TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Tale of the Grow Walk ….Hunh? photo Report

Hello! And welcome to my latest trip report!

For those that don’t know me, I am Jen.

12881430803_0418a28f81_z.jpg

I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, 2 of which are grown, one who is having her own little Princess in Oct, and my youngest, who is 9, Claire, who typically joins me in my travels.

14578009503_f1a7fdaeb1_z.jpg

I love Disney and try to make it to Disney World at least once a year. Some years that has not happened, but then other years I have been able to go more than once or at least to another Disney Destination. My last trip to the World was in Nov. of 2012.

I was lucky enough this year to have gone on my first trip to Disneyland in Feb, just a month prior to this vacation. That one was for business and I traveled alone and met up and had fun with a co-worker.

This trip to WDW was a family trip…meaning my parents were going as well …..and had actually had its beginning stages started about a year prior to going.

I had traveled with my parents to Williamsburg, VA in April of 2013 and we stayed at their Marriott time share. Mom said that next year she wanted to go back to Orlando and Claire and I could come, so of course that got the wheels going. We decided that we would do it over Claire’s spring break. I was not looking forward to going at that time because of the crowds, but it would be better to have her not miss school if we could help it. And a busy trip is better than no trip at all right? I got those dates from her school soon after we returned from Williamsburg, and Mom then reserved her time share for that week.

Of course we tweaked things and decided to fly in a day early (with Claire missing a Friday before spring break) and then my husband, Skip, decided he would like to come at the end of the trip and try out a Disney cruise. Yes, Claire and I have now sailed Disney a few times, but Skip has yet to be on one…so the trip was extended a few days for that and a little extra fun after as well.

What started out as a 7 night trip…. turned into 11 nights. March 21-April 1! (Yeah…. I wasn’t thrilled about coming home on April Fool’s day)

Plans were made and of course we had a few arguments about things…..nothing ever is smooth here.

First Skip was mad we were going and never told him. Well at that point it was so far off yet and I really hadn’t planned anything. I wasn’t hiding it from him, I just wasn’t talking about it in general.

Then he decided he did want to come, but not stay with my parents nor did he want to go for as long.

So we finally compromised and he would join us later in the trip and do the cruise portion with a day at Legoland at the end.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I am a planner and he likes to do everything last minute. So even though I knew what the plan was, he wasn’t in any hurry to book the cruise. I told him more than once about the prices rising and his reply ….”I don’t care, I want to pay full price”. LOL!

He also had this “idea”….he wanted to come down to Florida on a Greyhound bus. He said he would have a years’ worth of stories to tell if he did that. It would take him about 28 hours to come by greyhound and for one who has limited time off, this was not a smart idea in my book, but he insisted this was what he wanted to do. Luckily in the end, we talked him out of it and he did fly down on Allegiant.

All was pretty much set by mid Feb (I actually booked the cruise on my birthday in Feb.) and we just had to wait. Of course I went to Disneyland in between that time which meant when I got home I had to do catch up work along with extra work to be sure all was taken care of before I left. It was a busy few weeks and I was happy to see March 21 come!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

March 21, 2014, Friday

Today is the day! Claire, of course was very excited NOT to be going to school this day. Originally, I had thought I would take her to school for about 1 ½ hours and then pick her up, but the more I thought about it, I figured an extra hour of sleep for her would do her good. She goes to a Catholic school, and on Fridays the first thing they do is go to church, so really all she would be doing if she went was going to Mass.

We had a 2:30 flight out of Detroit, which is about an hour away from us. My sister, Gail and her youngest daughter Abby were taking us to the airport that day, as she has a van and could fit all of us, plus luggage. We want to arrive at the airport 2 hours ahead of time, which meant we would have to leave around 11 or so from Gail’s house.

Claire and I loaded up the car and Skip drove us in and dropped us off at her house. He gave us kisses and was gone. He was on a mission to go to the store nearby that had roasted peanuts in a shell in large bags. Yeah…see how we compare? He only was willing to take us to Gail’s house so he could go stop off for shuck peanuts. LOL!

Mom and Dad were leaving their car at Gail’s house. They were coming home sooner than I was and Gail would be picking them up from the airport.

We loaded Gail’s van and soon were on our way up. All of us excited. Abby, who is now 4, watched a movie the whole way up and couldn’t give 2 cents on what we were talking about, or where we were going.

We got dropped off and said our goodbyes to Gail. We went in and dropped our luggage off. We were flying Delta down as it was actually cheaper than Southwest and it was direct, which again, SW didn’t have when I stalked the site.

Then off to security. Claire is becoming a pro at this and it really is helpful that she at least has an idea what she is doing, though of course I still have to prompt her at times. Dad, however, will never become a pro at this, no matter how many times he goes through. Mom was specially selected to go through a special and quick line. Dad started to panic. I had to instruct him on what to do and where to go. All the while, reminding Claire what to do as well. And because I am with Claire, we go through the old scanners instead of the new ones, which Dad had to do. Too bad they wouldn’t consider him a child as well, it would’ve been easier on me. LOL!

Once we got through, we gathered our things and Dad was just so worried about where Mom was. I told him we would find her eventually and to just grab his things and get his shoes on.

Soon we found her and we headed off towards the gate, which of course was at the other end of the terminal.

We needed a bathroom and planned to eat lunch before getting settled down at the gate. There was a fake monorail going towards our gate, but you could also walk. The line looked long and you had to go upstairs to catch it. We decided to walk and look for a bathroom and a place to get some food.

Again, this did not fit in Dad’s plans….. Why are we walking? We are walking away from the monorail! Why are we going this way?.... You get the idea. You can only repeat “I am looking for a bathroom” so many times before you are ready to kill someone.

We found bathrooms and a Coney Island type place and decided this would be perfect for lunch and went inside and took a seat.

I was actually impressed that the prices were not too terribly inflated at all for an airport diner.

I don’t remember what my parents got, but I know they both got a side salad and they didn’t have French dressing. This is another thing that sends my Dad into a tizzy. He only eats French dressing on a salad. He refuses to go to Olive Garden because of the salad…even though if you ask, they do have French dressing. Now I understand it to a degree…I am a fan of French dressing as well, but I am open to eating other kinds when need be, but I do prefer French in most cases.

He did settle for Thousand Island and seemed somewhat happy then.

I think my parents then shared a burger and fries as well.

I went for the Patty Melt. I am a big fan of Patty Melts and this one did not disappoint.

14064235843_2c73460435_z.jpg

Claire went for the…..hot dog…..big surprise there.

14041019021_f7266d6e94_z.jpg

Claire’s meal came with fries and the waitress told me it came with quite a few, so instead of me ordering another side for myself, to just share with her, and that worked out great. Just enough for the 2 of us.

After our lunch we made our way to our gate and took a seat.

14393016168_e70ec2b455_z.jpg

Claire, of course pulled out her kindle and I was on my phone, surfing facebook and emails.

As time got closer to our flight, I think I made some wise crack about going to the bathroom, something men don’t do till the flight is actually boarding,…..though I don’t remember how I said it, it was pretty funny and the older lady sitting across from us just started laughing and her husband said he had no comment on that.

We then chatted with them a bit and they were super nice. They were fairly newly married, and you could tell she was so in love with him, which was so cute.

I guess he has been to Disney something like 18 times, and goes at least once yearly and she said when he started dating her he told her if she wasn’t into Disney, then it wasn’t going to work out between them! My kind of Man!

We discussed where we all were staying and I believe they were heading to Key West later in their trip to stay at a Time share he has.

Soon it was time to board and we all lined up and guess what…..Dad had to use the bathroom. LOL.

I think he had a nervous stomach as he used it twice on the plane as well before we even took off.

We settled in our seats with Claire in her window spot…a must for her, and I was in the middle, and Mom next to me and Dad across the aisle.

I took a picture outside. Claire went to close the shade and I told her it was not allowed, as if you HAVE to have the window seat, then you have to leave it open for all of us to enjoy from afar. LOL.

14044660104_f9de01872a_z.jpg

We took a selfie then, which I always look so bad in, but we were excited to be on our way!

14599742383_864b4d724b_z.jpg

We had the Delta 80’S video spiel about safety. This cracks me up.

14041010162_29dffd8796_z.jpg

It only played a little bit when it was turned off and the flight attendant told us they had to reopen the doors and that something needed to be fixed on the plane. Then the Captain came out to say that a strut had to be fixed and they were working on it right now. Um, yeah, I guess we want that!

Right outside of Claire’s window we could see the maintenance truck.

14044207205_839cc472ef_z.jpg

We had Claire as the look out to let us know when the guys got back in and drove away and she did her job and informed us and soon we were allowed to leave.

Luckily, we didn’t leave too late and soon were in the air.

14057335765_16f52000a0_z.jpg

14054137152_d9a5bf03d5_z.jpg

Claire played on her kindle…..I must say these things are wonderful for trips…and I pulled out my laptop and worked on editing pictures from my Disneyland trip. This really makes the flight go by much faster. We also were served snacks and drinks, which is always a highlight for Claire.

Soon we landed at MCO …and the new strut held….which was a good thing…and were off our plane and making our way to restrooms and then baggage.

14077369333_a2379f442e_z.jpg

We found our baggage carousel and waited for the bags. Since they weren’t coming out fast, we headed outside and took in the fresh and warm Florida air. I think Claire had to use the restroom again so we made our way to those and used them again.

And then I found it!!!!! If you read my DL TR you will know that I had found free tampons being in the dispensers at the DL hotels. I had posted a picture on my company’s facebook page and it became a big running joke. Since I had been to DL, a few other co-workers had traveled and anytime someone found free sanitary products, they would post it, or list places that did not have them.

I had just found out that that the handicapped restroom near baggage claims had a few free products as well…and of course I posted it.

14393202439_8531bca047_z.jpg

Claire did not see what was so funny about this by the way.

We got our bags…and we all double checked to be sure we had the right ones….for those that read my Nov. 2012 TR, you may remember my Dad pulled one wrong suitcase off and we didn’t notice it till the next day and it caused a lot of panic, but luckily we were able to make the exchange for the right one before cruising.

Now it was time to pick up our rental cars. Because the majority of our trip was offsite, we had to have cars to get to and from the parks. Originally I had a great car deal with Firefly, which is a new company at MCO, owned by Hertz. When I added extra days and tried to add those dates to the rental, it tripled in price. Even though the site said it would honor my original price, it was very clear it was not doing so. I searched around and found Dollar for a steal. I had issues with Dollars counter service in 2012, but for the price, I knew I could handle them and be OK.

My Mom is (WAS) a die-hard Hertz fan. She pretty much rents from them exclusively, with a few exceptions.

My sister in law works for Hertz and we can get a family and friends discount. It used to be that I had to ask her to schedule this for us every time we wanted to use it, but then she gave me the code and told me how to enter it. I have used this a few times (though Hertz is not always the cheapest, even with the discount) and I have NEVER had a problem or issue. I reserved Mom’s car using this discount.

Once our bags were retrieved we all headed our separate ways to the car rental counters. Claire and I got in line for Dollar and the line was long. The lady monitoring the line asked if we had a reservation, and I told her yes, and she said good, because they are sold out. UGH, not what I want to hear, as that means the parks are busy as I feared they would be.

The line actually moved fast and soon we were the next in line, when Claire points out a wet spot on one of the suitcases. UGH!!!! I just knew what it was. A few years ago I had this issue. One of my hair products had leaked and got all over everything in the bag. The thing was, I had double ziplock bagged it, so I wasn’t sure how any liquid of any kind could leak out like that. Well nothing we could do now, once we got our car checked in, we would go to the side and check it out.

I was very impressed with Dollar this time. They did not do the super pushy sales pitch for insurance and the digital thing that you have to hit agree on (the one that will give you insurance anyways if you hit agree without paying attention) was set up completely different. It was such a smooth process and I was so relieved when I walked away.

I was told where to go and that I would have a Ford Focus. Sounds good to me.

Of course, we went off to the side and opened up the wet suitcase and sure enough, it was my hair lotion that had almost completely spilled out and through TWO ziplocked bags. Luckily I pretty much pack everything in ziplock bags, so even though it had spilled out, it really hadn’t gotten on too many other things and I knew that I could just wipe down just about everything and be fine once we got to POFQ.

Now the trek out to the cars. I checked with a gal and asked which aisle to go and she pointed the right way. We could not find any Ford Focus’s at all. In fact this row had mostly vans. After walking up and down a bit, I went back to the check in hut and the guy told me again which row, and told me that any car in the economy area would be OK.

OK, that’s good, but my arms are hurting from dragging these stupid bags and I am now hot and I could feel my blood pressure rising. I have LOW blood pressure normally, like really low, where they often ask me at the Dr.s how I could possibly be living with such low blood pressure. LOL….so when it rises, I feel it and my head pounds and my face is heated and I am not a nice person. (kind of like when I need to eat!)

We found the cars and several were hatchbacks, which I really didn’t want if I didn’t have to, but did find 2 4 doors and I picked one. It was a Nissan Versa, which I have never even heard of before, but it looked decent and we started to load it and I really had to get creative to fit the 2 big bags in the trunk. I am now going to refer to this car from now on as the POC (Piece of Crap). Yeah, I am sure by that description, you can tell I wasn’t a fan of the Versa at all.

So we sit down in the car and I look over everything to familiarize myself with it and I program my phone to Port Orleans French Quarter. Something to take note of….you may not have a signal inside the parking garages. It kept telling me it could not connect. UGH! I did not print any directions out at all beforehand as I was going to rely solely on my phones GPS. Not smart at all!

So I decide to take off and will hit the gps to connect once I get outside. We stop and have the car scanned and pull out as my phone rings. It’s Mom and the line for Hertz was really long and slow and she is finally at the counter with a newbie. He won’t let her get the car at the family and friends discount. Good lord…what a freaking idiot and of course I am on the road and there is nowhere to pull over and I have no idea where I am going because I now can’t set the GPS!

He says my SIL’s name doesn’t show up in their data base and I tell my Mom that’s her nickname, her real name is this…..and I have no clue how to spell it and I am on the road and lost at the current moment.

So she hands the phone to the guy to talk to me. He is foreign and I can’t understand a word he is saying. I tell him so, and I wasn’t nice about it. In the mean time I see a ME bus and just start following it, which of course takes me to a toll road, which I was trying to avoid as I did not have my change bag out. Yep. The blood pressure is rising some more.

