TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Smoothest Coaster You've Ridden?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that quite a few here mentioned Millennium Force. While I do think it is in the "very smooth" category I would say (and don't get me wrong, cause I'm not complaining at all) I didn't get the near floating feeling I got on shambhala (which I would say is the smoothest I've ridden).

Honorable mentions to: BTR (sfgadv), great bear, raptor (CP), storm runner. It's kind of hard to explain as none of these rides had the smallest jolt or anything but they just didn't feel as ridiculously smooth as shambhala, for some reason. I could steel feel we were on trains with wheels rolling over the track while that one sometimes almost felt like we were floating.

Just to name a few:

-Goliath @ SFMM

-Titan @ SFOT

-Silver Bullet @ KBF

-Manta @ SWSD

-YOLOcoaster @ SFMM

-Giant Dipper @ SCBB

You should see a doctor, I think you've lost all feeling in your body.

YOLOCoaster is a 10/10 on smoothness for sure in fact that's probably my winner followed closely by S:UF at SFDK (Both Premier coasters, worth noting) and Goliath is probably about an 8/10 but just seems smoother than it is compared to most of the other coasters at SFMM.

You totally lose me at SCBB though. I *LOVE* the Giant Dipper, it was my first coaster and was my favorite woodie all my life until Gold Striker was built, but smooth it is not. It's not overly painful and it's in fantastic shape for a 90 year old roller coaster thanks to the fine folks in Santa Cruz, but I would not call it smooth at all, not that that makes me like it any less.

Just to name a few:

-Goliath @ SFMM

-Titan @ SFOT

-Silver Bullet @ KBF

-Manta @ SWSD

-YOLOcoaster @ SFMM

-Giant Dipper @ SCBB

You should see a doctor, I think you've lost all feeling in your body.

YOLOCoaster is a 10/10 on smoothness for sure in fact that's probably my winner followed closely by S:UF at SFDK (Both Premier coasters, worth noting) and Goliath is probably about an 8/10 but just seems smoother than it is compared to most of the other coasters at SFMM.

You totally lose me at SCBB though. I *LOVE* the Giant Dipper, it was my first coaster and was my favorite woodie all my life until Gold Striker was built, but smooth it is not. It's not overly painful and it's in fantastic shape for a 90 year old roller coaster thanks to the fine folks in Santa Cruz, but I would not call it smooth at all, not that that makes me like it any less.

Well then I must be pretty lucky with no rattling in the back car. When did you last ride it?

The only rough b&m I've been on was mantis at cedar point. Bashed my head pretty good. Layout was pretty cool though

Haven't been on it and don't really plan to. (Not a credit whore like some) one of the coasters im avoiding when i go to Cedar Point this summer. Although if i get the Fast Lane i may try it just to see how bad it is Since i wouldn't have to wait.

Goliath at SFGAm, Maverick, and Silver Bullet would probably be the top 3 smoothest for me.

I don't understand when people say coasters like Banshee, GateKeeper, Diamondback, and Wild Eagle are smooth. Banshee has a pretty bad rattle at the bottom of the valleys which I find strange and unfortunate for a brand new $24 million coaster. Diamondback has this too. GateKeeper and Wild Eagle feel like they're trying to flap their wings which results in a very bouncy ride. Millennium Force has a constant rattle throughout. It's not bad, but I definitely wouldn't say its the smoothest coaster I've ridden. Granted none of these rides are rough, I wouldn't say they're the smoothest like a lot of people say. Am I the only one that thinks these things?

Well then I must be pretty lucky with no rattling in the back car. When did you last ride it?

A few months ago. It's not terrible, they take great care of it. If you said it was smooth compared to other similarly aged coasters, Id be 100% on board. To say that a 90 year old wooden coaster is on par with the smoothness of a brand new steel coaster though I think is a little crazy. It's relatively smooth, just not one of the smoothest coasters out there.

A few months ago. It's not terrible, they take great care of it. If you said it was smooth compared to other similarly aged coasters, Id be 100% on board. To say that a 90 year old wooden coaster is on par with the smoothness of a brand new steel coaster though I think is a little crazy. It's relatively smooth, just not one of the smoothest coasters out there.

That's what I mean. It's relatively smooth for an older ride. Definitely not Premier Rides smooth, but it's aging well with its smoothness.

SkyRocket

Tennessee Tornado - I was absolutely shocked with how smooth it was.

Beast - this year being retracked was awesome!

I305 was butter smooth too.

Superdooperlooper

I could go on, but those are some that really stand out for me.