TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - Lagoon / Mormons

Kyle and everyone else, the "No Bags on the Coasters" Policy came about a couple years ago when a bag fell from a rider on Wicked and took out a couple LSM Motors on the Launch Tower causing several thousand dollars in damage and the ride to be down for over a week. Additionally, the Hat thing came about after a couple hats got caught in the Wheel Housings on Roller Coaster, Wild Mouse, Spider, and Fire Dragon, if I remember correctly, not to mention the suspending of operation for several minutes an hour to go out in the Ride Enclosures and get People's Crap.

Like I said in the report, it wasn't a pain, just strange considering that I was still allowed to hold my phone, hat, and keys in my hand but wasn't allowed to put them all in one bag, you know? I never wear my hat on any rides, anyway. I don't trust it to stay put at the slightest hint of wind, haha.

Also, Samurai is currently operating in a way that makes it a Kiddie Ride now compared to when it first opened, thanks to the constant overheating of the AC Motor and broken Air Hoses from operating it as intense as they were.

How friggin' intense does that ride get?! Is there a video of it running full-bore? I'm curious to see what the differences are because it was kicking major arse when I rode!

I haven't heard anyone else complain about Jumping Dragon's Lap Bars, and I'm nearly 6ft tall, not to mention the Lap Bars allow the ride to restrain even the smallest rides and requireing there be no Minimum Height Requirement.

It had nothing to do with height. It was the fact that it was a T-bar on a himalaya. I sat on the inside so I didn't have a wall to hold me in place so once the ride got up to speed all of the g-forces were being put on my inner right thigh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the look of this park. Perhaps I will see if I can route one of my flights out West through Salt Lake. Then I can drive up for the day, leave around 5ish and catch the last flight out to Burbank. Heading out to LA on the 4th of September. This may need to happen. Ooooooo! Better yet! Don't they have a good Halloween event there? Perhaps I can do a 24 hour thing on one of my October trips. Fly out of Burbank in the early AM, drive up and spend the entire day and night, then fly out to Nashville the next morning. Anyone know more about their Halloween event? Would it be worth it?

I love the look of this park. Perhaps I will see if I can route one of my flights out West through Salt Lake. Then I can drive up for the day, leave around 5ish and catch the last flight out to Burbank. Heading out to LA on the 4th of September. This may need to happen. Ooooooo! Better yet! Don't they have a good Halloween event there? Perhaps I can do a 24 hour thing on one of my October trips. Fly out of Burbank in the early AM, drive up and spend the entire day and night, then fly out to Nashville the next morning. Anyone know more about their Halloween event? Would it be worth it?

Firghtmares! is an O.K. haunt compared to the MANY other local haunts in Utah. However, it does lack. They do not know how to split apart groups well to walk through the different haunts, and they use mostly 15-16 year olds to scare you. If you can look past that, I believe you could have a nice time.

Fyi, I work at one of the haunts here in Utah, and see MANY other problems with Frightmares, but feel they are only noticeable to me. Then again, I find problems with USH's haunt, so take that with a grain of salt.

Great pics! Looks like a fun lil place.

Shame about people wanting Six Flags to buy it...clearly a "grass is always greener" scenario.

They may want the "big" rides, but have no idea the deal with the devil involved

Great pics! Looks like a fun lil place.

Shame about people wanting Six Flags to buy it...clearly a "grass is always greener" scenario.

They may want the "big" rides, but have no idea the deal with the devil involved

At least Lagoon sees this "problem" and is adding Cannibal next year.

Edited by RCF

This is why you have to love the internet, can't say I really knew anything of this park besides its existence, and despite my nerdiness never knew anything of "Wicked" just watched a POV and that looks like an awesome ride! Which apparently pulls just shy of 5 G's and was designed in house.

Nice!

This is why you have to love the internet, can't say I really knew anything of this park besides its existence, and despite my nerdiness never knew anything of "Wicked" just watched a POV and that looks like an awesome ride! Which apparently pulls just shy of 5 G's and was designed in house.

