TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Silver Dollar City

2016: Midtown Renovation and Reimaging / White Water Addition

2017: Ice House themed Mystery-Mine Rollercoaster in place of Flooded Mine, Riverfront Playhouse, Boatworks Theater

2018: Nothing / Show Upgrade / White Water

2019: Small changes to Grand Expo area / move kiddie rides to Half Dollar Holler / White Water

2020: B&M Wingrider with station in Grand Expo and entire course in Echo Hollow area / removal of Echo Hollow

I don't see them removing Echo Hollow or Flooded Mine.

And I especially don't see a Mystery Mine-type coaster after all the issues Dollywood has had with it.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Uh...no. SDC is never removing theaters for a roller coaster. More people come to SDC for the shows than come for the coasters, and they know that very well.

I assure you, I didn't just pull that out of my A$$.

If you don't like the 5 year plan, oh well - that's what's on tap right now.

Oh, really? Wow, I'm sorry, random guy on the Internet. You must be right.

5 year plan for Dorney

2016: flat ride where hang time was. nice improvements throughout the park. Removal of Dinosaurs Alive.

2017: New coaster down by Steel Force where Dinos used to be. (Possibly newer/expanded lower midway?)

2018: nice addition to the waterpark. with other nice improvements throughout the park.

2019: probably another flat ride down by stinger, or within that area.

2020: reread 2019.

if you haven't heard, head hunters is not returning for haunt this year.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

2016: Roar of Steel

2017: 4D movie experience of some sort

2018: Justice League dark ride

2019: All new Cirque water and dolphin show

2020: Remove Kong and Boomerang, replace with a wing coaster.

Silver Dollar City

2016: Midtown Renovation and Reimaging / White Water Addition

2017: Ice House themed Mystery-Mine Rollercoaster in place of Flooded Mine, Riverfront Playhouse, Boatworks Theater

2018: Nothing / Show Upgrade / White Water

2019: Small changes to Grand Expo area / move kiddie rides to Half Dollar Holler / White Water

2020: B&M Wingrider with station in Grand Expo and entire course in Echo Hollow area / removal of Echo Hollow

I don't see them removing Echo Hollow or Flooded Mine.

And I especially don't see a Mystery Mine-type coaster after all the issues Dollywood has had with it.

Echo Hollow's land has been earmarked as expansion land for some time now. The current board feels that the land is being underutilized - not to mention the upkeep costs of the arena are sky rocketing. They finally had to break down and put in a new stage this year as the old one was rotting away.

Flooded Mine has been have bits and pieces disappear for awhile now. Instead of being fixed, they are just removing things or making them inoperable. There are currently 3 trains of boats on the back lot that have been stripped down completely. They cannibalized them for parts to try to keep the other trains of boats running. It's on its last leg and I expect that next season will be the final season for the ride.

Regarding the Mystery Mine coaster - that was just the easiest way to describe it. It will not be the same style of ride, but more like the Infinity Coasters that are being built now. Instead of a Mine theme it will be an Ice House. The station and main lift area will be where FM is currently. It will cross over the train tracks and use the land currently held by Riverfront Playhouse, the Boatworks Theater and the land that the Waterboggan used to use. I've heard the old tower might finally come down as well. The pathway that goes around the Boatworks Theater will be rerouted to go straight past the Pottery House (that is staying) to Fireman's Landing. The current curve will be removed. No word on if the store across from Pottery House will remain - I've heard both ways.

^ Uh...no. SDC is never removing theaters for a roller coaster. More people come to SDC for the shows than come for the coasters, and they know that very well.

I assure you, I didn't just pull that out of my A$$.

If you don't like the 5 year plan, oh well - that's what's on tap right now.

Oh, really? Wow, I'm sorry, random guy on the Internet. You must be right.

Apology accepted.

