TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

I will go first.

Cedar Point: RMC Mean Streak already! A B&M flying coaster would also fit perfectly.(2016)

Kings Island: This park has B&M Giga written all over it.(2020)

Carowinds: A well landscaped wing coaster by B&M would be a good fit for their line-up.(2020)

Kings Dominion: This park is in need of a hyper, but make it a B&M invert over 200 feet. This park is competing with alpengeist so it makes it a perfect fit.(2017)

Canadas Wonderland: They need a launched coaster. Something like Maverick, Wicked Twister, or the long shot: Strata Coaster.(2017)

Knott's Berry Farm: I can see a B&M hyper or Giga squeezing in here, but Cedar Fair will have to get creative.(2018)

Dorney Park: This park needs a GCI woodie, or any awesome wooden roller coaster. (2018)

Valleyfair!: Any B&M would match their line up (excluding hyper) but the best fit would be an invert around 150 feet. (2016)

Worlds of Fun: I can see this park getting a Tempesto clone, they need something with a launch. (2017)

California's Great America: This park needs a hyper by ANY manufacturer. (2019)

Michigan's Adventure: I expect them to get something small, but appealing to the GP. A eurofighter would be a perfect fit. (2016)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Point: B&M dive coaster, RMC conversion of Mean Streak, New GCI or highly unlikely 200ft Intamin pre-fab, and Sally dark ride all seem like likely possibilities with a great possibility of 2 or more happening by 2020. I see CP going for 20 coaster by 2020.

Kings Island: B&M Giga in 2018 or 2021 as the last 3 CF gigas have come 3 years apart i305 (2009), Leviathan(2012), Fury92015) if they wait till 2021 I see in 2018 a smaller family coaster coming.

Carowinds: Wing rider seems very likely in 2020 or 2021.

Canada's Wonderland: Either a launched intamin or a B&M wing rider would fit in perfectly.

King's Dominion: Some sort of launched ride maybe a Intamin Blitz that wouldn't feel too similar to I305 making them launched capital and would continue making the park very unique to other CF parks also I feel going with a non B&M is smart as BGW is a B&M park so the variety would be good

Knott's: rumored giga in 2018 if KI doesn't get it or some compact thrilling coaster.

Dorney: agreed a new wooden coaster seem perfect.

Valleyfair: Either a medium sized invert, wing rider, or floorless B%M would be great, any of the 3 would be good.

Worlds of Fun: Small compact some intense looping coaster would be great, being launched would just be an added bonus.

Michigan's Adventure: Small steel coaster that's still relatively thrilling.

Cedar Point: 2016 B&M Dive Coaster

Canada's Wonderland: 2016 Launched B&M Wing Rider

King's Dominion: 2017 B&M Inverter

Dorney Park: 2017 GCI Wooden Coaster

Carowinds: 2018 Launched B&M Wing Rider

Knott's Berry Farm: 2018 B&M Hypercoaster

King's Island: 2019 B&M Giga

Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun and Michigan's Adevnture might only get smaller additions......

I would love some Intamins or RMC coasters but I guess B&M is the most likely company Cedar Fair likes to work with...

Carowinds and CGA removing there vortex coasters and replacing them with wing riders (sigh )

Moving Vortex (with floorless conversions to VF and Worlds of Fun)

Cedar Point dive coaster

Kings Island water park expansions

KD removing the horrible anaconda and replacing it with a vekoma junior invert

Knotts would have to get creative on next coaster, id say Intamin hyper

CW needs a looper, dive coaster would be better then wing rider

MIA chance hyper gtx

DP nice GCI wooden coaster

Cedar Point: B&M Dive Coaster, GCI/RMC wooden, or Mean Streak Iron Horse.

Canada's Wonderland: B&M Wing Coaster or B&M Invert.

California's Great America: Vortex conversion to floorless coaster.

Carowinds: Vortex conversion to floorless coaster, or B&M Wing Coaster.

Dorney Park: GCI/RMC woodie.

Kings Island: B&M Giga Coaster.

