TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 till Halloween, and I would imagine the first ride was either Scooby or Galxay at KD when I would've been @ 5 - 6 years old. My first big memory was my dad dragging me on Nessie at BGtOC and swearing from that point I would never ride another coaster again! I was shaking and scared and all I could remember was "falling" out of my seat on the first drop. I guess that was my first airtime moment and I did not like it!!!! That would've been around 7 years old I believe.

• 3 months later...

I'm 23 and my first coaster was Hersheypark's Comet when I was 6. I hated it and all I remember is looking down at my Little Mermaid shoes wishing the ride would end. But coasters continued to fascinate me, and soon enough that fear disappeared and I became the nerd that I am today .

~Megan

Im 36 and the first coaster I remember was the Little Dipper at Conneaut Lake. Other firsts were the Big Dipper and Cyclone at Geauga Lake.

I think I was too young to ride Geauga Lakes little Dipper, which was removed at the end of 1975

I'm 19. The first roller coaster I think I rode was Jaguar (Knotts Berry Farm).

I was not tall enough to ride Montezuma's Revenge.

I don't know what year this was...probably 1996 or 1997. Anyways, I remember my uncle took me to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1998 and I wasn't tall enough to ride the two premier rides at the time, Batman: The Ride or Riddler's Revenge. lol.

I am 45, the first actual coaster I ever rode was the River King Mine train at Six Flags over mid America (SFSTL). I was 8 years old, it was the removed "B" side, and I remember it scared the heck out of me.

after that the next coaster I rode was 4 years later when the Screamin Eagle opened at the park. Loved that coaster so much, it still to this day is my all time top favorite wooden coaster, and I usually ride it 40-60 times a season!