Nice!

Designed in house by Dal Freeman, engineered by Stengel, and manufactured by Zierer. Dal Freeman also designed BomBora, and next year's Cannibal. Also helped with every ride since he came to Lagoon back in the late '90's right after he left Arrow. He is a big part of Lagoon.

Nice trip report. I enjoy seeing a park, that I have been going to my entire life, through the eyes of another. I liked your reference to Knobels. I thought the exact same thing a few years ago when I first visited Knobels, except in reverse. Knobels reminded me of old Lagoon (20-30 years ago).

You must have gone on a slow day, I have rarely seen it with that few people. I like Frightmares, not for the haunts, but because the crowds are not there.

Nice trip report. I enjoy seeing a park, that I have been going to my entire life, through the eyes of another. I liked your reference to Knobels. I thought the exact same thing a few years ago when I first visited Knobels, except in reverse. Knobels reminded me of old Lagoon (20-30 years ago).

You must have gone on a slow day, I have rarely seen it with that few people. I like Frightmares, not for the haunts, but because the crowds are not there.

Maybe not for the rides, but the lines for the haunts do get pretty big and slow.

Maybe not for the rides, but the lines for the haunts do get pretty big and slow.

Exactly. Everyone is lined up for the haunts, and there is no lines for the rides.

You must have gone on a slow day, I have rarely seen it with that few people.

It was a Monday at the end of July. Sure, not a weekend, but still summer break unless SLC Metro does things differently with their schools. I was shocked at how light the crowds were, though certainly not complaining! The Roller Coaster had the longest line all day and it was still only 10 minutes.

Someone please tell me what button I press and where it is to create a trip report!

Just in case you are serious - on the Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkey's main page - upper left - see the "new topic" button? Press that to start a new thread.

I'd do a search for how to re-size photo's for a TR before embarking on it. It isn't difficult, but takes some practice.

David

Someone please tell me what button I press and where it is to create a trip report!

Just in case you are serious - on the Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkey's main page - upper left - see the "new topic" button? Press that to start a new thread.

I'd do a search for how to re-size photo's for a TR before embarking on it. It isn't difficult, but takes some practice.

David

Finally, THANK YOU!

Local news just did a quick story on Lagoon's new "super secret" coaster. Do not give a lot of information, but does show some progress being make. Here is the link.

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/18/new-mystery-ride-takes-shape-at-lagoon/

There's no new info or really any new pics we've been reporting on LagoonisFun.com since 2012. It does confirm that Lagoon received a height variance for 208 feet in 2012.

The Following Information has been Confirmed to us by LagoonisFun Sources:

Name: Cannibal

Manufacturer: Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA

Type: Steel Roller Coaster with Vertical Elevator

Concept and Design: Dal Freeman (Vice President of Engineering) and Dustin Allen (Engineer) of Lagoon Corporation, Inc., Farmington, Utah, USA

Engineering: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany

General Contractor: Lagoon Corporation Maintenance and Construction, Farmington, Utah, USA

Colors: Red Track with Tan Columns

Trains: 5 to 6

Inversions: 3 (Immelmann Loop, Dive Loop, Unknown Inversion)

Height: 200 +/- Feet

Drop: 200 +/- Feet

Speed: 60+ MPH

Length: 2,000 + Feet

Cost: 10+ Million Dollars

Opening Date: Spring 2015

Trains:

5-6 Trains

3 Rows of 4 Persons. 12 Persons Per Train.

Overhead Lapbar Restraints

Notes:

Will Feature an Enclosed Dual Elevator Lift.

Inversions will Include an Immelman Loop, Dive Loop, and a Third Unknown Inversion, Rumored to be a Barrel Roll.

First Major Steel Roller Coaster to be Entirely Designed and Constructed "In House" outside of the Walt Disney Company.

Lagoon received a Height Variance for 208 Feet in 2012 for this project.

Other Details:

Track and Column/Upright Fabricator: Intermountain Lift, Inc.