So I tell this guy her name and he can’t find her and asks how to spell it. I tell him I have no clue, as I never had to spell it before and he basically calls all of us liars and they we are trying to cheat them. I ask for a supervisor and this guy is just as much of a jerk as the first one. He tells me that it is impossible for me not to know the spelling of her name. Um, no it’s not, no one calls her that and I have never been asked for it before. My mom argues with him too, but they won’t relent and they end up charging her full price which is more than double what we reserved it at…..over $400 for a week. She was FUMING! And on top of that, they did not even give her the kind of car we had reserved either. The got a Chrysler 200 (which I personally would’ve loved to have as that was the car I wanted when we were car shopping last fall, but Skip wouldn’t go for it), but they had wanted a full size and something fancier, as they drive a Cadillac at home.

So I finally hang up with the idiot and click my phone to search how to get to POFQ since I am going by the seat of my pants at this point and I feel a little better, though mad that I am on a toll road and stopping constantly to pay.

It’s really hot…I mean much hotter than I expected it to be this time of year and time of day and I turn on the AC…and find out this car has absolutely no power at all if you turn on the AC. It was just puttering along and Claire and I just started laughing. It was really unreal how crappy this car was.

We follow Siri’s directions and I take a wrong turn and then she back-tracks us, which leads us way out of the way and we have to circle around for miles before we get on the right track again. I am pretty sure Claire might have heard a few select words coming from my mouth at that point.

FINALLY we arrive at POFQ and go out and park. I literally just got out of the car and stood there calming myself down for about 10 minutes. I am sure I had to dig for ibuprofen and then I also pulled out our Magic Bands and finally I was under control enough to go and check in.

14054136331_f61a1e2fec_z.jpg

I was never so glad to be somewhere as I was right now.

14054135721_d2b0536dc8_z.jpg

I didn’t do online check in, which I should have, so I had to wait in the regular line….as I saw several people come and go in the online check in line. This really is the first time I have witnessed it being faster, but I think now that Magic Bands are in the mix, this is the way to go and I will do it for future trips.

14057337465_df3ec82965_z.jpg

14077371153_d5efd4c9e1_z.jpg

14054138582_f0f2683610_z.jpg

Yep…while standing there; I took a lot of pictures to calm myself down some more.

We had a super nice guy wait on us and he made sure our bands were good to go (I can’t remember if we had my parents bands with us or not, but I know we never went back to have them looked at, so there is a good chance I had all of them with me), and told us about the resort and told us to enjoy ourselves. I was starting to feel better already. He also said he had something for me and went and got an envelope. Now I have no clue why I got this, nor really what it was, but I think it had something to do with World of Sports building. I would have to go dig them out to see exactly what they were, but I never did use them as they had an expiration date and it wouldn’t work with our plans. Again, no clue why I got these special passes and I really didn’t pay much attention to them after I asked initially as I knew I wouldn’t use them.

He then told us where to park the car to be closest to our building. Another mistake I made, I typically note that I want first floor and I did not, and of course I got 2nd floor.

A sigh of relief was made and I truly felt like vacation was finally starting. We made our way back out to the car to head over to our building.

14082082242_d91eae5d12_z.jpg

14085705284_2530ee9bf1_z.jpg

We found a spot to park the car and gathered one trip worth of bags and headed to our room.

14082081872_33e30f329b_z.jpg

14082030071_9428608cac_z.jpg

14085704834_a486413998_z.jpg

14111762223_5fa563c68a_z.jpg

14091678055_a517980c1a_z.jpg

14068580726_36f766e02f_z.jpg

13905071137_fff2a1801a_z.jpg

14092139954_2616890040_z.jpg

13905085900_cd8439c830_z.jpg

14111761593_02362e7b24_z.jpg

13905070657_10aef915d8_z.jpg

14115911003_c55eba18b1_z.jpg

14092612121_81b970f9fa_z.jpg

Once we got all the bags in the room, we called Mom and Dad, who were also lost, and working their way here. They said to wait for them to eat, as we were all hungry by now.

I called Skip and relayed the news about the car rental issues and he was not sympathetic at all.

I also set to the task of cleaning out my suitcase and wiping down everything and letting the inside air dry. I was really lucky, as nothing really got wet clothes wise and most everything could just be wiped down easily.

Skip called a few times and said his Mom told him that I wasn’t allowed to make the Hertz reservation, that his sister had to and that is why they didn’t allow us to use it. I informed him that is not what she told me at all and that I had the code and have done this more than once and never once had an issue. He said I was wrong, and I told him I was right.

Then of course he calls back a little later and tells me his mom called his sister and said the same thing. Well I am not going to argue, but I am right. Why on earth did she give me the code if that is not how it works? I am sure she forgot she gave it to me. There is nothing else to do but put this code in…it gives you the price options and you book it. The issue was on their end that they weren’t smart enough to find her in the computer to verify…….again, we have never had to verify her in the past either. (And when I asked Skip how to spell her name, he had no clue either) He said his sister refused to go in and adjust the cost, which also really ticked me off. Now whether his sister really said this or not, I will never know and I have never brought it up since being home. I just know we will NEVER rent from Hertz again….EVER! My Mom has since wrote several letters to Hertz and they have not once replied to her, but they did send her a random survey about her experience with them and she gave the lowest score to every question….again they have not contacted her about that either. And I thought Dollar was bad before. LOL!

We were now basically settled in the room, with the suitcase airing out and everything else wiped and drying, so Claire and I decided to take a walk while we waited for my parents to arrive.

I guess I didn’t take pictures, which surprises me, but it was getting dark and I was still a bit worked up. I also was messaging back and forth with my co-worker Deb while we walked around and explored the area. I had to vent somewhere and she has a good ear. I think I was also texting my friend Janet as well, so between the 2 of them I am sure I got my frustrations out.

I found a bench and took a seat and wasn’t there for too long when Mom and Dad called and they had arrived! Yay! I didn’t have to go out and search for them.

We met them out in the parking lot and helped them with bags and then we handed them their magic bands and told them to wear them. Dad refused to wear his. I told him that he would need it to get in the room if he ever got separated from us, and his response was that he never intended to be away from my Mother the whole trip. LOL! Mom rolled her eyes and Claire and I found that pretty funny. Poor Mom! We did convince him to put it on his belt loop for now.

While we are on the subject of Magic Bands, I’ll give you my opinion now. I was not a big fan. I knew I wouldn’t be, but I had hoped once I used them I would learn to love them. Now for many things they are convenient to use…when they work. I had issues a few times and my ticket had to be reset on the band 2 additional times after the initial linkage. (I had to pick my ticket up at Guest Services before entering the park).

I also did not like the way it felt on my wrist. I wear my watch on my left wrist and I put the band on my right. I can’t stand things on my right wrist and it drove me nuts. I didn’t like the way it felt on my skin either. And I hated the way I had to bend my wrist to scan it for everything. Later, when we returned from the cruise and stayed another additional night on property I did end up putting the band on my left wrist above my watch and that did work better for me.

Back to the current time…..We all had our bands and we set off to the food court to get something to eat. All of the adults decided a beer was really needed at this point as well.

14072724706_59c5a46f38_z.jpg

14115910343_0c72c3af15_z.jpg

We took a quick look around to see what we wanted.

13909223430_b3c56e6dd7_z.jpg

13911081558_931380de90_z.jpg

I decided on chicken parmesan with spaghetti. On the picture it showed several pieces of chicken and a nice helping of noodles, so Claire and I decided to share. Now the portion was good sized, but there were not as many pieces of chicken as th picture showed so we did fight over the chicken part a little bit.

14094570172_46e5d59792_z.jpg

I think the picture showed 3 and it appears that there are 2 on the plate on top of each other, but actually it was more like one as they were stuck together.

14097673025_d9abbb4823_z.jpg

Notice the beer?

14566188546_6a770e99f0_z.jpg

That was one darn good tasting beer too!

This was also our first experience with the new cups with the timer on the machines. It took me a minute to figure it out, but I finally got it. We filled Claire’s cup up before we left once again and headed back to the room. Claire went back with my parents and I lagged behind and did some texting. Claire wanted to be the one to lead my parents to the room, so I had to let her have that fun.

She then changed into her swimsuit and was ready for me once I got back.

14097672655_2ac1631808_z.jpg

And off the pool we went.

13913606918_df3fc4f331_z.jpg

14120279113_a378ba73e8_z.jpg

14120278953_6dcc09db93_z.jpg

14100198135_0ebcbeca50_z.jpg

When Claire saw this guy she thought he was pretty creepy.

14120278353_acb0aed459_z.jpg

14100619194_217394e9b1_z.jpg

14097097232_c4957ab9ca_z.jpg

We looked for a spot for me to sit and settle down where I could still see her.

14097096722_16cffca91c_z.jpg

14097096942_b89cf3f5fa_z.jpg

13913561849_52b8da85da_z.jpg

She wanted to go on the slide, but there are not any loungers near the slide.

14096978321_79ac7a2259_z.jpg

13913585960_aea3034ede_z.jpg

We ended up off to the side a bit and we put her towel on the bench, but I was instructed to stand near the pool for now and watch her get in…..you know because I guess she looks different every time she gets in a pool??? LOL

14120276353_f176edb17d_z.jpg

14097095462_faf624e0dd_z.jpg

14100617344_21c9ee36a9_z.jpg

As she got used to the water, I walked around a bit and took a few pictures.

14096977301_a6561d539c_z.jpg

14100194855_6fd404e60e_z.jpg

14110684734_de83f9408c_z.jpg

Finally she was ready for the slide.

14107228442_76ab609ab1_z.jpg

And I had been instructed to take pictures of her going down it.

13923690120_b976a89557_z.jpg

But I didn’t capture the perfect plunge shot and I was told to keep doing so till I got a good one. LOL.

14110684084_e151412348_z.jpg

13923633337_dee98ca17f_z.jpg

14107227352_0fb643c710_z.jpg

14110309535_0f358a9623_z.jpg

14110309355_533e39e4d4_z.jpg

I think this one works!

13923656479_a9ac3961a1_z.jpg

Nice report, even if it's starting out rough!

(I almost missed it, as the title didn't flag me right away it was Disney -- guess I still don't see "Grow Walk" as Disney LOL).

We used Dollar for our rental car for our June trip across Pennsylvania. We were SUPER happy with them, and they even worked with us to let us return it with an almost full (not completely full) tank, since we got to the airport without passing any gas stations!

We did note that (as typical) when you rent in one city and return in another, they really get you with charges. . but in our case, checking the cost resulted in us flipping our trip around -- to rent in Philly and return in Pittsburgh was going to be $900 for 10 days.

to rent in Pittsburgh and return in Philly? $500 for 10 days.

so yeah, we flipped our trip, started in Pittsburgh, and saved $400.

and we absolutely will use Dollar next time!

can't wait to read more

Nice report, even if it's starting out rough!

(I almost missed it, as the title didn't flag me right away it was Disney -- guess I still don't see "Grow Walk" as Disney LOL).

We used Dollar for our rental car for our June trip across Pennsylvania. We were SUPER happy with them, and they even worked with us to let us return it with an almost full (not completely full) tank, since we got to the airport without passing any gas stations!

We did note that (as typical) when you rent in one city and return in another, they really get you with charges. . but in our case, checking the cost resulted in us flipping our trip around -- to rent in Philly and return in Pittsburgh was going to be $900 for 10 days.

to rent in Pittsburgh and return in Philly? $500 for 10 days.

so yeah, we flipped our trip, started in Pittsburgh, and saved $400.

and we absolutely will use Dollar next time!

can't wait to read more

Even with the drop off fees with dollar. many times they are still cheaper than other companies too. I have only used them so far in Florida, but 99% of the time they beat all the other ones in price...and believe me...I compare.

Every time I tried to sit on the lounger she would call me back over for something. Finally we decided that I would move over to another area where I could see better and she wanted to swim around the pool a bit anyways.

13923656239_c3c001becf_z.jpg

Now I had known ahead of time that several co-workers were going to be at Disney while I was there. 2 were leaving the next day for home, 1 was leaving the next day for a cruise and yet 2 more were there throughout my stay. Most of us kind of had the thought that if we ran into each other, that would be great, but if not, that was OK too. It really is hard sometimes to meet up with people who all have different plans. However, the 2 that were leaving the next day were planning on stopping off at POFQ that night as one was staying there her last night there and the other was going to drop her off there. Some of you know one of them as she writes wonderful TR’s on Disboards. That would be Ellen (Podsnel). She was hanging her last night with her friend Lonnie who lives locally and Katie, my other co-worker was going to dinner with them. Katie is also on Disboards,WDGal210.

Anyways, Katie and Ellen were there all week for a conference, which had just ended that very day. We had discussed trying to meet up a while back.

At this point the day was just too dang long and I was beat and really didn’t have the get-go to make an effort. But I didn’t want to be bad either and blow them off. So while at the pool I texted both of them and let them know that I was at the pool and that if they wanted to meet up, I would be there for a little bit…..no response. I don’t think they were being rude either, I think they were just as tired as I was, probably more after being there a week already. So I was happy I made the effort to contact them, and a little disappointed that we wouldn’t meet….though I did meet up with Ellen on my last trip to WDW in Nov. of 2012….but I totally understand how hard it is to make things work to meet up with others and fit it in your agenda.

So I sat at the pool and just took pictures while Claire swam.

13923655879_609ca67835_z.jpg

14110308085_aebf4e9eeb_z.jpg

After a while Claire grew a bit tired of swimming and we decided to walk around a bit and check things out.

13923655159_133852f5f9_z.jpg

13923687580_77d8ed574d_z.jpg

And we made a potty stop.

14087162776_b0fe4b968b_z.jpg

Sorry, no free tampons here!

I was still messaging with my co-worker Deb and she told me that our boss was also staying at POFQ and had just posted she was back at the resort….. which I did know, but kind of forgot about. So while we walked around, I kept my eyes open for her too.

14107224482_b54824af01_z.jpg

We found where the hot tub was and it was really happening tonight.

14107224172_16b5569751_z.jpg

14130373393_d134587840_z.jpg

And there is a playground across the way.

14107223782_819f05855e_z.jpg

I made Claire stop for a photo.

14130372963_c2228ef261_z.jpg

13946042788_695bc0142f_z.jpg

14132941234_94e7ec7971_z.jpg

13946042418_c3d7d608a9_z.jpg

14132940914_16da9c4518_z.jpg

13946031810_02d18c5d66_z.jpg

13947741857_cc3c8320b2_z.jpg

We decided to go take a look at some snack options in the food court.

14131093971_996facab61_z.jpg

And right then and there I almost literally ran into Ellen. We both looked at each other and then it hit! We hugged and said hello and she introduced me to Lonnie.

She told me she had just dropped Katie off at her room and we could go back and say hello. Lonnie decided not to walk back and so Ellen, Claire and I headed back to Katie’s room.

