TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Expectations for Darien Lake

2015: Nothing but 1 painted building

2016: Removal of Ranger and new Circus show

2017: Park teases a new coaster but puts in a new family area

2018: Ride of Steel removed due to poor maintenance. Rest of coasters run 0 trains.

2019: Auction of everything fun.

Realistic right? Thanks CNL for truly caring.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic Kingdom:

2015 - Anna & Elsa Dueling Premier Launched Coasters (Mr. Freeze layout, duh!)

2016 - AquaTrax in the Rivers of America

2017 - Castle Projection show that fires basketballs out into the crowd

2018 - B&M Hyper Coaster themed to Brave Little Toaster

Disney, please consider all of these.

Kings Island

2015: A long awaited Coney Mall revitalization. Shake Rattle and Roll is refurbished with a new lighting package. Racer repainted and re tracked to its original 1972 colors. New Larson Flyers added right where Flying Eagles(Relocated In Peace ) was. Vortex completely repainted with the same colors.

2016: New food options and Live Shows. Soak City Waterpark gets an expansion with new slides. More Trees added by the Bat and Banshee and especially needed in Soak City. Clearing of Trees by Firehawk. I wonder what is being added?

2017: With Kings Islands year long 45th Anniversary Celebration(similar to Kings Dominions celebration) Kings Islands largest investment in its 45 year history with a 332 foot B&M Giga Coaster is added in X-BASE. X-BASE is expanded behind Firehawk with a bathroom(no bathroom in the area currently), restaurants and a couple of flats.A Sky-ride is added from Oktoberfest to Planet Snoopy

2018:The Crypt building is torn down with a couple of flats added in its place. Where Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular used to be 2 new flats. Tower Gardens is removed at the end of the season. Rivertown gets more trees replanted in the area especially around Diamondback. Planet Snoopy gets more kiddie rides.

2019: A 10 million dollar expansion of Oktoberfest into the area that used to house Tower Gardens with new flat rides and a small wild mouse. Timber Wolf Amphitheater is removed at the end of the year. Adventure Express rehabbed with fog effects in the turns and theming refurbished.

2020: Action Zone Expansion into the area that had Timberwolf. Drop Dower and Invertigo are repainted. New flat rides. A Wing Coaster similar to GateKeeper added. Front Gate gets a rehab. International Restaurant brought up to code and reopened. The Wing Coaster swings over the Front Plaza(not the gate).

Edited by stashua123

Hersheypark

2015 Land expansion and whatever is coming to Midway America.

2016 A new B&M, either a flyer or a 4D coaster.

2017 A river rapids ride and a Star Flyer.

2018 A drop tower that is about 250 to 300 feet tall.

2019 Removal of Sidewinder and have it replaced by a Giant Inverted Boomerang.

SFOG 5-year plan:

2015: General ride improvements and staff training, including shock collars that zap them if they take too long to dispatch a train, deny a ride to a child who is tall enough, etc.

2016: People are just gonna get tired of Mindbender, because it's old and stuff, so why not get rid of it and build a custom terrain Volare? It can be Nightwing themed. Talk about new and fresh!

2017: Take the floors off of the trains on Scorcher, but leave the standing restraints and bicycle seats. Also make a soundtrack similar to It's a Small World for Monster Mansion. While I'm at it, I think a facelift of Monster Mansion would be nice. And make the ride last for two hours.

2018: Take out Batman and Superman. Replace Batman with two Boomerang coasters facing opposite directions, call them Batman and Robin (yes, I know Nightwing and Robin are the same hero, but the GP won't know). Replace Superman with a dueling AquaTrax themed to AquaMan (since it's so close to the water park).

2019: Goliath is gonna be really old at this point (13 years!), so get rid of it and replace it with a S&S free fly. The GP will be astounded at the amazing capacity of this ride, and will also fall out of the ride because they're Americans, therefore they are above park rules.

2020: Take out GASM, replace with a 6000 foot long Roller Skater. Get rid of Dare Devil Dive, replace with an Intamin First Gen Drop Tower (like what was there originally). Add a 60 mph launch to Dahlonega Mine Train, but keep the original layout, because it's a classic Arrow.

I think that covers it. I think all of these will be major improvements to the park, and will boost attendance and profits by 500%.

SFGAm

2015 - Make all of the measuring rules different heights at every ride, and let people b**** about one bad ride op team.

