TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Carowinds-

2015- Fury 325 B&M giga coaster, revamped parking lot and entrance, new flat, Thunder Road's last two hills re-tracked.

2016- Upgrades to infrastructure, new flat, Hurler's two other major turns re-tracked, new slides in water park.

2017- Construction begins on Carowinds hotel, Carolina Cyclone demolished, new slides in water park.

2018- New B&M launched wingrider in place of Cyclone, Hotel completed.

2019- New flat, new restaurants and infrastructure upgrades.

2020- Drop Tower demolished and replaced with Intamin gyro-drop (Or other model) over 330 feet high. (As Carowinds' Drop Tower is quite outdated.

Edited by TheDark8

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carowinds-

2015- Fury 325 B&M giga coaster, revamped parking lot and entrance, new flat, Thunder Road's last two hills re-tracked.

2016- Upgrades to infrastructure, new flat, Hurler's two other major turns re-tracked.

2017- Construction begins on Carowinds hotel, Carolina Cyclone demolished.

2020- Drop Tower demolished and replaced with Intamin gyro-drop over 330 feet high.

What no Waterpark Expansion?

Carowinds-

2016- Upgrades to infrastructure, new flat, Hurler's two other major turns re-tracked.

2020- Drop Tower demolished and replaced with Intamin gyro-drop over 330 feet high.

I shall edit that in.

Carowinds-

I shall edit that in.

Why have an expansion? Just build a whole new water park! Hell, build THREE of them! I mean, if you're gonna have a hotel and an Intamin Gyro Drop you can probably have three water parks! Maybe four!

Carowinds-

I shall edit that in.

Why have an expansion? Just build a whole new water park! Hell, build THREE of them! I mean, if you're gonna have a hotel and an Intamin Gyro Drop you can probably have three water parks! Maybe four!

Not really an expansion, more like upgrades, new slides, etc. I'm sure we would all love for there to be four water parks at Carowinds but y'know, Cedar Fair just doesn't listen to us.

Epcot:

2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it will a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."

2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.

2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.

2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.

2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.

2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey

Its really a shame how nobody is appreciating how great this response is.

Lagoon

2015 - 200 ft. coaster featuring a beyond-vertical drop and 3 inversions named Cannibal.

2016-Two new kiddie rides. A Zamperla Jump Around and Happy Swing. Spider is announced to be sold at a different park.

2017-Spider returns with an all-new layout bigger than the previous Spider.

2018-Opera House square and Opera House closed to open the first sit-in restaurant at Lagoon with Subway moved to expand the Coca-Cola Plaza.

2019-Zamperla Giant Discovery

2020-Sky Scream/Superman clone.

Knotts

2015- Dark ride in the KOD building. Finish painting Xcelerator. Add shade to Xcelerator and Sierra Sidewinder queues.

2016- Giga/Hyper Coaster.

2017- Remove Screamin Swing and replace it with a park model Ferris Wheel. Remove the carnival Ferris Wheel in Camp Snoopy and replace it with a children's flat ride.

2018- Completely re-track GhostRider for its 20th anniversary. New flat ride in the Windseeker location.

2019- Remove Rip Tide and Boomerang and replace it with another dark ride.

Its really a shame how nobody is appreciating how great this response is.

LOL-actually, that one just made me nearly choke on the soda I was trying to drink-hardest I have laughed in a while.

Whatever five year plans are in place for my two home parks (SFOG and Dollywood, and if you want to add the closest Cedar Fair park, Carowinds) are already set. I can tell you that I would realistically predict the following in the next three years based on what few rumors I have heard:

SFOG:

2015: Probably nothing, although a new ride would be nice. I would be happy if they just painted Goliath and worked with B&M to get rid of the rattles that seem to be happening on one of the trains.

2016: Waterpark Expansion, maybe a smaller coaster

2017: New coaster

(I'd personally love to see Ninja depart for a floorless or an X-Flight Clone, and/or see Cyclone get Iron Horsed.)