When we got there Ellen knocked and pretended to be Bell Services delivering bags and then I jumped out when Katie opened the door. (Yeah, I know I was acting like a kid. LOL). We all talked a bit, but we were all tired. They had gotten my text and kind of had the same feelings I did….too tired to go visit, but it we ran into each other, that would be great. I guess fate was working for us.

You’ll just have to believe me that we met up, as we did not take a picture. We were all tired and I knew I look totally worn down, so I didn’t even suggest doing one. But here is some from my meet with Ellen in 2012.

Ellen left after a few minutes and I talked to Katie a little more and then Claire and I headed off on our own again.

14131093791_49f4c9bc3c_z.jpg

14134423635_ca009f37d1_z.jpg

We decided it was time for a late night snack.

Claire went with Ice-cream.

13947797398_29a8cab512_z.jpg

14154486903_755e2322e4_z.jpg

I went with 3 Beignets and we had to wait for them to be ready.

14137759185_40751a9457_z.jpg

13951062177_c335c53e3d_z.jpg

Claire is happy with her choice.

14134804742_ac9033ac7d_z.jpg

I got my Beignets and we headed outside to eat. I had never had these before and it was something I had been wanting to try.

I took a bite before I remembered the picture.

13951108270_033a3eeb31_z.jpg

And yes, I liked them. Very good, but very messy. Claire had 1 as well and we were now nice and full.

As we sat there I text my boss to let her know I was staying there too and if she was around, maybe we would see each other.

But it was late and I was tired and I figured she was too and Claire and I headed to bed.

Of course my parents were already asleep when we got back. That’s the bad thing about sharing a room with them, they don’t get up early and they don’t stay up too late, so I always feel like I have to creep around in the room.

Claire and I got ready for bed and drifted off to dream land….so happy that we were at the beginning of our next adventure!

March 22, 2014, Saturday

As I usually do on vacations, I woke up at the crack of dawn. My body just knows there is too much to see and do to have time wasted on sleep.

I got dressed and grabbed my camera for a walk outside for more pictures. Unfortunately in March at 6:45 AM it is still dark outside.

13982129518_75bdf5f663_z.jpg

I peeked into the arcade for a few quick shots while I was in the area.

13982107909_2fc1ede923_z.jpg

14145610986_0e1c7a7890_z.jpg

14166052152_41d62c4b41_z.jpg

It was so quiet while I went around and took pictures.

13982130217_a5d9b45298_z.jpg

14018996079_faeba2fcac_z.jpg

14203178162_c4e4fc9e97_z.jpg

I played the trombone many years ago, so I always like to take pictures when they have one shown.

14205545074_74d45269d9_z.jpg

14018995509_ddec70cdb4_z.jpg

14203177772_258e6cd3f8_z.jpg

They were set up for breakfast.

14019063187_f6a5b01940_z.jpg

14182534906_01c7ca91f2_z.jpg

14019023700_1a1afa2f31_z.jpg

14205665595_246c79c082_z.jpg

14202363681_39ae07e1b8_z.jpg

14018998098_e713f4a18f_z.jpg

14035083668_99afdb9369_z.jpg

14241911443_1f0794df5e_z.jpg

14241911203_88e18850a2_z.jpg

14035153927_289fa8df19_z.jpg

14219365402_b3a63419ce_z.jpg

14035082388_6e637cdd4f_z.jpg

My walk this morning was actually pretty fast, even though I have a lot of pictures.

14200478136_fcbaf6cba5_z.jpg

14037047517_c1334b596c_z.jpg

14220322951_71367c5888_z.jpg

14223411934_03c6855001_z.jpg

14243806893_e29e80ed3c_z.jpg

And here is the entrance to the arcade from the inside.

14223628815_0445b81def_z.jpg

14223411384_d387b21f9c_z.jpg

I must’ve made a potty break.

14221278232_960650db16_z.jpg

14223410834_89dca8fe2d_z.jpg

I was really disappointed that it was still dark outside.

14037045387_bf61a16aed_z.jpg

14223627745_3c049ee2c1_z.jpg

I had really hoped to get some photos outdoors in the daylight, but it just wasn’t going to happen this trip.

14223410244_7d611ffd50_z.jpg

14036973018_01fff391a9_z.jpg

I then headed back to the room and got showered and ready and Claire ready as well. Mom and Dad were in no rush and didn’t plan to head out till later. I, on the other hand wanted to get to the park at opening, or as close to it as I could. I also had to pick up my ticket beforehand, so I needed to get moving.

My boss did text me and told me she was finishing up some work, but they would be taking their bags out to their car soon and we could try to meet up then. I forget her timeframe, but if we could meet up during the earlier part it would work, otherwise we would be heading out.

In the meantime, Claire and I loaded our car up with our bags. We were leaving the car here all day and taking the bus over to Epcot, but we would be switching resorts today, so we needed to have everything out of the room. I made sure I had my voucher for my ticket in my backpack…I even double checked it…you know just in case……..

We never saw my boss and we just had to finally give up on that idea. Claire was anxious to get to her first park of the vacation….and who am I kidding…I was too.

14228075321_2fa0ff6c49_z.jpg

14044770430_93d0236612_z.jpg

14251560973_dce6ff576d_z.jpg

14229077202_3eb9646cf5_z.jpg

14231377395_e8b690df53_z.jpg

At least I was able to get a few shots on the way in the daylight.

14228074071_4fdd263ab9_z.jpg

14044769070_3bc8233f24_z.jpg

14231376605_53ca46c604_z.jpg

Off to the buses

14231376875_d670ec3bc8_z.jpg

This guy was handing out some Mardi Gras money. I wanted Claire to pose with him, but she wouldn’t.

14231135174_e0d2da39a8_z.jpg

14256174782_d33f998db0_z.jpg

14255013691_97e1bf302c_z.jpg

14258332545_789338f5e2_z.jpg

We plopped down on a bench and waited for our bus.

14071750717_328e98bc1e_z.jpg

And waited…

14256173592_e5d42ab530_z.jpg

And waited…

I did see one of the new buses for the first time.

14071675269_c2d0ac5ba4_z.jpg

Katie, my co-worker, walked by and we said hello again and talked a bit. She was heading off the MK before she had to leave for home later.

Finally our bus arrived after some more waiting and we were on our way.

14576529386_9c11cb2c9a_z.jpg

We soon arrived at Epcot and made our way towards the Guest Services.

14075580047_7073b49275_z.jpg

I pulled my voucher out of my bag for my ticket….and my heart sunk. I brought the voucher for our Sea World Tickets for later in the week. OMG! How could I be so stinking stupid. I even looked at it twice.

I told Claire we would have to go back to the resort and get the right one…but then I thought about it and said let’s just try it out first. My voucher is in my name and I had all the ID info with me, so there was a good chance they could look it up.

BINGO! She found me. Whew! I was going to be so mad at myself if we had to bus it back to POFQ.

She takes my magic band and connects my ticket to it. No paper ticket is given. I asked if there would be a problem and she said no. OK…good!

So I then tell her I need all of Claire’s FP’s copied to my ticket as well. I was told by Disney CM’s this would not be a problem at all when I called. So she copies todays for me and that’s it. I told her the system allowed me to pick FP’s for the whole week, even though we were only staying onsite for one night (at this time offsite guests could not pick FP’s till they got to the park and went to the kiosks). She said she couldn’t as the system wouldn’t allow her to do it and in fact she could not see any of Claire’s other FP’s. I was NOT happy. I pulled up my app to show her Claire’s FP’s and noticed that some of hers were not showing up on the App either. Good lord…NOT a Fan of FP+.

She told me I could go in and see if the app would copy us, but that was the best she could suggest.

We then headed to the lines and I worked on copying Claire’s FP’s over to me. We got through the gates easily enough. And I took a few quick pictures as I walked….also working on the app and also texting my friend Deb and telling about the ordeal.

Sadly this picture turned out super blurry and is the only one I took of these the whole trip.

14261760814_300ed9a852_z.jpg

14258829431_f6c68621ac_z.jpg

14075579247_a28037caa4_z.jpg

14075578817_ff62f00ce4_z.jpg

We had one thing that was a must do first thing this morning…..Soarin’.

14291017093_74a5b50bef_z.jpg

Because of the extremely stupid tiering of FP’s at Epcot, we could only pick either Soarin’ or Test Track. We chose Test Track because it has been many years since we have been on it. In 2012 it was down for refurbishment, so we had yet to see the new version. So our plan was to get to Soarin’ first thing before the lines got too long. It was a good plan too!

14247723476_f40e4ca68a_z.jpg

14270838125_70ba181743_z.jpg

14270415614_eb44aaf4bb_z.jpg

In the meantime, my friend Deb said she would go into my MDE account and look to be sure everything copied. Of course once I got into the building I lost reception, so I was having issues getting her my password. The people we were standing by inline said they had full wifi, but my phone wasn’t. I found out if I went in and turned the wifi off and back on it would then reconnect. I had this issue a lot with Disney wifi over the whole trip.

I think we only waited about 15 minutes or so and then we were standing here.

14598918692_dbc3f0bc42_z.jpg

Claire loves this ride…and so do I and we had a wonderful time on it. Sadly the screen does look pretty crappy these days, but we didn’t mind.

After that we were hungry. I hadn’t really eaten anything this morning. Claire was worried we would be wasting precious time by getting food, but I assured it was fine. She said I wasn’t allowed to get a full meal or I would be wasting time. So we decided on juice and strawberry shortcake. Claire said she would just want a bite, so we decided to share….Claire lied!

14270837585_c00dea869d_z.jpg

Claire started with the strawberry and then we fought forks the rest of the way through. I knew she was hungry and I knew we both enjoyed this cake….I should’ve gotten 2!

Time to make our way out.

14095497287_e7c0bdd279_z.jpg

14282060865_4893b23e6c_z.jpg

A lot of the little water features were drained at Epcot…I am not sure why, but I took a few pictures of them here and there.

14259765356_21a96ea2a4_z.jpg

The fountain was working though.

14096268960_c9e57869e2_z.jpg

I was back in contact with my friend Deb. She said that not all my FP’s copied correctly. Some had overlapping times and the one …the most important one….did not copy at all. That was the new Festival of the Fantasy Parade. I about had a heart attack and this was something we really wanted to see….and more than once.

She did me a huge favor and contacted tech support…who could not fix it, but they told her to tell me to go to the FP entrance that day and tell them the situation and they would most likely let me in, as they weren’t going to let a child go in by herself. I was nervous, but I knew that it would work…..as I was not going to allow it to not work. They also gave us an extra FP for the viewing area of MSEP for that night as well (this would be for Monday), but I had no intentions of using it as we have seen the parade many times and it’s just not a favorite or a must do this trip.

With all that taken care…..thanks to Deb….we moved on.

Next stop…..Test Track……Time to use our FP+’s.

14303067273_9f6f363a47_z.jpg

14282882545_ee5dc3d214_z.jpg

14284026084_cd319e818a_z.jpg

It was extremely busy and Claire and I were assigned a spot together in the waiting room. I am not sure if during slower times you can get your own or not…but I am thinking you do.

Once were allowed in, we had to make a car together….and I am pretty sure I have seen in other reports where people can make their own cars. That’s ok, it was still neat to see…and for the most part I wasn’t allowed to help. LOL.

14097845959_a53b618c07_z.jpg

Claire did most of the designing and I was only allowed to help when needed.

14304693843_61f7566f5f_z.jpg

14599548685_ecfedb75ce_z.jpg

Next we are scooted off to the loading area.

14304693573_e0cc17c486_z.jpg

Claire’s band wouldn’t scan our car, but mine did. I think because I was the one who scanned when we designed it. I am not sure if we both were supposed to scan in or not. I did scan my band in her spot too as we entered the car though.

14097960067_1652945845_z.jpg

We loaded in and were ready to go. The guy next to me videoed the whole thing. I am sure he has my dorky laugh in the background.

14097872868_9e07d4eaca_z.jpg

14304692883_01afe8b044_z.jpg

14284024784_931baefa59_z.jpg

14261393466_04dcce94a4_z.jpg

We came in 3rd for whatever test this was, but for the most part, we were 1st or 2nd through most of them…..Good job Claire.

14264038576_fd0dd0ddbd_z.jpg

14287160925_f6a3510a08_z.jpg

In the end, our car was the best overall design. I guess Claire knew what she was doing.

14285157882_9cc300919b_z.jpg

14402966577_1452c51806_z.jpg

Needless to say, we had a blast on the ride and loved it. It is still pretty similar to the old version in the way the ride works, but the new stuff is neat. I wouldn’t say better, but still really neat.

When we exited, we pulled up our car on a big screen and looked over the info.

14264038076_e16770cd97_z.jpg

And then took a quick look around the show room.

14286661914_dfe1f07bfa_z.jpg

14100535610_3b706d99fc_z.jpg

14287160145_6193cd53a2_z.jpg

14287159925_ea25b2ee86_z.jpg

14100487249_73e504afa4_z.jpg

I asked Claire if she would be interested in riding again using the single riders line, but she informed me she is too young to go by herself yet. UGH! Ok, I’ll work on her some more…..but hopefully in the future she will get over that fear.

We checked out the Cool Wash area next.

14325099195_2e9fe0d87a_z.jpg

14325098875_95a7e8ab4c_z.jpg

It was already proving to be a VERY hot day.

We moved on and found the Cars topiary area, so we wandered around there for a bit.

14345291943_ced72ba65f_z.jpg

14323324582_950f2a9d67_z.jpg

14138444229_d6e34bac02_z.jpg

14138443829_c2cb9dc1e1_z.jpg

14325232605_75cbaccdf2_z.jpg

14138708407_a7bafe2e98_z.jpg

14138708027_57f839fbe4_z.jpg

14324556454_6ea6d43a3b_z.jpg

14324556004_1dc8e52000_z.jpg

Such a cute area…but I was fighting the sun as I took the pictures.

14302091176_925663ce5e_z.jpg

14302090786_5ea9a7b507_z.jpg

14138574279_9299cba4f4_z.jpg

I often go in March and I always love all the flowers everywhere in Epcot.

14325229845_8f74e2ba04_z.jpg

Claire is obsessed with Spaceship Earth, so we had to go up and take a look at the wait time.

14138705587_ac6167a9cc_z.jpg

The wait was too long, but we did stop for some photopass pictures.

14566321046_2cd25ec638_z.jpg

Pay no attention to the hoochy momma shorts I wore. Bad choice. I have gained more weight over the past year and for some reason I thought I would be fine in some of the shorts I packed…..I was wrong!