Train Fabricator: Stakotra Manufacturing or ART Engineering GmbH, Oberried, Germany

Elevator Fabricator: ART Engineering GmbH, Oberride, Germany (Lift Platforms) and Intermountain Lift, Inc., Springville, Utah (Elevator Track)

PLC Safety System: Actemium Controlmatic GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany

Unconfirmed Details:

This Coaster MAY feature a Beyond Vertical Drop.

Updated: 05/22/14

Updated: 08/17/14

By: linearinduction

• 6 months later...

^ I know, right?! Middle of nowhere, Utah, and there's a freakin' PEACOCK by a gas station!

Here, let me put you in the right frame of mind...

You've been awake since 9am the previous day. You finished an 8-hour shift doing lighting for a terrible cover band at one of the oldest hotels in Las Vegas. You've gone home, taken a quick shower, and jumped in the car around 2:30am and started driving. Around 7am you end up in a tiny town in Utah called Scipio. Being 7am you figure it's a good time to get some sleep before a day at Lagoon. You park your car and get out, eager to use the restroom. You turn the corner and BOOM, friggin' peacock.

At first you laugh, thinking how ridiculous it is to see a peacock in this place. You look behind you, hoping that when you turn back around there won't be a peacock because, well, that would just be crazy. Then you turn and, sure enough, peacock. So your brain locks up a bit, trying to process this madness. Is this peacock real? Are you hallucinating from the lack of sleep and endless highway? Is The Matrix a historical documentary?

So you take out your camera to document this momentous occasion. Surely when you look at the photograph later there will be no peacock. Cameras don't lie. So you take the photo and giggle to yourself. You shake your head, turn, and head to the restroom. Upon exit there is no more peacock. "I knew it!" you say to yourself. Just a bit of the madness creeping in, no big deal.

You go back to the car, you sleep for a couple of hours. You wake up, you drive to Lagoon, you have a fantastic day, never once think of the random peacock. The next day you walk around SLC having a grand ol' time, you drive all the way back home with nary a worry. You decide that since you have a lot of free time you should go through all of your photos and post a TR to share your awesome times with other people. So you sit down in from of your computer, you slide your SD card in and...

Boom. Peacock.

^ I know, right?! Middle of nowhere, Utah, and there's a freakin' PEACOCK by a gas station!

Here, let me put you in the right frame of mind...

You've been awake since 9am the previous day. You finished an 8-hour shift doing lighting for a terrible cover band at one of the oldest hotels in Las Vegas. You've gone home, taken a quick shower, and jumped in the car around 2:30am and started driving. Around 7am you end up in a tiny town in Utah called Scipio. Being 7am you figure it's a good time to get some sleep before a day at Lagoon. You park your car and get out, eager to use the restroom. You turn the corner and BOOM, friggin' peacock.

At first you laugh, thinking how ridiculous it is to see a peacock in this place. You look behind you, hoping that when you turn back around there won't be a peacock because, well, that would just be crazy. Then you turn and, sure enough, peacock. So your brain locks up a bit, trying to process this madness. Is this peacock real? Are you hallucinating from the lack of sleep and endless highway? Is The Matrix a historical documentary?

So you take out your camera to document this momentous occasion. Surely when you look at the photograph later there will be no peacock. Cameras don't lie. So you take the photo and giggle to yourself. You shake your head, turn, and head to the restroom. Upon exit there is no more peacock. "I knew it!" you say to yourself. Just a bit of the madness creeping in, no big deal.

You go back to the car, you sleep for a couple of hours. You wake up, you drive to Lagoon, you have a fantastic day, never once think of the random peacock. The next day you walk around SLC having a grand ol' time, you drive all the way back home with nary a worry. You decide that since you have a lot of free time you should go through all of your photos and post a TR to share your awesome times with other people. So you sit down in from of your computer, you slide your SD card in and...

Boom. Peacock.

You saw One Peacock in Scipio, but missed Lagoon's Muster of Peafowl (Peacocks) that number more than a Dozen? lol