TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When brakes bite hard

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of brakes biting hard. . . Maurer Söhne skyloops are AWFUL!!! The brakes on the tower seriously HURT. Not sure why it is the way that it is, but it's enough to keep me away from those coasters. It's like a bad trip to the chiropractor. For an example, just take a look at the video below:

Raven, Holiday World

Every single ride on Raven has ended in a ridiculously hard stop. I know it comes flying into the brake run, but dear lord...

The ride was originally designed to come to a complete stop when it entered the station. It wasn't until they added the second train that it became a really hard stop on the brake-run out of necessity to keep the two trains far enough apart from tripping a sensor. I always though Legend was worse until this year. They added more brakes and programmed it to come to a smoother stop.

The sudden stop on Bizarro at GADV when the third train stacks is also pretty bad.

I love how you say "when the third train stacks" instead of "on absolutely every cycle". Way to keep it positive! Maybe one day they'll perform a miracle and dispatch a train.

Standard Boomerang brakes are pretty bad.

I second this. In the front of the train you start breaking hard immediately after exiting the cobra roll. This caused me to slam my head into the seat the last time I was on it. It's much smoother on the Invertigo models where you fly up the spike, break naturally through gravity, and are lowered into the station.

Standard Boomerang brakes are pretty bad.

I second this. In the front of the train you start breaking hard immediately after exiting the cobra roll. This caused me to slam my head into the seat the last time I was on it. It's much smoother on the Invertigo models where you fly up the spike, break naturally through gravity, and are lowered into the station.

I guess it's a good thing that they've retrofitted some of them with magnetic brakes.

On the rare occasion that Canyon Blaster at The Adventuredome is running two trains when it is extremely busy, just hope that you are not on a train that stacks behind the station, it comes hauling in to a sudden stop at the transfer brakes!

Luckily their operations are great there and they rarely stack.

• 6 months later...

I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned Kumba. First time I rode it I was slammed into the restraints with the force of a hundred supernovas. It wasn't as bad all the other times I rode it, but the brake run was still pretty abrupt