14588659332_d46044e0c0_z.jpg

14586042451_1f1bf965b1_z.jpg

14402776839_388043aa50_z.jpg

14589350285_ae09e7b896_z.jpg

14402743388_93df1acaa5_z.jpg

14402698830_d70cf4f099_z.jpg

14589346825_0f9a0777c6_z.jpg

Next stop was the Seas with Nemo.

14338293181_4a5bc58175_z.jpg

14165279157_c17768f9ef_z.jpg

14350902014_6f2530efd5_z.jpg

It’s not a good sign when the line is backed up to the lighthouse.

14371941793_3204b0508f_z.jpg

Luckily it is a fast loader and we didn’t have to wait too long…but still longer than I would’ve liked, but Claire really likes this ride.

14351770595_4f6d8b6205_z.jpg

14371941553_413d5d3f64_z.jpg

14350185312_b4705c01fb_z.jpg

14328633726_54f731985c_z.jpg

14165087019_af3628896a_z.jpg

14382493623_1365748125_z.jpg

14361423964_d910ee18b2_z.jpg

This area always plays with my eyes to much.

14360788472_7b3955544a_z.jpg

14175688888_db26861d4e_z.jpg

14175837977_467c68206b_z.jpg

14360787912_12d7fd722f_z.jpg

After we got off we decided to explore the area a little bit. It really has been a long time since we have taken a look around in here.

14361423244_eea953864a_z.jpg

14175837577_a8dd670f64_z.jpg

14382492323_0ed81076f7_z.jpg

14175837187_1afe7001a3_z.jpg

14180044887_c363fc9eea_z.jpg

14366514905_4c00226788_z.jpg

14179941040_a4617f50d2_z.jpg

14366514185_8b3eb17a6f_z.jpg

He’s hansom!

14386690213_ca65bbdbde_z.jpg

We saw a few Seahorses and I wanted to try to get some shots of them, but so did everyone else apparently as it was very crowded around the area. There was a family there that would just not move. I was getting annoyed as the mom was holding the baby with her chest falling out of her top and a skirt so short her rear could practically be seen….and she kept going on and on to this baby about the seahorse…which he had no clue or interest in. And as soon as I would make to move around her she would move as well. And I sure didn’t want to knock her because I was sure she will spill out of her outfit at any moment.

14179940360_21080a9dc4_z.jpg

14343410976_b496dbb7e1_z.jpg

Those were the best I could get, even though we did stand there for quite some time.

14365609764_e1786ceca0_z.jpg

We moved on and I tried to convince Claire she should pose for some pictures.

14365609514_fec692cb26_z.jpg

She looks thrilled about it, doesn’t she?

I tried to convince her to pose inside of Bruce, but today was not that day for her. LOL. This picture cracked me up with the lady looking in his mouth.

14363183141_4a87b9194f_z.jpg

We stopped off in the gift area and I looked at a few shirts and Claire tried to convince me she needed another stuffy and I told her no she didn’t.

14366855212_576fd50d52_z.jpg

14345243596_f86c667cb4_z.jpg

That strawberry shortcake was now a distant memory…especially since I only got a small portion of it…..so it was time for a snack.

14367445354_5ec3019111_z.jpg

Claire wanted a pretzel with cheese and I went for the Mickey Bar. Of course I forgot to order the cheese and had to order it after I paid since she reminded me she couldn’t eat it without it.

We then found a spot to sit and eat…and she pretty much ate that darn thing without the cheese till I insisted we were not wasting it.

14366853822_36d351dcbe_z.jpg

14181780100_fbe4494988_z.jpg

14388524513_902212d911_z.jpg

While sitting there we saw Tiana and Naveen come walking towards us. What a surprise!

14368345985_78a1e58f37_z.jpg

And they walked right over next to us to have a meet and greet.

14365016321_5a2a243b42_z.jpg

Claire didn’t want to meet them, but I said we were whether she liked it or not. LOL. I knew she was just being shy, so we finished up our snack and she plopped a nice big drop of cheese on her shirt. Oh Great! Oh well nothing we can do about it now. I told her I would photoshop the orange stain out of the pictures.

We got in line, which actually was filling fast, but still we weren’t too far back.

We had some teen girls in front of us and the one was crying with excitement about Naveen being there. I kept thinking she must have some disability because she was just so insanely excited over Naveen. But I don’t think she did and her friend was excited, but not near the same as this one. Claire even looked at me with a wondering look.

I mean, it’s neat to see Naveen, but to cry over him…..that is a little extreme. But glad it made her Disney dream come true then.

I thought Naveen’s shoes were super cute.

14181728528_d7ecac5a5a_z.jpg

And while we waited I did take a few shots.

14365015781_dddfcc919a_z.jpg

14388523113_e9514633e4_z.jpg

14181778650_eee3bdfc13_z.jpg

And then it was our turn.

14181727738_4ec1d3a156_z.jpg

They really liked Claire’s skirt, which was Peter Pan themed…and I believe has a map on it too.

14368344505_b1b8cab399_z.jpg

14368344215_3c1c7ea1e6_z.jpg

No he wasn’t pointing at her stain. LOL.

14186894669_0bb93df177_z.jpg

14393708033_abb789f815_z.jpg

Claire looks a little unsure about taking his arm.

14186989490_d6ddfdeca3_z.jpg

14186914958_cedd6143cb_z.jpg

14370204551_6fdb68bae2_z.jpg

Needless to say, Claire was very happy we went to the meet and she thought they were both a lot of fun. See mother know best!

Our next Fastpass Plus was now up. Let’s just say the choices at Epcot suck. I mean besides Test Track and Soarin’…we really don’t have other must dos that need a FP.

Claire loves Figment, so I chose that as one. Rumors were floating around for a while that they were going to close Figment, so I thought it best we were sure to get on it. I have now heard it will be staying for the time being…at least.

14370204051_3ca147053b_z.jpgepcot109 by jenseib, on Flickr

14393706263_aca8dc69d3_z.jpgepcot110 by jenseib, on Flickr

I had to take a picture of this….Skip’s real name is Dean…and I could use a Dean finder at times. He likes to disappear….and did it a lot while we were cruising.

14370203721_218bab6135_z.jpgepcot111 by jenseib, on Flickr

14186936428_4997e8b4bf_z.jpgepcot112 by jenseib, on Flickr

14372602404_ff99199106_z.jpgepcot113 by jenseib, on Flickr

14350445106_88988ec1aa_z.jpgepcot114 by jenseib, on Flickr

14376624132_baa553d093_z.jpgepcot115 by jenseib, on Flickr

14191429189_a4a48ccebd_z.jpgepcot116 by jenseib, on Flickr

14377119274_c15900ceb5_z.jpgepcot117 by jenseib, on Flickr

14191637227_d62b120be7_z.jpgepcot118 by jenseib, on Flickr

14377118944_5cc0f8be05_z.jpgepcot119 by jenseib, on Flickr

14374732031_8938e35476_z.jpgepcot120 by jenseib, on Flickr

14191448988_323da9868f_z.jpgepcot122 by jenseib, on Flickr

14376622952_aeda865231_z.jpgepcot123 by jenseib, on Flickr

14354975026_0e4381cc8e_z.jpgepcot124 by jenseib, on Flickr

14195803159_8e709d2f74_z.jpgepcot125 by jenseib, on Flickr

14381009702_437dec1b80_z.jpgepcot126 by jenseib, on Flickr

14195873830_4d6d9d7f5a_z.jpgepcot127 by jenseib, on Flickr

14379105281_a331f39bb4_z.jpgepcot128 by jenseib, on Flickr

Once we got off we played around with a few of the games in there.

14381465614_3c9059c22f_z.jpgepcot129 by jenseib, on Flickr

14195831388_639299d930_z.jpgepcot131 by jenseib, on Flickr

14381465044_0dc36c2c7a_z.jpgepcot132 by jenseib, on Flickr

14379104221_6414ecd91c_z.jpgepcot133 by jenseib, on Flickr

14379103981_7abfa48463_z.jpgepcot134 by jenseib, on Flickr

And of course, Claire talked me into letting her buy a stuffie. I really agreed because I would’ve felt awful if this did close and she didn’t have the chance to get one again. She was all smiles about that.

14619625023_ff0de9b72b_z.jpgfigment by jenseib, on Flickr

14200593738_af1a25a64b_z.jpgepcot135 by jenseib, on Flickr

Of course, while in Disney, you will see a duck or 2 and I usually have to get a shot here and there of them.

14200761287_0dbea5dfc8_z.jpgepcot136 by jenseib, on Flickr

One of my favorite things about going in March is all the beautiful landscaping.

14200760997_ab5724d4dc_z.jpgepcot137 by jenseib, on Flickr

14203872758_67a30b4866_z.jpgepcot138 by jenseib, on Flickr

And one of the best things about Florida…..Palm Trees!

14367385886_176ff31e1a_z.jpgepcot139 by jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed back to the Seas. Our next FP+ was for Turtle Talk with Crush….let me tell you now, total waste of a FP. It does not get you in any faster at all.

We were early so we explored the area a little more.

14389453624_803a7f04a3_z.jpgepcot140 by jenseib, on Flickr

We have never watched the manatees before this year and it was kind of interesting to watch them.

14203871858_00d82d9c92_z.jpgepcot141 by jenseib, on Flickr

The lady kept throwing these heads of lettuce to them, but they didn’t seem all that interested for the most part, and when they were interested, it was only the fresh ones, the old ones were not eaten at all.

14367384666_a34cb17f1f_z.jpgepcot143 by jenseib, on Flickr

14203871058_8b2648118c_z.jpgepcot144 by jenseib, on Flickr

And they were feeling frisky today. So many adults were laughing…..Claire said “Awwww! Look they are hugging”.

14389452514_1d52acdbaa_z.jpgepcot145 by jenseib, on Flickr

14470693200_75a8c69268_z.jpgmanatee by jenseib, on Flickr

We moved on to look at the other fish.

14203919150_f49d3ce7d4_z.jpgepcot146 by jenseib, on Flickr

14203840579_d42ea30de4_z.jpgepcot147 by jenseib, on Flickr

14387140361_b4446726eb_z.jpgepcot148 by jenseib, on Flickr

14367383296_7bfb3e4592_z.jpgepcot149 by jenseib, on Flickr

14389451534_404f86681a_z.jpgepcot150 by jenseib, on Flickr

Hello Mr. Stingray.

14203869508_072bfd78b5_z.jpgepcot151 by jenseib, on Flickr

He looks happy to see us.

14203839439_7dbf283fec_z.jpgepcot152 by jenseib, on Flickr

14367382456_542807554e_z.jpgepcot153 by jenseib, on Flickr

14389450744_2ec3d247e6_z.jpgepcot154 by jenseib, on Flickr

14203838999_dcda73c34c_z.jpgepcot155 by jenseib, on Flickr

I believe we then headed in to the turtle talk waiting area. Of course there is no distinction between those with FP’s and those just coming in to watch. We all could enter and waited in the same area.

14405870241_8943fa807a_z.jpgepcot156 by jenseib, on Flickr

14222592519_a6c84e43dc_z.jpgepcot157 by jenseib, on Flickr

We were very early, so we played the quiz.

14222637950_c83a031052_z.jpgepcot158 by jenseib, on Flickr

And as it got fuller we went and lined up a little closer.

14429414293_6cef08c2d0_z.jpgepcot159 by jenseib, on Flickr

We were finally let in and Claire informed me she would not be sitting on the floor with the little kids, so we found a bench and had a seat.

14386110406_cf91caac14_z.jpgepcot160 by jenseib, on Flickr

14677295653_8183422a97_z.jpgcrush by jenseib, on Flickr

14409240335_5771913999_z.jpgepcot161 by jenseib, on Flickr

It was a fun show, but I have seen it enough now that it doesn’t have to be a must do for me anymore…and I think I’ll skip it in the future unless Claire insists on it.

We headed back out into the sun…..and yes it was VERY hot this day.

14407930632_7f1700402f_z.jpgepcot162 by jenseib, on Flickr

It was approaching our lunch time so we headed towards Italy.

14222631028_26c25585aa_z.jpgepcot163 by jenseib, on Flickr

I always love seeing these sand sculptures and wonder how they keep them looking so nice.

14407930182_0301179fcb_z.jpgepcot164 by jenseib, on Flickr

14222591009_bedac85d07_z.jpgepcot165 by jenseib, on Flickr

Obviously the birds don’t care if they walk in it.

14411575542_a6f6204346_z.jpgepcot166 by jenseib, on Flickr

I took pictures along the way. I love all the topiaries.

14226224399_27bc09c5d2_z.jpgepcot167 by jenseib, on Flickr

14389743846_8918b67d13_z.jpgepcot168 by jenseib, on Flickr

14226223489_0e0c742d72_z.jpgepcot169 by jenseib, on Flickr

14411714534_2d622fbcea_z.jpgepcot170 by jenseib, on Flickr

14235058577_0921c0bba0_z.jpgepcot171 by jenseib, on Flickr

14421508085_f7fb403713_z.jpgepcot172 by jenseib, on Flickr

An Alice Spotting.

14420374954_4391be0efe_z.jpgepcot173 by jenseib, on Flickr

14398387046_6e762f1e6b_z.jpgepcot174 by jenseib, on Flickr

14398386496_7bf814ee64_z.jpgepcot176 by jenseib, on Flickr

Isn’t Rabbit so cute?

14421507185_debdc11911_z.jpgepcot175 by jenseib, on Flickr

14441687373_3c9c36324f_z.jpgepcot177 by jenseib, on Flickr

14234909360_de95a5ff70_z.jpgepcot178 by jenseib, on Flickr

14421506055_f68b5137f9_z.jpgepcot179 by jenseib, on Flickr

14420213622_cbd81efac4_z.jpgepcot180 by jenseib, on Flickr

14429374421_81fa601c9f_z.jpgepcot181 by jenseib, on Flickr

14409595146_48031b232b_z.jpgepcot182 by jenseib, on Flickr

On we went towards our lunch destination!

14429368371_04543d5537_z.jpgepcot183 by jenseib, on Flickr

14246067359_27f6d8a3a5_z.jpgepcot184 by jenseib, on Flickr

14431405872_881c50352a_z.jpgepcot185 by jenseib, on Flickr

14246274057_d91956dd03_z.jpgepcot186 by jenseib, on Flickr

On our way to lunch at Via Napoli

14246273757_062c61f405_z.jpgepcot187 by jenseib, on Flickr

14429367081_6acd531d65_z.jpgepcot188 by jenseib, on Flickr

14431592704_5d3f52dff1_z.jpg

As I walked up I saw that Mom and Dad were just ahead of us. I told them I would go inside and see about checking in as there was a huge line outside for a podium…..which I assumed was for walk ups.

