TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are new coasters/rides being kept more tight lipped?

I remember the last 2-3 years a lot of coaster rumors were actually accurate and most new announcements weren't total surprises. This year there almost seems to be nothing known as to what most US parks are getting (Six Flags gets something new every year and we seemingly only know that RMC will more than likely be for SFMM and SFNE). The only ones that seem to be as positive as you can be without an official announcement are the giga for Carowinds and the RMC replacements for the 2 wood coasters at SFMM and SFNE (and thats only because they announced they were closing) and something happening in the KOD building at Knott's (more than likely not a coaster). Of course this is if those 4 even happen this coming year. What is the reason behind the lack of info this year? I'm assuming a mixture of less people in the know and people in the know being very tight lipped as they don't want to risk their jobs.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the last 2-3 years a lot of coaster rumors were actually accurate and most new announcements weren't total surprises.

I don't think this is accurate or quantafiable

I'm assuming a mixture of less people in the know and people in the know being very tight lipped as they don't want to risk their jobs.

There might have been a few leaks in the past, but most of the rumors originated when people saw markers. The accuracy of rumors increases with more markings, public filings being uncovered by park fanboys, and the appearance of footers and track/parts.

At Six Flags St. Louis it's fairly obvious we are getting a Justice League dark ride in ol' Scooby's spot.

Then, again the rumors could be totally wrong.

That would make sense since it is DC Comics Plaza, not Property of Warner Bros Plaza. And shouldn't "Log Flume" be part of the World's Fair? Just something I noticed.

At Six Flags St. Louis it's fairly obvious we are getting a Justice League dark ride in ol' Scooby's spot.

Then, again the rumors could be totally wrong.

That would make sense since it is DC Comics Plaza, not Property of Warner Bros Plaza. And shouldn't "Log Flume" be part of the World's Fair? Just something I noticed.

Um... Justice League is part of DC Comics which Six Flags have the rights to...