TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

I think my first major coaster was the Whizzer at Marriot's Great America in Santa Clara...I remember freaking out because there were no seatbelts. But the same day I was riding the Demon, and it became the day fell in love with coasters!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 15, I will be 16 soon, and my First coaster was the Omega side of Space Mountain at Walt Disnety World.

It scared the crap out of me.

I wouldn't ride it again until I was 13.

A year later, I rode Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and I was no longer afraid of inversions.

Later, I rode my first B&M, and now I'm not afraid of any ride.

I'm 39. My first coaster was the Zephyr at Ponchatrain Beach in New Orleans in about 1974 or 1975. My first ride scared the heck out of me (those fiberglass tunnels got to me). My second ride got me hooked!

I'm 36. The first coaster I rode was the Super Screamer at Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa. They took it down in 1999, and I still miss this coaster. Someday I'll make it to Redlands, California so that I can ride it again!

Wow, I'm sorta surprised how young the board is. But then again, I didn't become what you would call an "enthusiast" until I was at least 16.

Oh, and my first coaster was either Gadget's Go Coaster or Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland (I think I rode Big Thunder before I turned 9, when Toontown opened, but I have a memory of riding Gadget's and thinking it was my first, so I'm not really sure).