Kings Dominion: B&M Wing Coaster or B&M Hyper Coaster.

Knott's Berry Farm: B&M Hyper or Giga Coaster.

Michigan's Adventure: Chance Hyper GT-X.

Valleyfair: Chance Hyper GT-X or B&M Invert.

Worlds of Fun: B&M Floorless or Timber Wolf Iron Horse.

Dorney can't even take care of the one wood coaster they already have. The last thing they need is another one.

Not that it matters though because I don't see Dorney getting anything other than an occasional relocated coaster. Their bread and butter is the waterpark and honestly as long as we get some good relocated rides I don't have a problem with that.

It seems like the consensus here is relatively the same across the board. As much as I do love B&M, I am also pulling for Hyper GT-X models for the lower profile Cedar Fair parks because it just seems like a great solution for maximum ROI. I don't know that I see the Vortex stand-ups going floorless, as Mantis' conversion has demonstrated it's more of a process than a simple train swap and I'd rather those coasters be sold and replaced.

B&M will continue to be the main supplier for Cedar Fair, and I hope to see more gigas and launches down the pipeline. I also hope we'll see some diversification with Chance and RMC, though I'd largely rather see new topper track woodies over conversions (or at least conversions using topper track so that the coasters remain wooden, I think this may be the fate of Mean Streak).

As far as the two Vortex coasters go, I definitely could see Carowinds converting their coaster but I think it would be unlikely for CGA to do the same. With Medusa only an hour and a half away, I just don't think CGA would generate much interest from a Vortex conversion. Carowinds, on the other hand, could promote it as the only floorless coaster in the Southeast and their Vortex is a slightly better ride as well (CGA's is shorter and rougher).

As for coaster predictions, here's my (reasonably, but not completely, realistic) guesses as for what the parks might get and when. Note that this is simply the park's next major coaster (or two for a couple), so I'm not taking into account whether a new family coaster could be added before this time.

Canada's Wonderland: B&M Wing Coaster (2016), followed by B&M Dive Coaster (2022)

Cedar Point: B&M Dive Coaster (2016), followed by RMC Mean Streak (2020)

Knott's Berry Farm: B&M Hyper (2017)

Kings Dominion: B&M Wing Coaster (2018)

Michigan's Adventure: Chance Hyper GT-X (2018)

Worlds of Fun: RMC Timber Wolf Conversion (2018)

Kings Island: B&M Giga Coaster (2019)

California's Great America: Chance Hyper GT-X (2020)

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom: GCI Woodie (2020)

Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park: GCI Family Woodie (2021)

Valleyfair: B&M Inverted Coaster (2021)

Carowinds: B&M Dive Coaster (2022)

Honestly, I don't see Cedar Fair going with anyone other than B&M for their headliner coasters in the near future. After the prototype issues the company has had, they seem to prefer tried and true for new attractions (other than dark rides) and from comments I've heard it sounds like new Intamin coasters are unlikely. I do see the potential for them working with RMC now that the technique has been established and the company is starting to have availability, but I think they'll opt for GCI when it comes to new wooden coasters instead of refurbishments.

Cedar Point: 2016 B&M Dive Machine. 2018 Iron Horse Mean Streak. 2020 Something big, 500+ maybe somehow?!?!

Canada's Wonderland: 2017 B&M Wing Coaster (Launched?)

Kings Dominion: 2018 B&M Invert

King's Island: B&M Giga 200?

Carowinds: 2019 B&M Wing Coaster

Knott's Berry Farm: B&M Hyper or Giga 2020+

California's Great America: Something smaller that is launched. Maybe a Premiere. 200?

Valleyfair: B&M Invert. 200?

Dorney Park: GCI 200?

Michigan's Adventure: Small launched coaster like Impulse. 200?

World's of Fun: GCI 200?

As far as the two Vortex coasters go, I definitely could see Carowinds converting their coaster but I think it would be unlikely for CGA to do the same. With Medusa only an hour and a half away, I just don't think CGA would generate much interest from a Vortex conversion. Carowinds, on the other hand, could promote it as the only floorless coaster in the Southeast and their Vortex is a slightly better ride as well (CGA's is shorter and rougher).