Dollywood:

2015: Nothing for the park, Hotel opens, Splash Country might get something

2016: Major new ride, my guess (and hope for) is a custom RMC like Outlaw Run

2017: Expansion into train loop begins, family attraction or nothing

Carowinds:

2015: B&M Giga Coaster, New Front Gate, New Toll Booths

2016: Waterpark expansion, Hotel added

2017: Family ride or flat ride (I think they need a log flume but who knows)?

I could say how much I would love to see X2 cloned at SFOG, or a new coaster every other year but realistically, I don't see those happening. I do know that they are investing a lot at these three parks over the next few years, but I would rather see them do intelligent and well thought out investments with a good ROI than something that will create what happened with Six Flags a few years back.

SFGAdv -

2015 - 250 foot dueling RMC woodies with a High Five element, also launch the "War on Weeds" to clear all queue line of weeds

2016 - Increase the live entertainment offerings by bringing back the Perthy P Pelican puppet show, building a Shoot the Freak arcade and use the Lakefront stadium for a diving show with line cutters rounded up to participate by diving into a live shark tank

2017 - Reduce season pass prices to $20.17, this will include parking. We'll show the competitors how to pack the park

2018 - Oh shoot they haven't built a new steel coaster in years. Play catch up by building a Launched Wing Rider, whatever 4D ride S&S is selling, an traditional full circuit 500 foot Intamin that resembles i-305, and a Intamin Mega-lite, just because they broke attendance records last year.

2019 - To commemorate the 35th anniversary of the tragic fire bring back the Haunted Mansion, also to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the "War on Lines" but add 2 dozen flat rides this time.

Six Flags Great America:

2015: Sky Screamer Swing Ride- - -where Rajun' Cajun was located.

2016: Removal of Pictorium - - -Expansion of waterpark. New 'launched' watercoaster, couple of body slides. This will also be the 40th anniversary of the park, so a new coaster is not out of the question.

2017: Crickets...... or maybe a new show....

2018: Removal of ampitheather in Southwest Territory, installation of Mine Train. Why are we a Six Flags park without a Mine Train? I want a mine train....just make it a good one!

2019: It is going to happen like it or not.....this will be the year Whizzer or Demon will be removed....to be replaced by what, I don't know....just think it's going to happen.

Cedar Point

2015 - Rework Mantis into a floorless, which is the big rumor right now.

2016 - New dark ride in the old Pirate Ride building since the Blue Streak area is probably the deadest in the park. Remove the Turnpike ride at the end of the season and relocate the Calypso.

2017 - Build new Gerstlauer spinning coaster in Turnpike's spot. A refurbished Calypso is relocated where the 3-Point challenge is across from Wicked Twister (old Chaos spot).

2018 - General improvements throughout the park. Mean Streak takes it's final rides in in the current set up in August to begin RMC makeover.

2019 - New Mean Streak opens.

Waldameer

2015 - New wave pool opens in current Peninsula Drive parking lot.

2016 - A rainfortress with large tipping bucket opens next to new wave pool.

2017 - General improvements including a new food court in the old Carousel pavilion behind the Music Express

2018 - A Zamperla Air Race opens by Steel Dragon

2019 - A Gerstlauer Euro-fighter with lap bars opens behind Mega Vortex in part of the forested picnic area. New picnic facilities are built to replace what was lost in the Euro-fighter construction.

ts really a shame how nobody is appreciating how great this response is.

I agree 100%. The responses in this thread have been ridiculous and this post did a great job mocking them before they were even made.

Anyway here is my COMPLETELY REALISTIC 5 year plan for Six Flags New England. This isn't what I want them to do, just what I think they'll probably do.

2015 - Iron Cyclone as it's pretty much confirmed. Removal of New England Skyway for no reason claiming it was in the way of Iron Cyclone. Both stations to remain unused as complete eyesores for the park.

