Photo TR: Mini New Hotness/East Coast Trip

cfc

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad to see this TR come to an end but it was a lot of fun to read! TRs are my favorite part of the forums because of the different pictures, details, funny captions, etc. Did you visit 3 pizza places on the tour or more and you just didn't take pics? How long is the pizza tour? And finally, what is the name of that cupcake place?

This photo right here is where Scott was validating Sarah's existence. He told her it's "ok" to eat pizza without sauce and in fact, the origins of pizza started without sauce! (I believe that's what he told her) So she can go ahead and eat pizza without sauce and there isn't anything wrong with that!

BTW Chuck, that wasn't just mozzarella Sarah was holding...it was BURRATA!!!! To me it is the king of the mozzarella's!!!!

After sampling it, I can understand why you accept it as your king.

For some reason, I'm in the mood for pizza tonight. Can't imagine why.

Edited by cfc

^ I'm all about trying gross-sounding food combinations, so I'm sure I would have enjoyed all the flavors. lol

It actually occurred to me, the three they might be referring to, are

Vanilla; Chocolate; and Strawberry.

I nominate Traditional (plain rice pudding--bleech!), Banana Coconut (not a fan of bananas in anything), and Peach Mango (because I don't like either of those fruits). It all depends on your perspective.

^Well, he does get around via bicycle--and he seems to be a bit hyper.

Eh. One of those high metabolism people I abhor.

So is the tour different everytime or does he keep to the same three pizzerias?

Every tour starts at Lombardi's but the other pizzerias change.

Edited by larrygator

I really ate more pizza that I should have that day. It made it difficult to finish the Molly's Cupcake afterwards. Chuck, Lombardi's was my favorite as well (both times I've done the tour,) but that slice from Joe's was pretty spectacular.

How does Scott stay so skinny doing all those pizza tours?

There's a fun article about him in this month's mental_floss that's worth reading. According to him he starts his day with a bowl of oatmeal and only allows himself 15 slices of pizza a week – which he tracks with an app.

Next time I'm in NYC I'm definitely going to do one of his tours.