Very good points on the coasters Vortex. ^I also hope CP has a few things up their sleeves before 2020 after having lain dormant for so long between Maverick and Gatekeeper.

I don't think...I know...

The chain really does care more about sentimental value than a lot of us think...you see ghost rider is still standing right? Didn't Knotts just have two of their oldest rides refurbished?

If the Rougarou conversion goes well, they've already identified two other coasters that could undergo similar conversions. (Source: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2014/11/heard-on-cedar-fair-3q14-earnings.html). With that said, I would expect CGA's Stand-Up and Carowinds as well. With Mantis being converted and SkyRider disappearing at CW, I think the chain is moving away from Stand-Ups in favor of a more comfortable riding experience AND better capacity.

If a coaster isn't getting much ridership, it doesn't matter if its sentimental value or not. Ouimet made that clear! Sometimes you have to let go/honor the past to build for the future (that wasn't the direct quote but it was something along those lines). I would not be surprised if Vortex eventually became a floorless coaster. Personally I would prefer Vortex at Carowinds NOT make the conversion....it's actually a rideable standup that is rather enjoyable! But, who knows what the future holds. I just wouldn't be surprised to see it go that way.

I have read that...I have also talked to folks at park level, they are not interested in the conversion because vortex, at carowinds, is still pretty popular and garners a line and its such a small coaster it wouldn't see much profit or marketable value. Basically, the conversion could probably cost more than the coaster is worth right now.

As for coaster predictions, here's my (reasonably, but not completely, realistic) guesses as for what the parks might get and when. Note that this is simply the park's next major coaster (or two for a couple), so I'm not taking into account whether a new family coaster could be added before this time.

Canada's Wonderland: B&M Wing Coaster (2016), followed by B&M Dive Coaster (2022)

Cedar Point: B&M Dive Coaster (2016), followed by RMC Mean Streak (2020)

Knott's Berry Farm: B&M Hyper (2017)

Kings Dominion: B&M Wing Coaster (2018)

Michigan's Adventure: Chance Hyper GT-X (2018)

Worlds of Fun: RMC Timber Wolf Conversion (2018)

Kings Island: B&M Giga Coaster (2019)

California's Great America: Chance Hyper GT-X (2020)

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom: GCI Woodie (2020)

Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park: GCI Family Woodie (2021)

Valleyfair: B&M Inverted Coaster (2021)

Carowinds: B&M Dive Coaster (2022)

Honestly, I don't see Cedar Fair going with anyone other than B&M for their headliner coasters in the near future. After the prototype issues the company has had, they seem to prefer tried and true for new attractions (other than dark rides) and from comments I've heard it sounds like new Intamin coasters are unlikely. I do see the potential for them working with RMC now that the technique has been established and the company is starting to have availability, but I think they'll opt for GCI when it comes to new wooden coasters instead of refurbishments.

I'm not kidding when I say that I hope you're a betting man. I see quite a bit of "JACKPOT" coming your way in the near future.

Yay! Glad to see my first forum picked up. One thing to add to those debating about the vortex coasters. I would like to know if Shockwave at kings dominion could have a conversion or if there is a reason it couldn't. (Maybe cause it is short and maybe just should be demolished.)

Yay! Glad to see my first forum picked up. One thing to add to those debating about the vortex coasters. I would like to know if Shockwave at kings dominion could have a conversion or if there is a reason it couldn't. (Maybe cause it is short and maybe just should be demolished.)

Shockwave at Kings Dominion is a Togo standup, not a B&M. Togo went out of business quite a while ago, and even if they were still around, I'm not sure if they'd be able to develop floorless trains. Since Canada's Wonderland removed SkyRider, I could see Kings Dominion scrapping Shockwave sometime in the next 5 years.

2016 a full size B&M inverted coaster for Valleyfair. Maybe first of its kind a B&M launch coaster going out of the station then into a 150 foot vertical loop then into a cobra roll with a strong helix at the end or a 200 foot B&M dive coaster with four inversions.

