TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot (Angola, Indiana) (SBNO)

Has anybody ever tried to buy this park? It has been closed since 2008. I don't live far from it, and it saddens me to think that a historic/rare coaster like Afterburner is rotting not far from my home.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The park operated as much for fun as for profit for the owners. When a few business closed up locally (I think their biggest group of the year was a RV construction company) in '08, they basically quit along with them. At this point, you'd be buying a couple beat up rides that haven't operated regularly in years, Afterburner, and empty cages for the tigers that ended up at a sanctuary. I've been past a few times in the years after closing and I just don't see what you're gonna do with a Bayern Kurve that has parts laying all over the ground.

Having been there recently, I can confirm that there is almost nothing left. Afterburner (which will never run again) paratrooper, calypso, bayrne curve, and maybe a handful of kiddie rides but thats it.

The kiddie coaster is now in Tulsa, OK, where I've been watching it slowly be built all spring/summer. I think they might have a ferris wheel and something else from Fun Spot as well.

It does suck to see an amusement property fade away, but there's nothing to hope for from this one in particular. Those lakes don't look like they get a whole lot of traffic, and Fort Wayne is too far away. I'm a big proponent of small, locally operated attractions, but it still comes down to location, location, location.

When I was in school in the early 90s, I stopped there on the way (to work for the summer at) Cedar Point. Fun little park, always have time for an Arrow shuttle loop! Those things are (were!) kind of intimidating. The funny thing was the little Zyclon coaster has shoulder bars. Zyclon is now at Santa's Village Azoosement park here in Illinois (Dundee) and no longer has shoulder bars (yay!)