TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Inconvenient Queue Line/Station Configuration

What rides do you think have really poor queue or station configurations? This can include station setup, unavoidable switchbacks, far away Fast Pass and regular line merge points, etc.

I would say a bad one is Riddler's Revenge. The loading lines and station are built at an angle and it can make it so the back row is a 2 train wait where the front row is a 10+ train wait. It's very unbalanced.

Feel free to share your thoughts!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millennium Force Station can be pretty bad too. Due to the entering the station at the rear of the station. When everyone want's to sit in the back its annoying trying to get by them.

Top Thrill Dragster's station is a disaster when there is not someone controlling it. You wait in the entire line just to get up to a confused mess of a station where the station wait can quickly become 40 minutes. . . Had this happen SEVERAL times.

Outlaw Run, same situation as Dragster... When there is no one controlling the station it just becomes a mess.

I guess most stations can be pretty when there is no one controlling them, these two are just the ones I have noticed the most annoyance on.

Green Lantern at Great Adventure. There is a small maze of switchbacks at the beginning of the queue that you can't bypass and if you follow the rules and don't climb over the railings, other people will climb over them causing you to get cut in line. Then there is a long walk to the next set of switchbacks before the station. There is a single rider line and it doesn't start until almost the final set of switchbacks and if the line has around an hour wait, you could be waiting around 30 minutes just to get to the single rider line entrance.

Powder Keg. The station isn't really big enough for the coaster, it's just what they had to work with from the old Buzzsaw Falls. You enter at the rear of the station, and if you want the front, you have to fight your way through everyone in the station to get to it. On the other hand, this means front row is about the same wait as every other line, so that's a plus.

Powder Keg. The station isn't really big enough for the coaster, it's just what they had to work with from the old Buzzsaw Falls. You enter at the rear of the station, and if you want the front, you have to fight your way through everyone in the station to get to it. On the other hand, this means front row is about the same wait as every other line, so that's a plus.
So very true! However when they have someone at the bottom of the bridge only sending over a train full of people at a time, it is not nearly as bad.

El Toro has a narrow station. While manageable, a crowd controller is absolutely necessary for the ride. Since you enter at the front of the station, getting around people waiting for the front rows can be a pain. I don't know how many times I've had to say on the mic to the people in the front rows to let other people in line past them to fill up the empty rows in the back.

Dragon Khan might not have the worst queue configuration but it has the worst loading policies. It has an attendant assigning rows (fair enough) yet they won't let you pick first or very last row even though there is a separate queue for both rows already set up in the station. Wouldn't it be easier to assign rows from 2-6 and let those folks who want to ride front or back wait a bit more?

What rides do you think have really poor queue or station configurations? This can include station setup, unavoidable switchbacks, far away Fast Pass and regular line merge points, etc.

I would say a bad one is Riddler's Revenge. The loading lines and station are built at an angle and it can make it so the back row is a 2 train wait where the front row is a 10+ train wait. It's very unbalanced.

Feel free to share your thoughts!

The line for the front row always needs more space since more people wait for the front by default. That's why RRv has the signs at the bottom of the stairs to let guests know to stay to the left for the front.

El Toro has a narrow station. While manageable, a crowd controller is absolutely necessary for the ride. Since you enter at the front of the station, getting around people waiting for the front rows can be a pain. I don't know how many times I've had to say on the mic to the people in the front rows to let other people in line past them to fill up the empty rows in the back.

Maybe the park should put a employee at the top of the stairs to help with that issue.

Dragon Khan might not have the worst queue configuration but it has the worst loading policies. It has an attendant assigning rows (fair enough) yet they won't let you pick first or very last row even though there is a separate queue for both rows already set up in the station. Wouldn't it be easier to assign rows from 2-6 and let those folks who want to ride front or back wait a bit more?

Yes, it is pretty annoying. I was lucky to get two front row rides but that was simply because they wanted a single rider to fill the rows and I was alone.

SFGAm's Viper station can be a mess since there is no one controlling it since you have the wide open space before getting lined up for your seat. Raging Bull's station is also a bit narrow once you enter it, sometimes having to wait until some people board the train to make your way to back.

The Beast's station can be a bit confusing since the air gates are set for the four seater train the ride originally opened with instead of the three seaters they use now. Sometimes I have to check which row is the non-wheel seat before lining up, which is where I always ride if I'm not waiting for the front.

I selfishly love El Toro's station. Minimal waits for the best seat on the train (one from the back). At least you guys fill the rows, Kingda Ka routinely sends the second row out empty because nobody can get to that line thanks to the insane bottleneck in the station.

Definitely Xcelerator. It would be better if there were 1 line per row instead of 1 line per car so people do not have to fight for the very front row.

I agree... this has to be the worst setup ever.

The station is fine on SFGAm's American Eagle but it has a ridiculously long path around the kids rides and Dare Devil Dive just to get to the station.

I'd agree on Beast, Dragster, Outlaw Run being somewhat confusing. Without supervision they turn into a real mess.

Any station where the exit is a series of long, unavoidable ramps is unfortunate.

I'll throw the Great White at Morey's on this list, as you enter next to the front row which creates a mess of people in no particular order waiting for that front row.

Before the renevations, Volcano was pretty bad. The loading platform where the airgates were located were so narrow you'd have to squeeze your way through a crowd of people in order to get to the other rows. The new station set up is much better.

Skyrush, Skyrush, Skyrush!

I just can't believe Hershey couldn't figure out a way to squeeze in a staircase on the opposite side of the station to eliminate having to load and unload guests on the same side.

Oh yeah I forgot about SkyRush. I'm sure there has to be enough room for an exit

Yeah this is always an issue going into the station of Toro but I have absolutely NO problem saying to folks with me "just follow me" and pushing my way through that crowd to get to the back. There usually is never any problem after you get past the first couple of rows.

I hate rebel yell's at Kings Dominion. First of all, the line wanders around everywhere when it doesn't have to, as it never fills up that far. Pretty sure they never updated the queue from back when the park opened. And then, once you exit the ride, the exit ramp takes you all around, which is really unnecessary, since the exit line even comes up right next to the sidewalk. It could just deposit you there, but instead it takes you all the way around. Really drives me crazy.

^agreed, I only rode it once when it was a walk on but I didn't want to walk all that way to ride again...lazy I know but dang that was a long one.

I felt like the queve for Goliath at SFOG was pretty terrible. Felt like it takes forever to walk up to the station, and even longer leaving the station down the long ramps to the gift shop.