2016 - Houdini is removed from the park map and closes forever, building is left empty except for the crappy haunt maze. Since Six Flags has decided everyone needs something new every year they'll turn the trains backwards on something for a few months so they don't actually have to spend any money on a new ride... probably Thunderbolt.

2017 - Kontiki closes, that path is blocked off with an ugly fence. Bathrooms back there close with no regard for how long of a walk it is between bathrooms now. Some dumb waterpark addition nobody cares about like a children's play area. Thomas town is removed from the park map and fenced off.

2018 - Thomas Town is cheaply re-branded so it can be passed off as the new addition for 2018. Buzzsaw closes, is replaced with nothing except a stupid potted plant at the front of the queue. Enthusiasts stupidly assume that "something will go in Buzzsaw's old pad next year". Nothing is ever put on Buzzsaw's old pad.

2019 - Six Flags forgets to water the plant at the front of the Buzzsaw queue so it shrivels up and dies. Eventually it's replaced with dirt and used as a giant ashtray. Iron Cyclone gets new crappy restraints as an overreaction to an accident that happened on a totally different kind of ride overseas. I'm thinking really uncomfortable shin guards and a oversized lap bar. Enthusiasts whine and cry like they didn't see this coming from SFNE. Bizarro is painted red and re named Superman but they don't do anything else to it to make it any better. They just had to paint it anyway and figured they might sell more crap that way. This is passed off as the new addition for 2019 along with a new waterslide nobody cares about.

What does everyone think?

Michigan's Adventure:

2015: SOMETHING PLEASE, A DROP TOWER, ROLLER COASTER, ANYTHING!!!!!

2016: Water Park related? (Maybe trap-door slide?)

2017: Year Off.

2018: Rip-off attraction.

2019: Kiddie Coaster.

2020: Another waterpark related attraction.

2016 - Houdini is removed from the park map and closes forever, building is left empty except for the crappy haunt maze. Since Six Flags has decided everyone needs something new every year they'll turn the trains backwards on something for a few months so they don't actually have to spend any money on a new ride... probably Thunderbolt.

I just thought of something horrifying. Mind Eraser has had declining ridership. Imagine if they try and run that one backwards. I shudder at the amount of pain and nausea that would cause.

Valleyfair

2015- Burn the water park and replace it with the worlds tallest woodie, designed by GCI

2016- Burn Dinosaurs Alive and replace it with a dueling coaster. Wing coaster dueling an invert.

2017- Burn the amphitheater and bring Chaos back. Add 47 Trash Cans.

2018- Burn Flying Cloud Airport, put in a strata-coaster.

2019- Burn Looping Starship, put Giant Frisbee in it's place. RMC Excalibur, Add an entire new RMC wooden with inversions.

Edited by GCI Wooden

SFNE:

2015: Iron Cyclone. Last car on Bizarro is turned around backwards for no reason. Skyway closes.

2016: Retheming Bizarro to SROS, mainly because the backwards car idea was stupid.

2017: Backwards Batman. All flats except Scrambler are removed.

2018: Launch coaster in place of Flashback. Scrambler is removed for no apparent reason. Mind Eraser is demolished unexpectedly in what the park amusingly calls an "act of God".

2019: Park spontaneously explodes.

To be fair, it's less ridiculous than a lot of stuff on here...

Thorpe Park:

2015: Entire park to be relandscaped to provide more seating and greenery, general tidy up and refresh of the theming as a whole

2016: Colossus to be completely overhauled, refurbished and equipped with new, more comfortable trains

2017: X to be replaced with more modern, thrilling hardware. Possibly a Premier Rides LSM launched ride.

2018: General refurbishment of all rides

2019: New headline attraction.

Chessington:

2015: New roller coaster, possibly an Intamin Juvelen clone.

2016: Bubbleworks to be renamed back to Professor Burp's Bubble Works, and the ride to be totally reset to how it was before the Cussons sponsorship. At the same time, Vampire should be refreshed and refurbished to smarten it up.

2017: Nothing

2018: Nothing

2019: Nothing