2016 - Great American Sky Screamer

2017-2019 - bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks

2020-ish or maybe never because this is the least likely one that's been posted here - People learn to suck it up and realize that the park isn't half bad and they've been overly sensitized to customer service in theme parks, when people deal with it all the time and don't complain

People learn to suck it up and realize that the park isn't half bad and they've been overly sensitized to customer service in theme parks, when people deal with it all the time and don't complain

When a company (any company) has proven that they can do a better job based on the past, patrons have a right to complain.

While SeaWorld San Diego and Legoland are my "home" parks, I tend to find myself at Disneyland more than the other two. So I'll shoe-horn that in too.

SeaWorld San Diego:

2015- Quell this Blackfish nonsense (if not settled by now), pull back attendance through publicizing rescue, conservation and rehabilitation efforts, renovate Wild Arctic/Penguin Encounter area, lower admission by $10 to entice more visitors

2016- Unveil rumored expansion (that ISN'T that Antarctica... thing), re-imagine or pull out Pets Rule! show, give Shark Encounter some much needed TLC, add in water ride around Sesame Street Bay of Play (maybe a Zamperla Watermania or Mack Boat Ride)

2017- Renovate Shipwreck Rapids, replace faulty Skytower with Mäch Tower-equivalent, re-dedicate old Clydesdale building to highlight conservation/rehabilitation efforts, start taking Aquatica seriously and add punchbowl slide that goes through a shark tank (call it Sharknado: Slippery When Wet)

2018- Bring back the eels, add in relevant jokes to Sea Lions LIVE, replace two or three of the dozen expensive pearl shops with booths that sell sunscreen, towels, bottled water and the like, get zoning permits to expand in the vacant lot east

2019- Begin construction on B&M Wingrider (like Wild Eagle or Gatekeeper) themed to pelicans or an albatross or seagull, set-up programs with local businesses to give guests experiences snorkeling, paddle-boarding, tide pools with a SeaWorld flair, add in water coaster to Aquatica, establish a shuttle bus between SeaWorld and Aquatica

Legoland California Resort:

2015- Update Fun Town with a LEGO Movie vibe, make open-air venue for more live performances, update washed-out models in Miniland

2016- Add in eels to SeaLife Aquarium (call it Electric Avenue and have that corny song play on a loop), bring back Raptor Splash game and relocate it to Pirate Shores or that Chima thing, give the Legoland Hotel direct access to the park (maybe an entrance in the Imagination Zone)

2017- Add in pillory photo-op to Caste Hill and iron maiden photo-op to Land of Adventure, add in half-pipe slide to Legoland Water Park, update Imagination Zone with new-gen game demos and maybe some Star Wars hype (you KNOW they're gonna cash in on that)

2018- NEW RIDE, A COASTER, THAT LOOPS, OR SOMETHING, IDK, SOMETHING I CAN SQUEEZE MY BUTT INTO

2019- Add in LEGO Movie-themed motion simulator that puts you in Benny's SPACESHIP!, add in a LEGO Movie Miniland, update models around the entrance, start slowly taking over Carlsbad...

Disneyland Resort:

2015- Re-theme Pacific Wharf to San Fransokyo to celebrate Big Hero 6 (with huggable Baymax character), replace Mad T Party with j-pop themed rave, BIG event for Star Wars: Episode VII release, begin teasing of a "third gate"

2016- Add in voice that screams at you when you dump your crap on the sets in Peter Pan's Flight, re-do queue for Haunted Mansion, re-track old Rocket Rods track for possible Marvel- or Tron-themed e-ticket ride, add Dr. Facilier's parlor to New Orleans Square

2017- Bring back Oswald the Lucky Rabbit with style; new, crazy dark ride for Mickey's Toontown, feature Oswald shorts in Main Street Cinema, Oswald character meet-n-greet, sale on Oswald merchandise, dedicate the year to him

2018- Unveil plans for a 3rd gate themed to Marvel, Lucasfilm properties, or both; scare the crap out of Universal Studios Hollywood, rework Enchanted Tiki Room show with content celebrating Moana, replace Carousel of Progress with Wall-E interactive show

2019- Make the 1st ever vertical-launch flying coaster in Condor Flats (themed to The Rocketeer), add in Wreck-It Ralph dark ride in DCA, add in fireworks show that spans both parks, go for broke and lower ticket prices by $1

People learn to suck it up and realize that the park isn't half bad and they've been overly sensitized to customer service in theme parks, when people deal with it all the time and don't complain

When a company (any company) has proven that they can do a better job based on the past, patrons have a right to complain.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain, but threatening to boycott a company that's proven to provide some of the best coasters in the industry is just a tad out there.

