TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Mini New Hotness/East Coast Trip

cfc

I think this is my type of park I really wish I can visit there in the next couple of years.

Just to be sure, is the lateral fest of Twister the giant helix around the station?

All of Twister is a lateral fest. It compliments Phoenix perfectly in my opinion and is a really underrated coaster.

Personally I'm not usually a fan of wood coasters that throw you around but I think Twister perfectly walks the line between throwing you around and being rough. It's an insane, awesome out of control ride that's still not the slightest bit rough and is very re-rideable. If this ride were it a corporate park it's a guarantee that it would be a brutal ride but Knoebels has no problem spending whatever money they need every offseason to keep Phoenix and Twister awesome. Every time you go you see a ton of new wood on both rides.

It's good to see they take care of these coasters. All the woodies I've ridden were at big corporate parks and you could tell some of them weren't that well kept. I guess that's what leads the GP to say they are generally rough (and I don't blame them that much given some of those rides at bigger parks)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to throw some more wood on the knoebels love fest fire by saying the place is an absolute gem and if anyone gets to go there on a regular basis you should consider yourself very lucky. Also, all of the food there is awesome and I need to get back there asap.

Great pictures, Chuck, definitely brought back some great memories of that day!

And yeah, I agree with everyone else here, this park is fantastic. I was more excited for Hershey and SFGAd before the trip had begun but visiting Knoebels easily ended up being my favorite day of the East coast tour.

Knoebels is a lot of fun and has great atmosphere. The best things there are the flying scooters, bumper cars and Phoenix. I found that Twister was getting too rough to enjoy more than a couple of rides on this year. That's a shame.

The only negative things I can say about Knoebels is that the bathtroooms are pretty disgusting and the one train operation even on busy days. Old fashioned charm is one thing, but they really need to spend a few $ getting the facilities up to standard. Their quick loading times make up some for the one train operation, but there is really no reason to run one train on busy days.

The only negative things I can say about Knoebels is that the bathtroooms are pretty disgusting and the one train operation even on busy days.

I totally agree with you on the bathroom thing. I can't imagine it would cost too much money to add toilet seats, locks on doors, etc. Just a little sprucing up would really brighten up your day. Even Kristen was avoiding having to go as much as possible!

As for the one train operation though, I find Knoebels one train operation still goes faster than more parks multi train operation!

Knoebels is a lot of fun and has great atmosphere. The best things there are the flying scooters, bumper cars and Phoenix. I found that Twister was getting too rough to enjoy more than a couple of rides on this year. That's a shame.

They did a massive amount of re-tracking on Twister... I really don't get how anyone thinks it's rough but then again enthusiasts always complain about Batman the Ride, Maverick and Kumba being rough too so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

^Twister was a little rough a few years ago, but seems much better now.

^^Yes, the bathrooms at Knoebels leave much to be desired. They're like the toilets you find at particularly rustic state parks.

Knoebels is the best! We were there over the Labor Day weekend. The rides are classic and it has that home-charm feel to it. The food is fantastic. Try and catch the all you can eat fish fry.

I want to give props to the campground also. This was the 4th time we've camped there and it is really nice.

Thanks for these awesome, humorous reports. Very funny and also informative. Haven't been to Knoebels but this only makes me want to go even more! Maybe in 2015...

Any trip report with a reference to SCTV's "Monster Chiller Horror Theater" just adds an extra layer of greatness. Thanks again Chuck for another entertaining trip report.

And for those of you unacquainted with the majesty that is Count Floyd . . .

AAAh Knoebels. Thanx so much for posting those pix CFC. Although there is to much to see and do( and EAT !), any pictures cannot do this park full justice. I was looking at my park maps and on ride photos from august of this year and your pix keeps me dreaming and wanting to go back again and again.

They did a massive amount of re-tracking on Twister... I really don't get how anyone thinks it's rough but then again enthusiasts always complain about Batman the Ride, Maverick and Kumba being rough too so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

Yeah--I thought Twister was running awesome on this day, especially compared to my other visit in 2010.

Blasphemey that I might say anything negative, I know, but I thought Phoenix ran better on that visit four years ago. I just remember the airtime being a bit more extreme. Regardless, it's still a top 3 woodie for me and night time glow ERT was one of the most memorable times I've had at a park.

Excellent day at an excellent park! I'm amazed by how many people I meet from Pennsylvania who have never even heard of it.

I love Knoebels. From Fascination to Glow ERT on Phoenix and everything in between. It was a another great visit to the awesome park.

I thought you were going to get killed by an angry mob at the Fascination parlor that afternoon!

Haha, no regrets for my outbursts. When the day was over I believe Laura and I had around 200 coupons but we probably spent that much as well. Worth it.