SFDK:

2016: Roar RMC

2017: Flat ride, possibly Flying Scooters, either in Go-Karts or Sky Coaster spot

2018: Justice League Dark Ride in old theater

2019: Flat ride, possibly something like Cliff Hanger at SCBB

2020: S&S 4D Free spin themed to Batman in Kong's spot or Monsoon Falls Spot

2021: Retheme Oasis Plaza into Gotham City, with Medusa changing to Joker, Cobra to Robin, Daredevil to Harley Quinn, and Skyscreamer to Catwoman

California's Great America

2016: Sit down trains on Vortex

2017: S&S Gale Force clone in Invertigarden

2018: New 4D movie

2019: Demon removed, Windseeker fills part of space

2020: Grizzly removed, B&M flyer fills this space and rest left by removal of Demon

Six Flags Magic Mountain

2016: complete renovation of Revolution including new trains

2017: 400 ft star flyer

2018: Justice League dark ride

2019: whatever the newest coolest flat ride is

2020: kiddie ride, water park improvements

2021: 400+ ft poler coaster takes place of observation tower, giving them 20 coasters and a new record breaker for 50 year anniversary

Since the Efteling wants 5 million visitors in 2020 this is what I believe the best path they could take:

2016: New Fairy Tale (Pinocchio). (Confirmed)

2017/2018: Darkride (Hartenhof). (semi-confirmed: The park still wants to add it that's confirmed but no date yet)

2017/2018: New camp site ( Het Loonsche Land). (Semi-confirmed: The park admitted to look for more beds and Loonsche Land is one option they look at, although they said 2017 I believe 2018 is a better choice so they could first focus on the Darkride)

2019: Expend the park borders with some flatrides. Or at least a cheap year. (Unconfirmed)

2020: A new coaster on the extra ground (B&M flyer). (Unconfirmed: Although I will always believe the best think a park can do to grab attention is a coaster)

Valleyfair

2016) 40th anniversary celebration with new Larson Flyers and refurbishment of older rides.

2017) New waterslides for Soak City along with new parking lot that replaces Excalibur.

2018) Triotech Dark Ride.

2019) B&M inverted coaster.

2020) New family/kiddie rides added to Planet Snoopy.

Probably the most accurate prediction on here yet:

2016 - Convert Vortex into a floorless coaster (40th anniversary really?)

2017 - Take out Vortex and move it to another park

2018 - Take out Flight Deck and move it to another park

2019 - Take out Gold Striker and move it to another park

2020 - Park shuts down, RIP.

I came here to post one for Michigan's Adventure, but you beat me to it!

Seriously though...

Michigan's Adventure

2016 - A new mid-size flat ride where Falling star used to be (Sreamin' Swing or Huss Frisbee.) Minor infrastructure improvements.

2017 - Create new midway by connecting a path next to WW finally. Shops, food stalls, refurbed flat, and a Disk-O ride added.

2018 - Finally get that new coaster, an Intamin Mega-Lite with a station off the new midway (track goes over water, train.)

2019 - Minor infrastructure improvements. Experiment with VR technology.

2020 - Wildwater Adventure expansion. (Including direct access entrance from the parking lot.)

These aren't so much "predictions", as they are what I think would be a sound, smart 5 year plan for the park. If I was actually going to make predictions, I'd just put "nothing" after two of the years, a random flat after one, a waterpark expansion after one, and a used coaster after one. Seriously, that's probably even optimistic...

I came here to post one for Michigan's Adventure, but you beat me to it!

Seriously though...

Michigan's Adventure

2016 - A new mid-size flat ride where Falling star used to be (Sreamin' Swing or Huss Frisbee.) Minor infrastructure improvements.

2017 - Create new midway by connecting a path next to WW finally. Shops, food stalls, refurbed flat, and a Disk-O ride added.

2018 - Finally get that new coaster, an Intamin Mega-Lite with a station off the new midway (track goes over water, train.)

2019 - Minor infrastructure improvements. Experiment with VR technology.

2020 - Wildwater Adventure expansion. (Including direct access entrance from the parking lot.)

These aren't so much "predictions", as they are what I think would be a sound, smart 5 year plan for the park. If I was actually going to make predictions, I'd just put "nothing" after two of the years, a random flat after one, a waterpark expansion after one, and a used coaster after one. Seriously, that's probably even optimistic...