Epcot:

2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it with a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."

2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.

2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.

2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.

2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.

2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey

Its really a shame how nobody is appreciating how great this response is.

It's because planning out a parks 6-year plan is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain, but threatening to boycott a company that's proven to provide some of the best coasters in the industry is just a tad out there.

Please clarify your comment. Double negatives do not make for coherent writing.

Are you saying?

It is not okay to complain and not okay to boycott.

or

It is okay to complain but not okay to boycott.

2015 - Make all of the measuring rules different heights at every ride, and let people b**** about one bad ride op team.

Wow, this comment is going to go over REALLY WELL with the admins of this site.

Edited by robbalvey

GAdv:

2015- Batman backwards, general maitenance and infrastructure updates

2016- Publicly apologize for the the Dark Knight coaster, remove the Dark Knight coaster

2017- Re-open Old Country, anchor it with a new dueling GCI woodie

2018- Build a brand-new coaster within Skull Mountain

2019- Intamin mega-lite/giga on the old safari land behind Ka

2020- Declare bankruptcy

Dorney Park (I've decided that Dorney is close enough to be considered my second "home park" even if it is an hour and a half away)

2015- Remove Dinosaurs Alive, start surveying that chunk of land

2016- New wooden coaster on the old Dinosaurs land

2017- Replace Dominator with a new Intamin gyro drop

2018- Some sort of interactive dark ride

2019- Replace Steel Force with a new B&M hyper or Intamin giga in same footprint

2020- Upgrades to water park

Edited by Genx24

To be realistic, no park really makes a five-year plan for each year, but instead create a plan for certain rides and say this is what we WANT to do at the park within five years.

My 5 year plan for Lagoon is actually looked at as realistic, except for two ideas. Most of what I have on the plan has been AT LEAST looked at to be added to Lagoon before. The two I made up were the Opera House restaurant and the Sky Scream/Superman clone.

DLR

-2015: Some parade or something for the 60th. Fanboys hate it.

-2016: Tomorrowland Tron-ish make-over announced. Fanboys hate it.

-2017: Cosmetic touches. Fanboys mourn the loss of a cart where Walt bought popcorn.

-2018: Nothing. Fanboys hate it.

-2019: Third gate announced, so nothing for 2019. Fanboys commit mass suicide.

Note: I'm only referring to a small group of the fanboys. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

Some of these ideas of mine may be a stretch, but hey, one can dream, can't he?

CGA:

2015 - Use Kidzville as an expansion for Planet Snoopy to accompany with the Peanuts 65th anniversary and the release of the new upcoming movie

2016 - 40th anniversary of the park, new shows, new film in the Action Theater, new flat ride, maybe a new hyper coaster in the Invertigarden and Tidal Wave/Greased Lightnin' area.

2017 - Remove Vortex, add a floor drop waterslide to Boomerang Bay

2018 - Renovate and reopen the Action Theater's unused side and show two new films, build new B&M floorless coaster in Vortex's spot

2019 - Remove Thunder Raceway and replace with a Slingshot attraction

2020 - Use the Pictorium/Imax building for a new dark ride

SCBB:

2015 - Refurbish some of the restaurants

2016 - Give the Cave Train a bit of an overhaul (last time I went, the ride seemed to be lacking)

2017 - 110th aniversary, replace Fright Walk with a new classic-style funhouse, remove Sea Serpent and replace with a larger family coaster

2018 - Give Ghostblasters an upgrade (sort of in the style of Ghostblasters II)

2019 - New flat rides

2020 - Probably remove one of the old flat rides

2024 (extra) - Giant Dipper's 100th anniversary, probably replace the Morgan trains with GCI Millennium Flyer trains

Robb threatened to boycott Six Flags? I thought he just got angry at them - quite reasonable, considering how many hoops they had to jump through to get KidTums measured after the ride ops measured her improperly.

Personally, I think boycotting SF is a bit much. I mean, I understand that the operations are hit-or-miss and frequently bad, and customer service is atrocious when you need it quickly, but it would involve cutting yourself off from what are some great parks (that may be run horribly, but still have some pretty dang nice rides.)

