TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

No more Zac Spin coasters?

It'll be 4 years since a us park has installed a Zac Spin coaster (doesn't look like any will be coming for 2015). Is it safe to say these are looked at as failures and we will see no more? Personally I say good riddance as Green Lantern is probably one of the worst rides I have ever ridden.

Edited by adamd

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that. If we were to go that route, B&M's Dive Coaster would've been a failure since only two were built...until SheiKra was built in 2005, and subsequently parks bought them left and right.

Valid point but dive coasters are enjoyable. Zac Spins (at least the Six Flags neutered ones) are not enjoyable at all to a majority of people. I don't think I ever saw anyone get off Green Lantern excited and running back to reride in fact almost everyone just complains.

To your point too I'd love to see more rides like Maverick and Cheetah Hunt and can see those make a comeback as they're enjoyable.

I absolutely love ZacSpins, namely Green Lantern. I gladly ride it over and over thanks to the single rider line at SFMM. Green Lantern is generally looked at as the worst ZacSpin though due to how SFMM runs it, Insane at Grona Lund has a much better reputation. Insane is high on my bucket list.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see MM remove it and put something else there in the next couple years.

This actually seemed like a nice topic that I would like to discuss until I read this scentance.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see MM remove it and put something else there in the next couple years.

This actually seemed like a nice topic that I would like to discuss until I read this scentance.

I should have focused on the ride not what I think a park will do about it. I removed that comment good point.

This is a pretty dumb thread. The only reason why there aren't any recently is because parks haven't bought them. And to base an entire thread on that fact, and then to use that same fact to say the ride type isn't good, well, I'm sorry, that's just kind of dumb.