Inside I asked a guy and he said no, I had to wait outside…I said even if I have a reservation and he said yes! UGH

So I walk to the end of the line and it’s about 180 degrees out and the sun is glaring and I am just sweating away. A lady comes down the line to take names and I asked her if I was supposed to be waiting in this line since I had a reservation and she said no, I was to go and check in inside. I informed her I tried to once and they made me come outside, but she told me to go back in.

I grabbed the family, who was sitting off to the side and told them we were going back in.

14452900503_b44a858fb2_z.jpg

Amazingly the person I talked to this time took my info and told me to be seated. I let her know that the guy next to her had told me to wait outside. The guy just totally ignored me….jerk!

14246065399_274cd15239_z.jpg

We didn’t have to wait too long and we were called to be seated.

14246272627_9b4cd71af6_z.jpg

We were seated on the far wall and Mom and I raced for the booth part and made Claire and Dad sit in the chairs across from us, which neither was too happy about. LOL

14246272377_ec78d46416_z.jpg

I used the excuse that I had a bag I had to sit next to me and my camera too.

We browsed the menu and I took a few shots.

14431591464_a46598792e_z.jpg

We were trying to decide what size of a pizza to get. I was pretty sure the small one was pretty big, so the next size probably would work for us, but it listed it as only feeding like 2 people….or something like that, and Dad was worried we wouldn’t have enough. We asked our waiter and he assured us the size I picked out was pretty big.

I ordered the Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu for an appetizer as I loved it so much last time.

I almost forgot to take a picture.

14470743549_eb02ae5547_z.jpg

Mom had some and Claire tried it, but it wasn’t her thing.

Then our pizza came….and Dad had no reason to worry about the size.

14409592136_67197fb3a6_z.jpg

14452899183_a265f8b155_z.jpg

And it was delicious!

14470759368_f322ec83e7_z.jpg

I wish there was a place in my area that made pizza like this. I just LOVE their pizza.

Even though I was pretty full, I still had to order dessert…because I love these!!!!

Zeppole di Caterina - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

14432709175_77d41e1e00_z.jpg

14432709015_3097822660_z.jpg

And in the process of trying to take pictures, I knocked over the chocolate sauce. Oops. I was like a big kid making a mess.

Dad also got dessert….It looks like a mousse in this picture, but I can’t find a description like that…perhaps it was just chocolate gelato.

14246063569_2a0fb578d0_z.jpg

I took a few pictures before it was time to leave too.

14246110558_d180fde4cc_z.jpg

14444873402_e95d690e8e_z.jpg

14445114324_e27df0cb41_z.jpg

14466399683_72b66e989f_z.jpg

14423103796_cec6147c6e_z.jpg

When the bill came, Mom told me to pay as she was short on cash now with the whole rental car disaster and didn’t want to short herself till the hold on her card was let go. She said she would pay me later…..and yeah…that never happened. LOL.

I think the bill came to around $100 for the 4 of us. I think both my parents had some alcohol with their meals as well, plus an appetizer and 2 desserts. This is one of my new favorite places, with this being my 2nd time there now. It’s one of those places I want to eat at now every time I come to Epcot.

We headed back out in to the hot sun.

14259785737_b235802cc8_z.jpg

My parents aren’t super big on the parks and I think they were going to finish up with a few activities and head off to check in at the Marriott in a little bit.

14261556969_42e5a6fb7d_z.jpg

Claire and I found a photopass photographer and got some shots. I am not sure I am going to order memory maker in the future though, as Claire complained about every time I made her stop.

14402694600_be589dbdee_z.jpg

14402697940_4433426995_z.jpg

14587482194_7647555f4e_z.jpg

14589338635_d7c7d33bef_z.jpg

Also the photopass photographers were not creative with poses like some have been in the past and I often asked about magic shots and many seemed put out to do them if they could do them at all in the first place.

14609428953_0d4a46729a_z.jpg

On we went.

14261593410_0f7d0d46da_z.jpg

14446848452_0b0be71b50_z.jpg

14448207365_4352cfa970_z.jpg

When we got to America we went in to check out if the show was about to start. They told us the time and the guy acted disgusted when so many people asked about it and kept handing out times guides and told everyone to look in there. Oops in my hurry this morning I never even picked one up.

It was going to be about 30 minutes before it started, but something else was starting…..a first for us, so we watched. I loved it, Claire was not so impressed.

14446847942_dbfbc3ca80_z.jpg

14447081724_249e693a07_z.jpg

14448206625_47bd8f2643_z.jpg

14447081634_1385eb3e5b_z.jpg

14261591360_3e3a4a923b_z.jpg

I was sweating, so I can just imagine how hot these guys were.

14447080834_5e0877f0d9_z.jpg

14425076116_a6ab69b85f_z.jpg

14261554389_64bf9e42c1_z.jpg

14425075216_fe74113fb0_z.jpg

14655139964_94702a1a6d_z.jpg

14425075016_136c611edb_z.jpg

14446845642_9f2c9a1352_z.jpg

14261592428_9e7d2344d2_z.jpg

14261586420_5c683f6f13_z.jpg

As you can tell I really liked taking pictures of this.

14261553289_6566de355c_z.jpg

14447078874_894efccdac_z.jpg

14777520575_c2d6f460a5_z.jpg

And then they marched away as they finished up.

14261552039_310ab530bf_z.jpg

14447078074_16e06d63e5_z.jpg

14446843742_d5c3d9e043_z.jpg

We then were all invited to go inside as the American Adventure would be starting shortly and the Voices of Liberty were going to sing as well.

14261590468_4c07eb60e8_z.jpg

We have never seen either of those either.

In fact, I pretty sure this is the first time I have really stopped in America other than to use the bathrooms or look at topiaries…though I think a few years back we did stop to watch part of a show out in the ampatheatre.

14425072486_65aa77c244_z.jpg

We walked around inside a bit taking in the cool air, but Claire complained that it was boring. But honestly it was so packed at the park, that it was the perfect time to try new things

14261587370_55194f1834_z.jpg

Soon the Voices of Liberty started to sing and they invited everyone to scooch in closer so we could all hear better.

14448202575_e7ba21e9e0_z.jpg

14261550859_394a7ec518_z.jpg

14446842912_2949d25c77_z.jpg

14261586990_fa693d467a_z.jpg

14677289093_b806c9ea86_z.jpg

14446842612_46bb17aee2_z.jpg

14261589308_9721eee4ba_z.jpg

They were very good, but not something we would make time for every trip…but I am glad I finally got to see and hear them.

We lined up to be let into the American Adventure next.

14425071346_0d36a96835_z.jpg

14261550069_21d7184006_z.jpg

14468216534_6dac4c898d_z.jpg

14466016421_7c151cdd42_z.jpg

We have never seen this show, but I thought it might be something Claire might like with the animatronics.

14468216294_b03e1ec360_z.jpg

14469370245_f3d9c600e5_z.jpg

14468047912_c9c63b618b_z.jpg

14468339954_550c1fb12a_z.jpg

It wasn’t long and I was fighting sleep. The day before was catching up to me as was the heat…and this just didn’t have any action to keep me awake. My only saving grace was trying to get pictures.

14469494695_45f48fd033_z.jpg

14282876809_af1cc67a6b_z.jpg

14466141171_0b356ab28a_z.jpg

14466141101_13aaa1b926_z.jpg

14282919938_79f7217dc7_z.jpg

14294162630_f08df748e3_z.jpg

14294162220_6cd7dac262_z.jpg

14294349307_1e4d21afa6_z.jpg

14457687216_c81357279d_z.jpg

14457686956_66b73d3306_z.jpg

Of course this part is pretty cool.

14458173816_362b4a4454_z.jpg

14479999102_5845d8caaa_z.jpg

14294642019_ff495cea1d_z.jpg

14477892231_495dfa4da1_z.jpg

It was over. I was glad to finally have seen it, but I have no need to go back again…unless I need to cool off and have a nap. Claire thought parts were neat, but overall not impressed.

14481269165_5f4acb9b9c_z.jpg

Of course, I had promised Claire she could do something she wanted to do after we had our education…and she was more than ready to get started.

14294835547_92c7f0a067_z.jpg

We had to wait our turn…and I think we also had to wait for phones to be brought in.

14294640929_03b09746d0_z.jpg

14479997352_1268f45780_z.jpg

When it was our turn the girl asked for our ticket and I gave my wrist….after all, isn’t that what Magic Bands is all about? I mean they want EVERYTHING attached to it…..but not here…..you HAD to have an actual ticket to get a communicator. Luckily Claire had one…as I did not. I thought that was so odd as the majority of onsite guest would not have a ticket.

I have heard now this is somehow going to be something that will pull up on your smart phone. I am not sure if that has started yet or not.

We were able to select a country and we chose Japan. I didn’t want to do ones we had done a few years ago for sure and I had heard Japan was one of the better ones to do.

Claire…or as we now call her…Agent C….got her instructions and off we went.

14294686828_86840513d3_z.jpg

14477890421_d19d09ec6b_z.jpg

14479351491_c7c4c922f7_z.jpg

Time to start the mission!

14296294657_9291d717be_z.jpg

Claire is a control freak with this game and last time we did it we argued a bit because she needed help, yet didn’t want me to touch anything. I told her this time she was on her own and if she needed help she would have to hand me the communicator so I could actually see what was going. Luckily she is older and a bit more mature now, so that was OK, and she also could work and understand the whole thing a lot better this time.

14296294287_c3b3f37260_z.jpg

14474851289_84a75081da_z.jpg

I took pictures as we walked around for her mission.

14296099330_f5cd6e6c26_z.jpg

I have to admit that neither of us are familiar with Japans layout and never really went to the back to check that area out. The mission was telling us to go to places that neither of us had a clue where they were and the pictures were outdated, so we had trouble at times matching where they were.

14296098229_6b5b26d145_z.jpg

14296141818_1da4b73b30_z.jpg

14479348591_339693648f_z.jpg

We finally figured out where we were supposed to be. I had no clue this area was even back here.

14296097109_c26b523b90_z.jpg

Claire did her thing and next thing you know, Perry is coming out on a little boat.

14479347941_536aecdf71_z.jpg

He stops and sets a bomb and then takes off.

14481503054_de34b58380_z.jpg

And then a big water explosion happens, which scares some of the people around us. LOL!

We moved on to the next spot. I found a plug and took a picture while Claire was doing her thing. With everyone needing to keep their smart phones charged these days to use the app, it’s a good idea to have a mobile charger…or if you don’t, bring along your charger and plug in when you can.

14302436667_842382855f_z.jpg

14487658202_cfd03d7b6c_z.jpg

We next went into the store and this bizarre thing popped out.

14488878225_86e8bd2e52_z.jpg

It was funny as no one around us even noticed it.

We were finally done. This went much smoother this time around for us. No arguing for the most part and Claire could handle most of the mission herself. We then had to drop off the communicator in a secret location and we headed off.

14302435817_4ff98f7124_z.jpg

14302247590_f4d52c2359_z.jpg

We stopped to look at the topiaries, but it was hard to get pictures as so many people were lined up to get them in front of them as well.

14488257864_89db393b0a_z.jpg

14302922058_8bb62ee6e3_z.jpg

14302881430_7ca93b38a3_z.jpg

14489510635_a09f4ee9c9_z.jpg

14302920898_03ea47b7a6_z.jpg

14320424517_00cd9797e1_z.jpg

14505520544_d117aec2a1_z.jpg

We were now working our way back towards the front because Claire wanted to ride spaceship earth.

14505728342_1f642ed76b_z.jpg

14503475341_774d7db6df_z.jpg

14526978613_2805540265_z.jpg

14506870475_3d8247a0a3_z.jpg

We decided to stop in Mexico and take a ride.

14503474501_34206a031f_z.jpg

Believe it or not, but this queue was also long and they had extra ropes set up along the restaurant for us to go through.

14505727022_38795c27b1_z.jpg

We were behind a Mexican family and they were kind of rude….joking and pushing each other in fun and then as we came to the spot where we would enter the regular queue area they spotted family outside the ropes and told them to join them. The CM asked what they were doing…and then he goes “Oh your family is joining you…..that’s ok”. UM …no it’s not! And they proceeded to let 12-15 more people in line in front of us. I was not too happy about that or with the CM.

So we weave around the queue and they are super loud and rowdy now with the whole family there.

We get to the boats and we sadly end up with some of them. Claire and I had our own row and they tried to jam too many in another row…and so they try to get in our row and I tell them no. Sorry, but I am not having the rowdy family sitting right next to my child. It was bad enough they were in front of us. A couple ended up going in the row behind us.

We take off and I realized I should’ve asked to wait for the next boat. This was not going to be a pleasant experience at all.

They were loud, they sang, they clapped…and what made it worse was they were talking in Spanish, so I couldn’t even eavesdrop on the conversations.

And then one person starts taking flash pictures. There is nothing more I hate than flash pictures on the ride….and I spoke up. I knew they understood English and I said “No flash pictures!”. The lady looked at me and pretended to not understand, but I knew she did as did her kid and when she took another I glared at her and the kid tapped her and said “NO flash pictures” and she goes “OH”. Yeah she knew it and was pretending not too. UGH.

14320267539_5519410b91_z.jpg

14320218190_74fd051e08_z.jpg

14529624653_dc462a2d28_z.jpg

14322914329_374421d377_z.jpg

14529624143_cd01be54c5_z.jpg

I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. It really was a rotten ride. And Claire kept looking at me like these people were crazy.

We headed up towards Spaceship Earth then.

14509517265_661d951f40_z.jpg

14508391402_8b4eef75a9_z.jpg

I was checking emails as we walked and I saw a few in my business account, but nothing looked urgent and I had an auto responder going out anyways. Then my co-worker Deb messages me and says “so and so (we’ll call her Cheryl since I am sure she doesn’t want her name used here) emailed you and got your responder. She sees you are in Florida and asked me to see if you wanted Sea World Tickets”. Well garsh darn yes…but I already got free Sea World tickets, so thanks but I will pass. Deb messages back … “She can get you 2 for Busch Gardens then”…Again thanks, but I just can’t fit Busch in this week. We had every day planned and as much as I would love to go there and visit, I just didn’t have the time to this year.

And then Deb messages back….”Can you tour Discovery Cove? She can get a tour set up there, but you can’t go for the day since it’s so inclusive and only allow so many people per day”. Um yeah, I think so. I could take time away from my Sea World day and head over there.