Surprised no Planet Snoopy

Just like that... things change.

NEW Silver Dollar City 5 year Plan

2016: Grand Expo Upgrades (and perhaps a minor theme change) - new slide for White Water

2017: New B&M Wingrider between PowerKeg and Wildfire

2018: Show/Festival season - new slide for White Water - continued park upgrades

2019: Riverfront Upgrade (new coaster this season or 2020)

2020: New coaster unless part of Riverfront Upgrade the previous year

Flooded Mine is safe for now according to sources.

Echo Hollow is still on the cutting block - they are currently having discussions on how to better use it OR to remove it

2016: Grand Expo Upgrades (and perhaps a minor theme change) - new slide for White Water

2018: Show/Festival season - new slide for White Water - continued park upgrades

Echo Hollow is still on the cutting block - they are currently having discussions on how to better use it OR to remove it

Yeah... because they can suddenly decide within about two days that 2017 is a good year a B&M wing coaster. These rides are planned years in advance, and if you *actually* had reliable inside sources to the park, then a) you would know that, and b) you wouldn't be telling us.

That's why I, along with probably everyone else, am calling BS on every piece of this.

Yeah... because they can suddenly decide within about two days that 2017 is a good year a B&M wing coaster. These rides are planned years in advance, and if you *actually* had reliable inside sources to the park, then a) you would know that, and b) you wouldn't be telling us.

That's why I, along with probably everyone else, am calling BS on every piece of this.

Well full disclosure. The initial post was working off of month old information. The new post was based on information received today.

Yes, you are correct that these attractions (coasters) do take years to design/etc. The thing is, both have already been designed. It's not too difficult to figure out here that they flipped the two projects. The B&M originally had two different locations that it could go in (Echo Hollow or over between PowderKeg and Wildfire). I only listed one of the two options in the original post. I'm sorry, I went with the one that we were most sure would happen. My mistake.

As far as to your A/B statement. I'm a faceless poster on the internet. I'm not giving away who my sources are. The park doesn't know who I am, because I am not stupid enough to reveal who I am. AND to top it all off, I'm posting it in a thread that could be easily overlooked (it's not like this is the SDC thread). IF someone was really wanting to know "secrets" from the park, they probably aren't going to look in this thread, but here it is... the latest rumblings from back stage. Take it or leave it, I don't care either way to be honest.

I'm a faceless poster on the internet. I'm not giving away who my sources are. The park doesn't know who I am, because I am not stupid enough to reveal who I am. AND to top it all off, I'm posting it in a thread that could be easily overlooked (it's not like this is the SDC thread). IF someone was really wanting to know "secrets" from the park, they probably aren't going to look in this thread, but here it is... the latest rumblings from back stage. Take it or leave it, I don't care either way to be honest.

Surprised no Planet Snoopy

Honestly, I pondered it a while, experimented with trying to work it into the timeline, but the more I looked at things, the more a dedicated kids' area like "Planet Snoopy" feels redundant at MiA. The entire park already functions as a sort of kiddie park, with family friendly flats spread around the park, and even the larger rides not being major thrill rides (with the exception of Thunderhawk.) I was just there a week ago with my kids, which is the experience I am basing this conclusion off of as well, not some coaster enthusiast's disregard for all things not roller coasters. Now that doesn't mean they couldn't simply re-brand the small little area where Zach's Zoomer is now, but I think given the history behind that coaster, and my previously mentioned reasoning, a re-brand simply isn't necessary at MiA...

The sad truth of CGA.

• 2 months later...

SFMM:

2017: B&M Giga

2018: Drop Tower that drops you at a 180 degree angle

2019: Removal of Green Lantern

2020: B&M Hyper

2021: Clone of The Incredible Hulk themed to the flash

Busch Gardens Tampa

2017: Skyrush Clone

2018: I305 clone

2019: Bringing back Python

2020: New BBQ resturant

2021: Clamshell bars on Kumba + removal of trims on Montu.