Let me think... 5 year plan for CP... now, let's ignore the whole Rougarou/Mantis thing... OR NOPE!

Let me base this on 2 things - A - 2015 rumors, and B: Fun TVs which say that the park will not be getting a thrill ride, coaster, or family ride in 2017. I don't see why they would lie, but I don't see why they'd do that... This is also a combination of my semi-pipe dreams, of course. So if I had SIGNIFICANT influence over the park's plans, but what we know has to be put in place (2017 exclusions and 2015 thrills,) here is what I'd do. We assume CF wants to work with B&M and GCI for coasters, but is eagerly looking at RMC as its coasters become successful and will begin to open up to Intamin as the decade closes.

CP:

2015-New thrill flat and/or redone coaster, such as Rougarou (rebranded, possibly renovated Mantis.) I am making this off of 2015 rumors and the fact that McClure said this will be a thrill-oriented ride.

2016 - Iron Streak (RMC Mean Streak.) Eden Musee building is dismantled to but a new queue line area in the infield of Iron Streak. The "boneyard" where extra Gemini vehicles, etc. are stored is moved elsewhere. If possible (construction cranes might be difficult to get near here),old-style (Space Spiral-like, but modern and less maintenance-heavy) observation tower in the infield of Iron Streak.

2017 - Family-oriented plans, similar to 2014, but not quite as huge. Maybe 1 or 2 smaller flats. Maybe a dark ride. This could be switched with 2018.

2018 - Year for minor park improvements or small flats. Could be switched with 2017.

2019 - Dark ride in the old Picnic Pavillion area or pirate ride area.

2020 - CP turns 150. I think this would be the perfect occasion to install a coaster based on the famous Cedar Point Cyclone of long ago. GCI could provide this. Maybe, just maybe, we could have another company, maybe get Intamin to make its triumphant return to Cedar Fair or have RMC build a topper track woodie with a more traditional feel (yes, I know that Mean Streak would already have been transformed by RMC, but I can dream.) With Iron Streak, CP would have Blue Streak as its only woodie for several years. As for location, the "new Cyclone" couldn't really go on the beach. Assuming the pirate ride building was used in 2019, the picnic pavillion is a viable place (although one would have to take care to make the coaster very visually distinct from its neighbor, Blue Streak.) If an area near the front of the park or a beach is not needed, CCMR could be demolished for this.

During these years. CP should do research into less strict height restrictions, starting with "moderate-level" coasters. Iron Dragon could go with a 42" restrction, as could CCMR if it got new restraints. Blue Streak may or may not be able to go to 44"-46".

It's getting late (or early, I mean.) I might provide my KI 5-year plan, but I have to get to bed.

Lake Compounce:

2015 (not part of plan; confirmed by the park) - Wildcat gets new trains.

2016 - Wildcat retracking finished, new paint job

2017 - Padded RMC trains for Boulder Dash (there was a rumor about this)

2018 - More Crocodile Cove expansion.

2019 - Lake Compounce buys Cyclone's trim brakes, puts them in the Haunted Graveyard as "coaster traps" (I couldn't think of anything else to put).

2020 - Zoomerang removed to make way for an all-steel RMC coaster, most likely called "Zoomer".

SFSTL

2015: Boss gets Iron Horse treatment, complete with 11 inversions and 37 airtime hills. It is named New Iron Boss: Steel Coaster.

2016: New B&M giga coaster. It is named "Goliath" (because SFSTL doesn't have a ride named Goliath yet).

2017: Add seatbelts to Goliath because it is unsafe without seatbelts.

2018: Backwards Bonanza! Pandemonium, Boomerang, and the Log Flume all go backwards!

2019: Boomerang 2.0! Screamin' Eagle is removed so that an additional Boomerang ride can be added. The coasters duel for one season, before they close one side for good since neither are that popular.

2020: The Revenge of the Log Flume! The floors of the logs are removed for ultimate wetness, plus the logs are reversed so that you never know when your feet will be banged up next!

Mer's plan for Carowinds, because he has never been to any other park:

He will skip 2015 since we know what is coming.

2016: small improvements such as new bathrooms

2017: remove Dinosaurs Alive!

2018: Boomerang Bay expansion under Thunder Roac

2019: dark ride in Action Theater and remodel of County Fair

2020: clone of White Lightnin' between Cyclone and Boomerang Bay