So I email Cheryl and let her know that I would love to do that on Tuesday if it would work and she gave me the email of the people who could set that up and after going back and forth a few times over the next 24 hours I was set up to visit Discovery Cove on Tuesday. I was kind of excited to see it as I have heard such good things about it.

14322921038_04504726f6_z.jpg

There was still a line for Spaceship Earth, but it moved fairly fast and I knew we couldn’t leave before riding it or Claire would never forgive me. And at this point, Epcot was not in the plans for the rest of the week officially. We had hoppers and might come back, but as the official planning went, this was our main day here.

We get in our car and I decided to play it “cool” and put my sunglasses on in the picture they take….and then on we went….

14486416726_677f83e785_z.jpg

14509516215_31f8d73d37_z.jpg

I only took a few pictures and only edited these 2…because I always take a ton and I really didn’t need to do a whole other set of the same thing.

Then we came to the picking of our future, which Claire was pretty much in charge of…..and we see our pictures.

14638513156_19266ee3e9_z.jpg

Well that is interesting….I have holes in my eyes!

14323067227_91c97fa565_z.jpg

We were laughing so hard about this and Claire thought it was the coolest thing ever…..Even at 45 I am still cool!

I posted the picture on facebook and my friend Cass…who you may remember went to DL with me….replied….”In the Future You have no eyes!”

We had a dinner reservation to head to now, so we started making our way towards that destination.

14486416316_5794a422cf_z.jpg

14322920268_bbd0037720_z.jpg

See the crowds!

14638513536_cc66b73f64_z.jpg

Yeah it was annoying as all heck. We tend to be faster walkers and for some reason most others are NOT fast at all. They tend to shuffle in front of us. And then when you go to pass them, they move or all of a sudden expand to twice their original size.

Claire made comments more than once about this and how it’s like people see us want to pass and all of a sudden grow!

AHHHHH! This is better.

14486415926_950cb22cbe_z.jpg

14322919808_6af332620f_z.jpg

It’s much easier walking here.

14527351852_234647f3f5_z.jpg

I do love the Yacht and Beach Clubs location and any time I can walk this way is a plus for me.

14341928167_82b8e51a28_z.jpg

14505264316_9cdbca26d1_z.jpg

14341731520_97f81026b7_z.jpg

We were headed to Beaches and Cream, but we were talking too much and didn’t pay attention that we passed the Beach Club.

14527350812_2903d0aa1d_z.jpg

14341927307_4286f1d69a_z.jpg

Once we got to the YC we realized our mistake and had to backtrack.

14341730590_12b9a233ce_z.jpg

Squirrel!

14341763859_d570d8e91f_z.jpg

14341730270_92f42e4e34_z.jpg

We checked in and got our buzzer and literally only had like a 2 minute wait. We ordered waters to start with as it was super-hot.

14341793338_4d53293499_z.jpg

Now we were here for one main thing….the No Way Jose. This is about the best tasting thing in the world to us. I asked Claire if she wanted any food or just some fries and she said no. I would’ve helped her eat them, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to eat a whole order plus attack Mr. Jose as well, so we just went with him.

14534827685_6a70f68bd8_z.jpg

14533355194_89cb420640_z.jpg

14554964083_60a88578e3_z.jpg

After a bit of waiting, our “dinner” arrived. The waitress offered to take our picture….Claire looks so enthused!

14661123022_f03678d826_z.jpg

I then took this picture and posted it to facebook for the “where are we” game…I did this periodically throughout the trip.

14658268051_fecba9006a_z.jpg

And a couple of pictures of Mr. Jose before we dig in.

14348375237_3d7dcdc453_z.jpg

14348188880_40f7a7f2e8_z.jpg

And then a few minutes later…..

14681391373_86d5cf3a35_z.jpg

It was darn good! We really pushed the last of it down though. We had eaten a lot this day, but who could refuse a No Way Jose!

While eating we discussed our options for the evening. We were really hot and getting tired of the crowds. We started to think that perhaps we would just leave and go to the Marriott now. After some more talking we decided that since we had park hoppers, we should make good use of them, so we would go over to Hollywood Studios and ride Star Tours and then head back to POFQ to pick up our car from there and then off to the Marriott.

We paid our bill at B & C and headed out and I believe we stopped off at the rocking chairs where I texted my parents to get the info of where our room was and to let them know our plans.

14658267171_24ce012d85_z.jpg

And after a few minutes we decided to walk to DHS. This would help work off that ice-cream.

14533354174_39cd26a745_z.jpg

14349268668_3a5f96f524_z.jpg

14534358264_f3d9b364c7_z.jpg

And we were chatting away and again, not paying attention and got about halfway to the Swolphin before we realized we made a wrong turn. LOL

14512715786_3961c6c646_z.jpg

14349198990_5dd3761f16_z.jpg

14349226509_460e94959e_z.jpg

We got ourselves back on track to DHS and Claire had a burst of energy.

14349198220_17dd5912d2_z.jpg

14349226069_28f1d2c502_z.jpg

14349266908_c6e89cea5b_z.jpg

14558508303_2d898418f3_z.jpg

As you can see it was starting to get a little dark now too.

14535002311_34371f5225_z.jpg

We went in and saw a photopass photographer, so we stopped for a couple.

14609427123_7f65d5f6fd_z.jpg

Hoochie mama in full force here!

14609379113_b8fd685371_z.jpg

14588589642_647b314252_z.jpg

And then we made our way back towards Star Tours.

14515260646_0fc4cd725c_z.jpg

14351769269_a384b08358_z.jpg

One of these days I will eat here!!! I can never just work it in.

14351924117_763028ce6f_z.jpg

14537410872_6eaab082e1_z.jpg

Jedi Training was in full swing, but Claire had no desire to watch.

13917147838_42ecd07fbd_z.jpg

Evidently this would’ve been the park to visit today and the crowds were a lot less and the line for Star Tours was very fast.

I think we also had a sequence we hadn’t seen before…or at least part of it. We always enjoy this ride and it was a lot of fun once again.

Once we finished that we made our way out and towards the front again.

14351768589_c8fa7fa3df_z.jpg

We made our way to our bus stop and waited for the POFQ bus. We had quite a wait, but we had an entertaining CM in the area, so it wasn’t too bad.

I think we were the only ones on the bus to head back, which was fine by us.

I sat there and listened to the music and I swear it was Harry Potter music. I asked the bus driver …he was a nice guy as well…and he said no, but he couldn’t place it. The more I listened to it, I am positive it was Harry Potter music…..which I guess would make sense since ABC Family is the channel that always plays Harry Potter on TV. I posted that I thought I heard it on the bus to facebook….and I had a few people tell me they were sure they have heard it before on a bus as well.

After a short ride, we were back at POFQ .

14351767690_8cd3815644_z.jpg

14515285996_648ac60e58_z.jpg

14538398245_a9a6f909b2_z.jpg

And we got in our POC car and I programmed Siri to find the Marriott…in which she gave me every other Marriott but the one I wanted.

Finally after fighting with her for a little bit I was able to pull up the right Marriott and the directions were soon spitting out at us.

Let me say once again…..I hate driving in Disney. I love staying onsite and letting the buses do the work for me. Though it’s not always the most convenient…I do prefer it most days.

I am not familiar with the area at all because of this and I always get lost. Luckily I managed OK going to the Marriott….in the dark…but it took quite some time and it seemed like an odd way to go. As the week went on, I got better at it once I got to a certain point, but I would never find my way on my own without Siri there to guide me…at least from the start.

As we got near the Marriott…all of a sudden Siri said we were there. Um… no we are not. She is famous for doing this to me. We drove up and down the road and I found a side entrance and went in, but still couldn’t find there resort. I called my parents and they told me to come back further, so I did and found the guards gate. I pulled in and gave the room number and told him my parking pass was supposed to be waiting for me, so he handed me that and gave me not so great directions to the building. Luckily it wasn’t too far back and Dad was standing outside on the 3rd floor waving to us.

The next issue was parking. The lot was crammed packed, but I did manage to find a spot and we unloaded a few suitcases and took those up and then I ran down for the rest of the bags.

I took some quick pictures before settling in. We had a 2 bedroom room, with Claire and me in a room with our own door as well and set up like a studio.

14541984781_3db8967696_z.jpg

14541984521_8d62da6d90_z.jpg

14358774839_99c039fbc6_z.jpg

14565493413_2f50945d6a_z.jpg

Our room connected to the living room/kitchen area, which also was the door my parents used to enter.

14522288986_e45c23276a_z.jpg

Behind those double doors next to the fridge is a stackable washer and dryer!

14565492933_3b04810343_z.jpg

14358798398_93209c0df6_z.jpg

I guess that’s all the pictures I took…but I think I took more later. But I am sure one reason was because I had a little someone begging to go to the pool. So we fished out her bathing suit and she quickly got ready to head to the pool. The main one was right across the street, which was nice.

14358733060_f351583ed0_z.jpg

Actually there are several smaller pools over here and 1 big one. It’s really a very pretty pool complex. It had a kiddie pool, hot tub, and I think one was a lap pool.

14358773319_3b11b85fde_z.jpg

14565491963_83669f1f27_z.jpg

And tonight they were having a movie at the pool. I believe it was Monsters U. I found us some towels and a seat and Claire got in the pool. Most of the kids in the pool basically were watching the movie, which is pretty much what Claire did too, but she was having a good time.

It was getting chilly now, so I covered up with the towel and checked emails on my phone while she watched the movie.

14543859834_d7544e8258_z.jpg

14544444642_2ac985571c_z.jpg

14545379485_4c9ecf2c12_z.jpg

14358731780_a94b10827f_z.jpg

After the movie was over….we got there late and it was closer to over when we arrived….I gave Claire the final warning and then it was time to get out. We did walk around a little bit to check the area out somewhat before heading back to the room though.

14544443902_a8f676ff7e_z.jpg

14360157688_3e69b1358e_z.jpg

14360094600_01d189ea7e_z.jpg

14360666498_bced2a83ae_z.jpg

14567367793_0554c2fb0c_z.jpg

14567367683_5da47e5ca0_z.jpg

14360609560_070e51529c_z.jpg

14474851719_6444bc6dcc_z.jpg

We headed back to the room and Claire got ready for bed. I asked my parents if they picked up something at check in for me. My friend Deb had been on a Disney cruise recently and had a voucher for a free photo that she never used. She said she would send it to the resort for me to pick up and I could use it on the ship.

Mom said “oh yeah, they told us we had something waiting, but I told them we didn’t so I wouldn’t take it”. UGH! I had even told her the day before about it…I guess she forgot. So I headed back to the check in area and asked the person at the desk. She had to call someone and then she told me security would bring it to the room. I wandered a bit on my way back and as I was walking up, so was security, and I signed for it and got my package with the voucher. That was so nice of Deb and we did use it!

We settled down then and I turned the TV on. The current news at the time was the missing Malaysian airplane. I would watch the updates on this each night. This TV had a timer….which I love and I would set it to go off after a certain amount of time and I could watch TV till I drifted off without worry of the TV left on all night.

Soon I drifted off to dreamland. We would have another full day in store for us tomorrow.

March 23, 2014, Sunday

As I always do, I woke up way too early. I headed outside and took a little walk. I met a lady today and we got to talking. She was there with her husband and son who was close to Claire’s age. They were doing Disney and Universal I believe. We had a nice chat and soon it was time to head back to the room to get showered and ready for our day. I woke Claire and she got moving, but slowly. But at least she was moving.

We all had a breakfast ADR this morning and we were meeting up with my cousin Katie, who was also at the world. I believe this was her last full day here and would be heading home tomorrow, so we thought it would be nice to have breakfast with her and her family since our trips overlapped.

You may remember Katie from my 2012 Nov. trip report. Her family cruised with us…..Thad, and her 2 boys, Jude and Luke.

Even though we don’t live too far from each other, we don’t see each other very often.

I programmed Siri and Mom and Dad were going to follow us over to the Poly. Of course when we came to the MK gates, I couldn’t remember which way to enter and entered on the wrong side. I told the gate CM that the car behind me was also going to the Poly and then we made the crazy dash across all the lanes and luckily we were not killed, nor did we kill others…though I am sure someone probably cussed us out at some point……SORRY!!!!

Now the Poly is under construction and it was quite the mess there, but we had our bands checked as we entered…I told them once again the car behind us was part of our ADR and we found our parking, which was kind of far out, but not too bad.

We did have a little bit of a walk up to the resort, but it wasn’t awful.

13932882001_82b0bb70e8_z.jpg

13956051643_40c3521bb8_z.jpg

13932882972_9782efd9f2_z.jpg

Once we were about to enter, Dad realized he left his hat in the car. So he headed back to get that and we went inside. He is a hat fanatic and has to wear one while outside.

I believe this is now gone. I probably was there right before they started work in here.

13932879231_99f54863fa_z.jpg

13932880742_37fac725cb_z.jpg

13936282561_ec687939bb_z.jpg

13936278552_0c5952047c_z.jpg

We actually were early, but looked around for Katie and family.

13936280371_25801dfc54_z.jpg

We headed upstairs and still no sign of Katie yet.

13959443863_0c4d398804_z.jpg

13936275302_b91501bbac_z.jpg

14566817247_d86b82beee_z.jpg

13959441643_49b1c39625_z.jpg

13936273082_d147a2d0a3_z.jpg

Dad made it back and found us and Katie finally arrived as well. However, Thad didn’t make it….he was sick. I think both of her boys had been sick over the week as well. I know Luke was sick the day before they left, but I think he popped back to health pretty fast, but then Jude got sick one day while they were there and I think they even skipped a park day because of it. Thad took ill today and she was hoping he would feel a bit better later in the day to join them.

I went and checked us all in and Claire and I were the only takers on the photo op…..ok, it was mostly me and I made Claire join me.

14402887957_2c235e6a1c_z.jpg

14402700138_90338a5ed6_z.jpg

14402883547_1ca9cd6446_z.jpg

We had a little wait before we were called back. The boys were getting antsy, and I could tell Katie was getting tired. They had a full week so they were wired…..oh and Katie was expecting as well….and she just had a little girl about 2 weeks ago.

Then a funny thing happened. Katie pulled out a bag of candy…I think it was skittles or something like that….and tells Jude he can only have like 3 as the rest are for Luke. She goes on to explain that Luke refuses to eat pretty much all real food and this is practically the only thing she can get him to eat….and she’s a pediatrician!!! I thought that was funny. And Luke must be surviving as he looks healthy. She says she tries to shove food in his mouth when she can, but she isn’t very successful.

She also told us since Thad wasn’t joining us, that we could use one of their dining credits….they did deluxe dining …..and she didn’t want to lose the credit. We decided that we would put Dad on her bill.

