TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

The ferris wheel looks nice, but everything else in that little glimpse is a bad indicator that fans of the originals will like this game. I'll wait a little longer to pass final judgement, but the double teacups, weird looking plane ride, and odd coaster trains are already telling me that this will be a generic appeal-to-common-denominator game with made up rides and goofy gameplay.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that just doesn't understand how "common sense" doesn't seem to be as apparent in some of these discussion on the games forum???

Today does seem to be a bad day for common sense... but a pretty good day for PC-based rollercoaster software. Definitely agree on the intern creating the coasters, though looking back, I don't think any of the pre-packaged rides/screenshot rides have ever been "good", let alone realistic throughout the RCT series.

I don't think any of the pre-packaged rides/screenshot rides have ever been "good", let alone realistic throughout the RCT series.

Ha! Good point! Here's the original RCT back of the box. Try to picture what we would all be saying today if these were the only images we saw!

937967623-00.thumb.jpg.30946e53dff708f7921b07b79923c02d.jpg

I don't think any of the pre-packaged rides/screenshot rides have ever been "good", let alone realistic throughout the RCT series.

Ha! Good point! Here's the original RCT back of the box. Try to picture what we would all be saying today if these were the only images we saw!

Back on topic, I don't have very high hopes for the franchise after rct3ds and mobile, and I'm more mixed on this. However, one thing I hope rctw does this time around as at least have more customizable scenery and/or rides.

cs.png.637d955b6aa3a42b39a781ceb1a1e3b1.png

Couldn't resist

I hope they realize that a lot of the RCT fans from way back when have now crossed over to Mac, me being one of them, solely because of what I'm majoring in. So, with that being said, if there isn't a Mac version, a lot of us will be very upset. I've been waiting for this day since.....I can't even remember. "Dropping to PC" scares me

I hope they realize that a lot of the RCT fans from way back when have now crossed over to Mac, me being one of them, solely because of what I'm majoring in. So, with that being said, if there isn't a Mac version, a lot of us will be very upset. I've been waiting for this day since.....I can't even remember. "Dropping to PC" scares me

Unfortunately, despite Apples growth, for some reason PC generally just refers to Windows these days. The terms PC and Mac are so outdated now. Especially because, on a fundamental hardware level, they are all PC's now. They really should just start specifying this stuff by OS platform now (Windows, OSX, Linux, etc.) Oh well, there's always bootcamp.

I think it's awesome they're coming back and at least taking into consideration the voice of the fans.

I looked over the screenshot carefully and there are a few things I see that sort of let me down...

- The food stalls a reminiscent of all the past RCT games. Was hoping for something more realistic.

- The basic looking coaster layout and train.

I am glad to see...

- What looks like off grid placement

- A more full park. Never felt like the past RCT games ever left enough peeps in the parks.

I have I hopes for this new game, but that also comes with high expectations. Looking forward to the updates on it...

In the trailer they say "The best things in life are worth waiting for" so, with that statement, I'm going to assume they are going to do everything in their power to make this the RCT of our dreams.

Also, does anyone else remember what they asked on the Atari forums years ago?

"We would like to know what you'd like for the next RollerCoaster Tycoon for PC. What would make you rush out to buy it?"

Many fans submitted their wishlists, so I'm going to assume they're going to do everything they can to please the fans, as well as keep it for PC only. Keeping it on PC makes sense to me since the series has always been for PC, and PCs aren't expensive to buy. It's like if a game is Playstation exclusive, but you have an Xbox. Just break down and by the system for the game if you really want it that bad. But I'm sure it won't have to come to that, and there will be a Steam download version to buy.

There's not much to judge after seeing this trailer. Given the last two RCT installments, they should've went all out with this trailer. If they really wanted to sell us this game, they'd spoil us with lots of in-game footage and images to make a statement and a promise. Tell us that they know what the fans want, and promise that they're going to give it to them.

I am excited because this doesn't feel like it's going to be crap like the last two RCT games, but only time will tell. This is Atari's last chance. I hope they don't screw it up.

