am liking the buildings in that picture, too. It does not appear that those are custom built, it looks like those are standard buildings that come with the game (although I could be wrong). Now only if they add custom supports to the roller coasters including catwalks, and ride platforms (aka stations) that are much bigger than RCT3 than that will be icing on the cake. All in all though this game is looking very promising!

Great finds, guys! Thanks! That screenshot looks awesome!

I was looking at the peeps in the screen shot. They look good in terms of individual clothing styles. I wonder if we'll have the option to create our own peeps like in RCT3.

Also, while the shops (like the blue house looking one) look realistic, I wonder if we'll have the option to build our own shops and buildings (and ride stations) from walls to ceiling like in RCT3. Being that there looks to be no grid I'm sort of doubting we'll be able to build our own buildings... But we'll see... I shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Edited by Risky