Edwardo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow-up

4-12-05 - show

Anthony Federov

I am not a big fan but this was one of his "better" performances. He picks the oddest songs to do ("Everytime you go away").

Anwar Robinson

This guy has got great pitch, and also picks weird songs. His "Never felt this way again" came off really good, and he should be safe this week.

Bo Bice

Freebird! Come on. You are definately in the bottom 3 this week, but I am guessing that you will make it through this week.

Carrie Underwood

Interesting Choice ("Love is a Battlefield"). Carrie almost looked a little uncomfortable this week and her performance had some rare pitch problems. She will still be safe, because she has tons of fans.

Constantine Maroulis

Constantine did "Bohemian Rhapsody" this week and pulled it off pretty well. He even sang one note natural that even Freddie Mercury faked. He is most likely safe this week.

Nadia Turner

Don't even remember what song she sang. That is how forgettable the performance was. Another bottom 3 member this week.

Scott Savol

Did "She's Gone" by Hall and Oates with them sitting in the audience. Took a lot of balls. The verses sounded bad but the choruses were excellent. Right on the fringe of the bottom 3 this week.

Vonzell Solomon

Picked a good song for her voice ("Let's here it for the boy"). Had a couple small pitch problems, but I am guessing she is safe this week.

My Bottom 3

Nadia

Bo

Scott

My "Voted Off" Pick

Nadia Turner

^ I totally agree with Ted (athough, for a second, I thought Simon Cowell was posting on TPR )

I really hate to say it, because I started out really rooting for Scott but I think the whole "domestic abuse, threw the phone at the girlfriend" thing is sticking in my mind, and between that and the whole "white guy talking like a black guy" attitude he's wearing thin on me.

Shari "I like Constantine more with each passing week" Shoufler

I thought did pretty good, but he had to open his mouth one too many times. As Simon was finishing his critique, Scott popped off and said something to the effect of he had more guts that the millions of people watching because they were just sitting there watching and HE was up there doing it. I think that Simon was really baiting him to get him to say something stupid and Scott obliged.

Ted-

I really think Carrie had a cold last night. In the mini-interview, she was sniffing and she sounded stuffed up.

I still want to see the final three be Vonzell, Nadia, and Carrie. F**k the boys, all of them. It's funny how everyone was saying that the men ruled this competition in the beginning; but, now in my opinion, the only talented people up there are the females.

-kip-

Her hair is sooo amazing

Well that defines talent

In reality she did have one of the weaker voices on the show, and at this point everyone is pretty good, she just picked a HORRIBLE song

I disagree. I think she had one of the strongest, sexiest voices left on stage.

* Anwar needs to go, Mr. Stevie Wonder Meets Rastifarian Fabio!

* Scott needs to go, Mr. Drowning In My Own Fat, Phone Throwing, Girl Beater!

* Bo needs to go (and what kinda name is BO BICE?)

* Constantine has some talent, but he also needs to go because he thinks he is hot $hit and he's not.

* Anthony can stay cuz he gets hotter every week, but he really needs to be on a cruise ship singing Copa Cabana.

I swear to God, the only two I can tolerate now are Vonzell and Carrie. I think Vonzelle could sweep the competition. She has a phenomenally strong voice and she's adorably sexy. Carrie, I'm not sold on yet. It seems like EVERYONE wants her to win, and I'm kinda thinking, why?

-kip-

Nadia has talent, but I just felt like she didn't WANT to be mainstream. Somebody made the comment (maybe Elissa??) that Carrie was too country, but look at Faith Hill, Leann Rimes, even Sheryl Crowe...they've had hit songs in pop and country both in recent years. I think people forget (with all the hype, etc) that the point is finding someone who really is going to appeal to the masses once the show is long over.

Shari "next week I have a feeling it could be Scott" Shoufler

Follow-up

4-19-05 - show

Anthony Federov

Again, he chooses a crap song. Member of the bottom 3 this week. Sorry Kip.

Anwar Robinson

Performed "September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire, which happens to be one of my personal favorites. I didn't think it had quite as much vocal as the original, but he should be safe for this week.

Bo Bice

I didn't really think that "Vehicle" fit the theme, but they let him do it. Kind of a forgettable performance and it looks like the bottom 3 for Bo.

Carrie Underwood

Suprised me by selected "MacAuthur Park" by Donna Summer. Not the biggest smash by the Queen of Disco, but Carrie is pretty much untouchable at this point. Safe.

Constantine Maroulis

Did "Nights on Broadway". Not the best selection, but at this point he is untouchable. All the 13 yr olds have his number on speed dial. Safe.

Scott Savol

"Everlasting Love" was one of Scott's better performances, but at this point he is just a dead man walking. Bottom 3 again this week.

Vonzell Solomon

Picked the perfect song ("I'm every woman"), and should be safe this week. Enjoy the break from the bottom 3. You deserve it.

My Bottom 3

Anthony

Bo

Scott

My "Voted Off" Pick

Scott Savol

Oh my god. Vonzell *IS* Whitney Houston!

She's just in time to take Whitney's place, too. Whitney and her cocaine have pretty much seen its day, no?

I would have been disappointed with Carrie's performance, but she totally said in the interview (before her performance), she doesn't know how to dance and this kinda wasn't her thing.

I still want to see one of the girls win, and I'm kinda leaning towards Vonzell - she just has a flawless voice, great personality, wonderful stage presence. Her one downside, however, is exactly what Simon said one night - she's a tad forgettable, and I don't know why. But, man oh man, Carrie knows how to work those vocal cords, too.

-kip-