Something I found mildly amusing in RCT, for about a minute, was the fact that the the peeps are aware when they are being watched individually...

Now, wouldn't it be great if instead of sitting there paranoid about "who's watching me?", you could follow them around and see what they think and do?

What a waste of software and function!

C'mon guys, instead of "little amusements", how about some earnest function? Things like having a button to remove the controls, instead of the David Walsh, "cheat"?

Hey, the more earnest functioning you can put in the better for all concerned, your private "jokes" and little funsies... think about your customers...

Thx

Something I found mildly amusing in RCT, for about a minute, was the fact that the the peeps are aware when they are being watched individually...

Now, wouldn't it be great if instead of sitting there paranoid about "who's watching me?", you could follow them around and see what they think and do?

What a waste of software and function!

C'mon guys, instead of "little amusements", how about some earnest function? Things like having a button to remove the controls, instead of the David Walsh, "cheat"?

Hey, the more earnest functioning you can put in the better for all concerned, your private "jokes" and little funsies... think about your customers...

Thx

That bothered me too, made me feel awkward, lol.

I'm wondering if there will be expansion packs sold separately. I personally think they should just put everything in the game the first time around since we've waited for so long. But if they go the same route as RCT3, I might hold off on buying this game until they make a RCTW Platinum Edition that'll include all of the expansion packs.

Edited by Risky

Im still a bit concerned about how little we have seen of it when its release is less that a year away. Im really, really hoping this isn't a rush job.

I'm hoping the same. If this game was really 10 years in the making it better be darn near perfect. I am aware that there is no such thing as a perfect game, but I can hope, right?

On another note, I will always wonder why Atari made RCT3D and RCT4mobile. I know they were poor attempts at making cash-grab games, but they should've known better and done it with another franchise. I doubt Atari will ever explain why they crapped on the RCT franchise with those last two installments, but I hope they learned from their mistakes and do the right thing with RCTW.

I can't wait to see actual RCTW screenshots and gameplay. That trailer failed to satisfy. And I wonder what they mean by "Early 2015"... I hoping that means sometime in January.

I think it's awesome they're coming back and at least taking into consideration the voice of the fans.

I looked over the screenshot carefully and there are a few things I see that sort of let me down...

- The food stalls a reminiscent of all the past RCT games. Was hoping for something more realistic.

- The basic looking coaster layout and train.

I am glad to see...

- What looks like off grid placement

- A more full park. Never felt like the past RCT games ever left enough peeps in the parks.

I have I hopes for this new game, but that also comes with high expectations. Looking forward to the updates on it...

Realistic food stalls is all I ever asked for in this game along with a catwalk for the coasters and semi-realistic supports.

^ True, but there's also the possibility that they'll have RCT style food stands as well as realistic ones. It's too early to tell. I'm hoping for no paths and queues. Let the guess roam free and find the rides, and line up wherever the ride entrance is. I know that can be seen in the trailer, but we don't know if that was actually in-game footage.

^ I know but you would think they would know what the fan base wants by now...More realism

I would also like this feature in RCT World, in addition to customizable trains and ride supports, realistic food stalls, possibly the addition of arcade games, etc. I think the RCT franchise is very close to being a real life roller coaster simulation, but if Pipeworks adds all of these features plus more, then I think it would enhance the RCT experience ten-fold!

I have checked Pipeworks Software Twitter account and they have confirmed that the first part of the teaser trailer is live footage (Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain) and the last part is "in game assets that are rendered". They later go on to say that RCT World is in the "pre-alpha" stage of developing. This weekend (Aug. 29th-31st) is PAX Prime in Seattle, WA. Someone on Twitter asks Pipeworks if they were going to show off the game and they replied "we plan on showing the game at a limited capacity, although that's not confirmed yet." We may see new gameplay footage and pictures as early as the week of September 1st, so my advice to everyone is to just wait a couple more weeks (I know that we waited 10 years for a new RCT game and most of us are getting ancy) and then we can decide if this game is worth buying or not on day 1.