After a bit of waiting, we were called back….thank goodness as we were all starving now.

13936272302_0012747258_z.jpg

We had bread on the table, but I am one of the few that is not fond of it…because their famous bread has coconut in it and I can’t stand coconut….I tried it again and it was still icky!

I did nibble at the other kind, but that has raisins in it, which I also don’t like, so I had to pick those out.

13936274241_46d6c768be_z.jpg

13959437943_571bd07cf1_z.jpg

Last time we ate here in 2012 it was just OK. Nothing special and we had a poor waitress, which probably made us not care for it so much. This time we had a great waitress and plenty of food and refills on drinks. The food tasted better too.

We did tell the waitress how to split the bills and of course Dad starts up with…”I’m not with them, I’m with her”….UGH…we tell him to just be quiet and go with the flow.

13962496174_c0b54a96b0_z.jpg

13938945196_f7e16e341d_z.jpg

Soon the characters started making their way around.

13982019943_bd8ffaa818_z.jpg

13958862622_99672ac6ee_z.jpg

13958864351_7cf8af8dd3_z.jpg

14029807701_8e1c8e50dc_z.jpg

14029807391_080559c5fa_z.jpg

See Luke in this next picture? He was fascinated with Claire’s autograph book and kept grabbing it and at one point he “autographed” it for her as well. LOL

14033434154_8585513969_z.jpg

14009874056_4bded0c598_z.jpg

14029805651_027d64b9c1_z.jpg

13937006029_4365d60b59_z.jpg

14120360031_b2fc4da3bc_z.jpg

13937041890_932d8bd59f_z.jpg

14120359541_35bba5bddf_z.jpg

14123983904_4242d97672_z.jpg

Stitch was pretty entertaining!

14128022021_ea0837630f_z.jpg

13944676959_2861d5cfd7_z.jpg

14131628004_d4db1111ac_z.jpg

14108172976_7ce1289486_z.jpg

14131627384_22589d743e_z.jpg

14131627094_d436d8420e_z.jpg

Our next visitor was Pluto.

13944677047_9bb6ebb3ee_z.jpg

14157309532_b3e5148d1f_z.jpg

13973461018_19078db7f4_z.jpg

14180175073_5ca013730a_z.jpg

I love this next picture.

13973460558_2b763cfb7e_z.jpg

14180174363_c66c1efbce_z.jpg

13973451660_ae2d64c578_z.jpg

Luke was really curious about Pluto.

13973440537_97918228c8_z.jpg

With breakfast done, we all agreed it was a very good meal and we were now stuffed. The bills came out and once again, Dad makes some comment about not being with Katie and he is not on the dining plan. Now he has lived with women his whole life…and you would think if we told him this was how it was, he would just shut up and do it…nope he has to ask questions. Luckily the waitress wasn’t paying attention to him.

We all said our goodbyes and Claire and I grabbed the monorail to Magic Kingdom. I think Mom and Dad were using the bathroom and then heading over too. Katie was going back to check on Thad.

14103316020_951d6fb42d_z.jpg

And we scan our bands to get in and the CM asks if I had tickets left because it shows them all used. Um yes, just picked up my ticket yesterday…I have 4 days left. So he says he will reset it and I am good to go.

Yep…. It was crowded here today too.

14103400667_2ae82539b4_z.jpg

14286608411_265af6f877_z.jpg

Lovely cranes all during our trip.

14103400307_45ee198a9c_z.jpg

So we are walking down the sidewalk and this bozo in a scooter starts honking and he is driving like a mad man and runs into us and several other people. I say in my not so nice voice “EXCUSE YOU”. I mean if I could go faster, don’t you think I would? And just turns and glares at me…sorry buddy…I can win awards for glaring and you don’t intimidate me at all.

So we watch him honk all the way down the side walk and still not making much more headway than us.

14750924094_0c43742b19_z.jpg

Lovely walls up all over the place here. We had to weave in and out of people to get down Main Street and these walls seem to make people walk slower.

14266818146_9523f75384_z.jpg

There goes Scooter guy! Yeah look how far ahead he got by ramming into people….JERK!

14750106521_6d4f6fddb6_z.jpg

We kept moving and of course there wasn’t much of a line for the dole whips, right when we are too full to get one.

14344088694_f6746ceb56_z.jpg

Shuffle, shuffle.

14158406497_00f6667f5a_z.jpg

I believe we were heading towards Pirates, but the line was just too long…but take a look at the upper left of this next picture.

14341562111_63c669dc9f_z.jpg

Not sure what is up there, but people were coming out.

14344087844_920cf25da3_z.jpg

Even this new adventure had long lines for sign up and we never did try it.

14344897535_7c1cf2e330_z.jpg

Claire has a one track mind and Splash Mountain was all she was thinking about.

14344897165_3b2e812d6e_z.jpg

We got in line, and I don’t remember the exact wait time, but I think it was 30-45 minutes.

14365082833_226a6cc85a_z.jpg

We got in line just in time as it grew quite longer after us.

We talked with the people in front of us…who were from Ohio as well, who were staying offsite and didn’t understand the whole FP+. I tried to explain a bit of it. They weren’t impressed with it and I can see why since they couldn’t get any till they got to the parks….and let’s just say those kiosks lines were MEGA long.

The line moved fairly fast, but I think we still waited at least whatever the posted wait time was.

14730265296_afdd8fc9b1_z.jpg

Time to board.

14344896525_3360e5611b_z.jpg

As we pass these guys coming down the hill I pray we miss the splash from them and I just BARELY did….thank goodness. I am not a fan of getting wet….Claire on the other hand loves it and I know she was hoping I would get splashed.

14365082043_cd384a20aa_z.jpg

14344895875_811f64c6e0_z.jpg

14344895515_4b93595443_z.jpg

14158403237_a3ba6c1989_z.jpg

14344084944_909f1169a9_z.jpg

14341558541_6791daa865_z.jpg

14321764696_e2a6ba3ffe_z.jpg

Is this a camera? Or a spotlight?

14366990842_d387b72a17_z.jpg

14182029567_09ecbbe1da_z.jpg

14181864988_523b10341c_z.jpg

14181864758_f359170d2f_z.jpg

14366989802_ac1d0ce26e_z.jpg

14207841500_cb15127845_z.jpg

14207775329_163bff1f9d_z.jpg

14391070541_520ebd16e7_z.jpg

14391070351_8764b6f971_z.jpg

14207975207_330ce10292_z.jpg

14394459245_6987f96f7e_z.jpg

14371352596_52ef4fe72b_z.jpg

14391109191_ab6381e89e_z.jpg

14391108961_44a3fdf4dc_z.jpg

14393399344_10e4ee3147_z.jpg

Continuing on with more Splash pictures.

14207878920_bd2ed25e19_z.jpg

14207878480_94dea435c8_z.jpg

14391107921_6992cc96ca_z.jpg

Oh no!!!!!!

14393394534_1cc3552856_z.jpg

14207812259_4c776569ea_z.jpg

One of our favorite parts of the ride.

14391107451_e942fe67f2_z.jpg

14208011317_fa8c2e3bdb_z.jpg

14391106961_1df2d0bf28_z.jpg

14391106721_5c5c42f539_z.jpg

14393397594_254b2e21d1_z.jpg

We survived!!!

14208010507_d15307b32a_z.jpg

And I didn’t get too wet, which is always a bonus for me.

14414629253_98d0c0cd9f_z.jpg

14393397164_921df41d06_z.jpg

And our picture…I actually stayed upright…I usually tend to bend way over to avoid getting wet. This picture cracks me up, because Claire looks scared out of her wits….but she loves this ride and would ride it over and over if I let her, so not sure why she has the scared face.

14402863568_49b57ec911_z.jpg

After our splashdown we moved on and look what I found.

14371348846_ce5a60b3a1_z.jpg

This was the first time we were able to see the Rapunzel tower….and I just loved it. And you will see several more pictures of it throughout the trip.

14393396504_2bcaee4b98_z.jpg

Here’s another one….I think this is so pretty…..such a fancy bathroom area.

14207809879_769cdc5748_z.jpg

14391105101_475ce653ce_z.jpg

14371348066_5eeced38e1_z.jpg

I am pretty sure we used the bathrooms there to check them out and then moved on.

14207809149_eb3623c70e_z.jpg

We had some time before our first FP+ of the day so we wandered through Old Fantasyland.

14207874640_90390971a2_z.jpg

And Claire does love It’s a Small World, so we had to make a stop there.

14414627263_f41ec918a7_z.jpg

The line was long…and was not very fast moving either.

14393081812_e7a9980332_z.jpg

14371347286_a4740c5b52_z.jpg

Finally we made it onto our boat.

14207873640_d2b0a65c21_z.jpg

14472630675_766f837fdb_z.jpg

14286004189_0a5dc44853_z.jpg

14286003799_9a87475edb_z.jpg

14449531936_1f750806db_z.jpg

I love when I get shots like this next one.

14286048168_d24aa7df77_z.jpg

14286185477_bc9f9cbb2a_z.jpg

14286184967_5d011e9428_z.jpg

14286002809_c8ea2e70f8_z.jpg

14286047548_ef9d5e96a2_z.jpg

14469262721_44171b6b21_z.jpg

14492770563_ff3928c8ba_z.jpg

14471309882_a6f867f864_z.jpg

14517908663_0e5d07020f_z.jpg

14474689976_ce10fb63cb_z.jpg

14496490834_7aa6a2d3e1_z.jpg

14496610302_8df5f98438_z.jpg

14496490264_fd631a9a81_z.jpg

14500319592_58280272e4_z.jpg

14501496735_c0409bbdaa_z.jpg

And continuing with more Small World pics.

14500319172_98e240db1b_z.jpg

14315039057_4af54a1b96_z.jpg

14314886509_67dbc37a32_z.jpg

14314886229_1f06deddae_z.jpg

14314842480_37ef89cdda_z.jpg

14314842250_fa3a02d6fa_z.jpg

14501495065_02ae7c0f02_z.jpg

14314892178_690a08ccaf_z.jpg

14509679365_7f6ae44270_z.jpg

14323079868_f01dbc3d47_z.jpg

14508550362_66dc19be01_z.jpg

My favorite room has always been the white and blue room…even as a kid.

14509678925_f546e9508c_z.jpg

14529783503_c788770e93_z.jpg

14506280461_285cc8e45a_z.jpg

14509678285_973ca09b56_z.jpg

14529782983_a69847a5f3_z.jpg

14529782863_a2d1781317_z.jpg

14323226007_31a2b4207f_z.jpg

14509677565_e6c835f98a_z.jpg

And now Claire was happy and we went back out to the crowded park.

14533659984_de85635e9c_z.jpg

I was sure excited to see this…..The only time I had seen the new Fantasyland was back in 2012 for previews during the Halloween and Christmas parties…so this was my first time seeing it in the daylight.

14348565868_15a1fa86d0_z.jpg

And there she is! The Mine Train….which at this time was still not up and running. I had really hoped they would be doing soft openings for our trip and many rumor boards had predicted they might….but as it came closer to the trip, I lost hope. My Dad did see them run an empty car a time or two, but I never did.

14512018496_89e0b74f7e_z.jpg

14512018196_43953e4b1d_z.jpg

14348679887_8dd1a5ec11_z.jpg

as always, your trip reports leave me exhausted!

but I'm so glad you post them, as I love looking at the pictures and reading about your adventures

yeah it does me too. LOL. And writing seems to be a chore these days as well.

Thanks for reading

We were now on our way to our first FP+ of the day.

14348564468_f45a986e99_z.jpg

Warning…I took a lot of pictures of the Mermaid area over the week.

14555266643_62f38ff18f_z.jpg

14555266443_23eb072809_z.jpg

I was just so excited to see this in daylight. So different looking in daylight compared to the night shots I got 1 1/2 years ago.

14534147962_38a47f86bc_z.jpg

We got in the queue and it moved fairly fast, though if I remember right, we did pause for a bit.

14348678197_e67b98249f_z.jpg

14535130305_182f6f2688_z.jpg

The FP+ line does miss all the neat things in the queue though….and for the life of me, I couldn’t figure out where the standbye line merged with the FP+ line.

Soon we were in our clam-mobile and I took a few pictures on the ride, but since I had just rode the Disneyland version about a month ago and they are pretty much the same ride, I didn’t take a ton.

14348493950_e4752aa28e_z.jpg

14348493600_4f6f8ed441_z.jpg

14348689987_ace2231ff7_z.jpg

14364580678_45d4fc7c85_z.jpg

14549620254_3fba9a4765_z.jpg

14549619944_1bfdff7c7c_z.jpg

14551176395_d9c14c90bc_z.jpg

Ok…maybe I took more than I thought I did. LOL.

14528097036_8ef18a6d84_z.jpg

14373227497_dafd7ee9f2_z.jpg

14536584046_bd412d1826_z.jpg

14373061638_597111897e_z.jpg

14579757613_f4a5d0f8d6_z.jpg

14556267121_d0b31c9bee_z.jpg

14558821962_f803b2db84_z.jpg

14556266631_43bd079d9d_z.jpg

14579756523_766cd24b36_z.jpg

14372977520_0b9795b713_z.jpg

14372977380_038e1b0d44_z.jpg

14579755903_71c287c729_z.jpg

And a few more Little Mermaid shots.

14579755693_1f8ca26e54_z.jpg

14373054399_c8892720bd_z.jpg

Claire was a happy camper…she just loves Ariel and loves this new ride.

We headed out and I once again made her get her picture taken.

14558820202_9fdeb355d2_z.jpg

And then went on to take several more pictures of Eric’s castle.

14373223847_2ab9262479_z.jpg

14579754323_6c05f18878_z.jpg

14559657545_81c3bbf3a3_z.jpg

14373223137_9f73900c82_z.jpg

14559657245_e0d30d764c_z.jpg

14571124212_4ac1ecbe0d_z.jpg

14385317279_187f2b1e6c_z.jpg

I was now needing a little snack…after all at Disney World it is important to try and snack as much as possible and keep your energy flow up, so we headed towards Gaston’s.

14385294978_395c97f298_z.jpg

14571928435_06547ab9d5_z.jpg

14592017813_bb5d21ea7e_z.jpg

For some reason I can never pick the right line in here. Last time we came, which was the preview time during the Halloween party we came in for a quick bite to eat and I picked the longest line ever with a CM that didn’t know what she was doing. I picked the same type of line today and it took forever to get up to order. Claire wasn’t too hungry and said she didn’t need anything. I decided to order the hummus and chips.

14385372308_1ffd996685_z.jpg

14572006775_ba6c9750d9_z.jpg

14571202642_b518558cfb_z.jpg

We also got something to drink, probably diet coke, and we found a table to sit at.