I'm going outside of it all and not just posting coaster predictions. Here's my prediction chain wide for 2016. As more clues or signs arise, these will very well change. Just a thought out opinion is all due to the fact that not much in the way of anything is known for 2016 yet.

-Cedar Point/Soak City: Record Breaking Bolliger & Mabillard Dive Machine.

-Canada's Wonderland: Bolliger & Mabillard Wing Coaster. Thinking "Ziz" will round out the trifecta of Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz.

-Carowinds: Water Park Expansion (re-branding to Soak City) and Potential Conversion of Vortex (still keeping an open mind about that though I hope differently). If that conversion doesn't happen, I see something being added to the dry side too. Maybe a new flume or a flat ride of some sort.

-Knott's Berry Farm/Knott's Soak City: 2016 seems like it'll be an odd-year in SoCal. I may actually think either nothing or maybe a flat ride of some sort. Maybe that waterpark expansion that has been tossed around for years.

-California's Great America: Boomerang Bay waterslide additions. Not a rebranding yet. Maybe a flat.

-Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom: Flat Ride to help fill the void left from Hangtime's departure.

-Gilroy Gardens: Yeah....

-King's Dominion: I have no reasonable guess at this moment

-Kings Island: A flat ride?

-Michigan's Adventure: Chance Hyper GTX or the 210 foot tall Chance Hyper that was planned way back in the day. I could see the Back 40 becoming Planet Snoopy as well with rides being rethemed and some new ones as well.

-Valleyfair: No clue but I don't expect it to be a lay-low and just general improvements kind of year.

-World's of Fun: No clue why, but I have a feeling that this will be the next park to get a Dark Ride.

I also see SlingShots being added to many of the parks. Not too expensive of additions and get a good return on ROI.

My two cents:

Cedar Point: I can see a B&M Dive Machine. Would LOVE to see Mean Streak get the RMC treatment in some capacity, whether it be the Topper track or I-Box. (UPDATE 11/24/2016: It happened on BOTH fronts! We got Valravn as the B&M Dive Machine and also it looks like Mean Streak is getting the RMC treatment as it closed this year and I-Box track has been spotted near it!)

Kings Island: I'm also gonna say B&M Giga. Or even an Intamin Giga as well.

Kings Dominion: B&M Wing Coaster would fit fine here.

Carowinds: Also a B&M Wing Rider.

California's Great America: I'm not gonna go the Hyper route for this park and instead go for a B&M floorless conversion of Vortex. (UPDATE 11/24/2016: Another prediction coming true! Vortex IS getting that conversion to a floorless and renamed Patriot!)

Canada's Wonderland: I see an Intamin Maverick-type coaster for here, especially after losing Skyrider. Also a B&M Wing Rider.

Valleyfair: One thing comes to mind for this one, although I don't think it'll happen: B&M Inverted!

Dorney Park: I see a GCI wooden coaster being put here as well.

Knott's Berry Farm: Would like to see a B&M Hyper, though it would be a tight squeeze. Also, RMC should slap some Topper track on GhostRider. (UPDATE 11/24/2016: Well GhostRider did get refurbished, but not by RMC. GCI did the refurbishment and switched out the original PTC trains to Millennium Flyers.)

Worlds of Fun: A B&M Floorless would work here.

Gilroy Gardens: A family wooden twister from The Gravity Group/Martin & Vleminckx.

And last but by no means least, my home park;

Michigan's Adventure: Where do I start? I mentioned this on another thread, but would like to see an Eurofighter come here, or an S&S El Loco. I can also see a Chance Hyper GTX in the future as well.

Edited by HowieP

I'm going to stick with the Cedar Fair parks closest to me.

Cedar Point: In the next five years, I predict Mean Streak getting RMC'd, with yellow I-Box track! In the recently cleared land, I could see a twisty GCI.

Kings Island: A new dark ride like Iron Reef and Wonder Mountain (in the former Crypt Spot).

Michigan's Adventure: Dive Coaster

Canada's Wonderland: Gravity Group wooden shuttle coaster.