14385328390_c7c5119bd9_z.jpg

14571202532_bc362c49da_z.jpg

Claire ate a few of the pretzels but she is not a fan of hummus. Actually she would’ve eaten ALL the pretzels if I had let her, but I reminded her she wasn’t hungry (once again she was a little liar) and that I needed the chips for the hummus as I wasn’t about to eat it by the spoonful.

It was good, but a little pricey for what you got. I could have used about double the amount of pretzel chips. It didn’t fill us up, but it was enough to keep me from turning into a crazy monster…and that is always a good thing.

We headed back out then.

14577517434_d80d4d450c_z.jpg

I think we may have checked out the shop right there since we had not seen it when we did the preview in 2012.

And off we went again.

14599399823_02db9c37b6_z.jpg

14392694859_4196ef8c72_z.jpg

14599399763_122d69c080_z.jpg

I know some of you are smokers, though these days you don’t want to admit it for fear of attack…LOL….but yes there are a lot of smokers that go to Disney World and the smoking area used to be to the left of the castle, but guess what? It’s gone due to construction. Of course they moved it, but where? And I was really shocked when I saw where it ended up at.

14578530532_675fb62b61_z.jpg

We kept walking and went down the right side of the castle on that little path and then I found it…and was shocked. The smoking section has been moved to the two little sitting areas along this narrow path. Now I don’t mind this at all, but I know many people have allergies and irritations with smoke and this is a very busy path, especially with all the construction going on and now all these people have to walk right through the cloud of smoke.

Oh and the view from the smoking section….

14580082824_d90c36d855_z.jpg

A drained moat. Really weird to see that.

14580082734_1a1aa67fe5_z.jpg

14578558411_b6951a4c0b_z.jpg

We then realized the time and decided we should go find a spot for the brand new Festival of Fantasy Parade. This had just debuted about 2 weeks before we had arrived and I was super excited to see it.

We went to our favorite parade viewing area in Liberty Square and it was already pretty packed. Luckily we found enough space for our 2 rears to sit down along the rope. I think it was the last 2 spots in the whole area. The reason it was open????

Bird poop was right on the ground there. Yep, I didn’t care either. I got out a tissue and covered the bird poop and we sat right down. Bird poop washes off anyways, right?

We still had quite a wait till the parade actually started, so we sat and talked and I played on my phone a bit and Claire played on my phone a bit.

Finally a little bit of action.

14395285219_72570f6e4d_z.jpg

14395229460_8fe60f7047_z.jpg

Well that was nice, but now more waiting.

14395229330_2c338694b9_z.jpg

14761884415_80c96b537d_z.jpg

Let’s take a selfie….

14575434007_2ea82e9c9a_z.jpg

This looks promising!

14395470197_d1d243d530_z.jpg

14395228950_f122c4dfd3_z.jpg

14575197570_0bb07279aa_z.jpg

Ok, that was nice too…..but more waiting.

14395470027_065c8d754c_z.jpg

I was also texting back and forth with my friend Janet, who I think was almost as excited as I was about the new parade. She told me to be sure to try and get a picture of the dragon breathing fire….OMG!!! I had totally forgotten that it did this. I will definitely try!

14395284529_a516958005_z.jpg

And now for the Grand Marshall!!! We are getting closer!

13642415304_95a41df5b9_z.jpg

13642082995_050f7ecf11_z.jpg

13642413894_ef8750c128_z.jpg

13642413224_512d0d9a7a_z.jpg

We were now getting excited….the Music had started!!!!

Our first glimpse of the parade…we were so excited!!!

13642081145_f24a4a8aeb_z.jpg

13642412164_2636759777_z.jpg

I noticed the lady next to me was taping the parade and her battery light was flashing, so I let her know. She was very upset as she didn’t have a spare battery…..note…Always bring at LEAST one spare battery for you camera each day….so she had to switch to taking pictures on her phone.

13642079675_404d1c8e75_z.jpg

13642410744_9c089b89a3_z.jpg

13642409674_44c441acc4_z.jpg

Being that this was brand new….I took a zillion pictures.

13652504313_ef6a883367_z.jpg

13652486065_49485ee68f_z.jpg

13652485685_5386796dfc_z.jpg

13652830904_0a23b22758_z.jpg

13652829654_6e3c0cdda3_z.jpg

13653749365_e21a226b06_z.jpg

Of course a highlight for us and many around us was a chance to see Anna and Elsa. At this point in time they were meeting in Epcot and the waits were averaging 6 hours each day, so there was no chance in heck we would be ever meeting them this trip.

13653775723_c44dd291ed_z.jpg

This float has turning platforms so I had to act fast to get as many photos as I could of them before they were out of site to the other side.

13653774953_2ed8a8d991_z.jpg

13653746625_fef300e665_z.jpg

13653745995_c7022dc094_z.jpg

13653772113_7a3f70ec34_z.jpg

Tiana and Naveen were on the other side of the turning platform….oh and also on this float was Cinderella and her Prince and I totally bypassed taking pictures of them to get Anna and Elsa.

13654093905_68e10dac92_z.jpg

13654122083_c491b9f00f_z.jpg

13654121443_fb680c60b9_z.jpg

13654440154_7f96c5d87e_z.jpg

13667578415_c12dfe7ae1_z.jpg

The costumes are just FABULOUS!!!!

13667921884_ab500b729a_z.jpg

13667921164_fe7a5c74a6_z.jpg

13667574545_f47886ea1d_z.jpg

Rapunzel’s float is great!

13667572705_ee378a8854_z.jpg

13667919004_0cf0e738ef_z.jpg

13693631813_cdacabb93e_z.jpg

13693630983_32e8c50e2b_z.jpg

13693601705_5b10d612df_z.jpg

She had great expressions!

13693946694_6248c7f93d_z.jpg

13693627493_2f00acb11e_z.jpg

13693944434_eecc37cc70_z.jpg

13693597325_59a6fa231b_z.jpg

Her braid wraps all around the float.

13693596305_41626e2418_z.jpg

Cone on Flynn!!! Look at me!

13693595275_43462248e8_z.jpg

13693622483_820e76393c_z.jpg

13693621653_0711a28801_z.jpg

13693620753_c93dff6f42_z.jpg

Now we venture to the sea!

13693937634_ba5ff84c96_z.jpg

13693618083_9291ae2ba5_z.jpg

13693935244_b106ff8c01_z.jpg

I just think these costumes are so amazing.

13693616213_903533bf7b_z.jpg

13693587315_68cc1e2537_z.jpg

13693614703_ac2fa1d4de_z.jpg

13693585615_13b31b0734_z.jpg

Here comes Ariel!

13737457494_4286a30697_z.jpg

13737456814_5e121028e8_z.jpg

13737092543_aa279e2bab_z.jpg

Again, the characters had fabulous expressions in this parade too.

13737042585_3b09be1da5_z.jpg

13737454304_de75832d35_z.jpg

13737452914_bd264e863f_z.jpg

13737452234_b8b76e3328_z.jpg

13737088543_5632e6d211_z.jpg

13737038855_f1d5a6bff4_z.jpg

And the Lost Boys!

13737037955_bfb0eef7d4_z.jpg

14759534084_a358e7ee11_z.jpg

13737448614_957803d920_z.jpg

13737085283_46a40a4e24_z.jpg

13737447204_038039b3eb_z.jpg

13737446434_23abcdea18_z.jpg

13758942293_2dc0ab2216_z.jpg

13759297804_2712739b53_z.jpg

13759297114_d8425ae4d7_z.jpg

I was a little obsessed with Hook as you can tell.

13759296654_239485fa05_z.jpg

13758926315_ca8a7de3d0_z.jpg

13759294644_7f2fffa298_z.jpg

13758937683_6c9ef6a4eb_z.jpg

13759293354_4760cecfa7_z.jpg

13758922805_f52cbe0485_z.jpg

Tinker Bell brought up the rear of the float.

13758922595_3cbd4639c0_z.jpg

13759291694_0a847ca086_z.jpg

13758934263_ce8ca04749_z.jpg

She was fabulous!

13759289634_b9b5413ed0_z.jpg

13758919045_02d0277e76_z.jpg

13759288214_646f96e9d2_z.jpg

13758930803_2da810c4f7_z.jpg

Tick Tock!

13759286794_a36660c84b_z.jpg

Merida’s clan was next to arrive.

13782890885_818db0e5e2_z.jpg

13782899583_ff55eede74_z.jpg

13783224774_6e1e7500d1_z.jpg

13782890235_aaf208d8a7_z.jpg

13783224664_114b6824fe_z.jpg

13782898873_8e4a3ba65c_z.jpg

13782898673_ba6d8121c6_z.jpg

She was a ton of fun!

13783224384_911c6779f0_z.jpg

13783223734_533d8659c4_z.jpg

13783223644_a7657b485a_z.jpg

13782888685_3c59020f92_z.jpg

I see a dragon!!!!!

13798014263_1d61fe29fc_z.jpg

13798334114_27a6ba4f12_z.jpg

13798333264_c48d95b199_z.jpg

13798009615_76924c8ab9_z.jpg

13798332594_432acc4510_z.jpg

Loved the fairies.

13798330714_3d68e33a59_z.jpg

13798009073_f94465a110_z.jpg

13798006255_f83656c033_z.jpg

13798328454_d1124860e2_z.jpg

Hello Prince Phillip.

13798006353_b3fb7393cd_z.jpg

13798326924_58549d12c5_z.jpg

13798003145_56725f9516_z.jpg

13798004233_bddb97f8b0_z.jpg

I really watched the dragon….waiting for that fire breathing moment….. Come on Phillip….Go fight her!

13798003253_ac069b5289_z.jpg

13820224703_981b018a7f_z.jpg

13820529734_b8e7515867_z.jpg

13820528924_937fd04453_z.jpg

She’s lifting her head! Surely she’s about to blow!

13820222163_98a881dace_z.jpg

13820221373_5646aab7d2_z.jpg

Nope! Nothing at all.

13820220583_133e50854f_z.jpg

13820219393_60afa0dfe2_z.jpg

13820524564_cef97ab8a5_z.jpg

I was so disappointed that she didn’t blow fire. I texted Janet to let her know and we both hoped that it wasn’t something that was only done for the debut parade or special occasions.

Another odd thing is that Aurora is not in this parade at all. I have heard a few people think they have seen her, but no, she is not in this parade anywhere. I have watched it online, watched it at the parks twice (I will be watching it the next day as well), and gone over all my pictures…she is not in this parade. Now there is a theory and though it’s not confirmed in any way, I am betting it might be right or on the right path. We, meaning all my cohorts who like to talk Disney…..think that she was supposed to be on the first float with the Princesses, but then Frozen took off and Disney wasn’t prepared for it and they replaced her with Anna and Elsa. I can’t say this is true, but this parade was in the works long before Frozen came out and I am guessing they never intended to originally have Anna and Elsa on the float.

That’s my theory and I am sticking to it!

Next!

13820524054_d2b05ca966_z.jpg

Thanks Jiminey for this pose!

13820523284_9e8da67735_z.jpg

13820522224_128aa358ef_z.jpg

13820521314_c5f536829e_z.jpg

13820215413_ed2505ebb4_z.jpg

13820181725_99f9db1624_z.jpg

13820213633_f57ed1eb41_z.jpg

13820179915_3444d77809_z.jpg

I know I have said it over and over…but I just loved all the wild costumes.

13846245015_0d84e84209_z.jpg

13846243975_18ca68691f_z.jpg

13846256723_ee82fdc956_z.jpg

13846242255_520b008204_z.jpg

13846607824_fa6728216f_z.jpg

13846240715_e9b19bd94e_z.jpg

13846253483_05bccf40e6_z.jpg

13846238855_c7204194d8_z.jpg

13846238015_dca7b92d1e_z.jpg

13846250953_68c6f4e6d6_z.jpg

13846236125_55b87e8c5f_z.jpg

13846249533_832604397f_z.jpg

Donald and Daisy.

13877126204_357e7d5218_z.jpg

13877124754_ac2c6b735e_z.jpg

13877123604_6da545ab04_z.jpg

13876729665_b2db5b6733_z.jpg

13876728555_8c5d9a35aa_z.jpg

13876780263_a75b1d6023_z.jpg

13877119774_bc03e806c1_z.jpg

13895792204_c302924603_z.jpg

13895791544_9b8a18b761_z.jpg

Pluto!

13895441123_dc3dcf96f6_z.jpg

13895790204_9a626be6dc_z.jpg

13895372145_9eeca0d018_z.jpg

13895439113_8351f87851_z.jpg

These girls costumes are supposed to represent the “Big Top” circus theme, but for some reason, I keep thinking they look like Mad Hatters…and I call the Hatter girls. LOL.

13895438183_17bb086979_z.jpg

13895369305_f2f918cbdd_z.jpg

13911007335_bc8d0cde42_z.jpg

13887888021_de2d76f0a4_z.jpg

13911425824_0fbd56d767_z.jpg

13887893186_e102f74217_z.jpg

13911425104_50c2b9d31b_z.jpg

13911057043_994210f0d6_z.jpg

13911424214_acb65126a9_z.jpg

13911423804_0a797a741e_z.jpg

13911056053_db9be5938e_z.jpg

13887884671_cf10a378a3_z.jpg

13911422634_ca0fb0b4d8_z.jpg

13927994794_e647e0f89b_z.jpg

13904429431_cb1e86e826_z.jpg

13904433986_de6926dbd1_z.jpg

13927993184_74f45de716_z.jpg

Look over here Mickey!

13904427321_6da885aa2c_z.jpg

13904436262_80f8fef578_z.jpg

13904426381_df0718fd8f_z.jpg

And with that, it was over.

I think I covered it for you all fairly nicely…only missing a few things…..

So what did we think of the parade? AWESOME!!!!!!! It’s my new favorite at the parks….of course there are not many parades left at the parks anymore. Spectro is still my all-time favorite, but that is NOT coming back. And the Animal Kingdom parade is still 2nd, but again, that has now ended, but this one ranked up there with them. We were chattering away about it as we walked away….quickly…because little Miss Claire needed a bathroom break…and fast!

After the bathroom break we took a few minute to decide what to do next and of course I was trying to conquer the app that only worked some of the time.

There was this dog across from us and I asked how they were allowed to bring a dog in…..she’s a service dog! How cute is she? She had her official patch on and everything. I am not sure what kind of service she does as she’s not very big at all, but I am sure no one has told her that.

14581209042_a1cdebf7b5_z.jpg

I did ask if I could take her picture.

14395358279_4c6f49192a_z.jpg