TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 18, and i am also a Ride Attendant atop the Stratosphere Tower In Las Vegas, NV USA.

My first coaster was the Desperado (Primm Nevada) at the time it was the tallest and fastest coaster ever built. When i first rode i was only 7 years old. Unfortunately the coaster has not aged too well. Now its only open on Holiday breaks, and weekends only. It is really sad. I think the coaster should be moved where it can be ridden more.

well been reading the forums a bit and decided this was a good first post.

I am 17 now and turn 18 on April 1st this year (no Joke)

My first ride was the Matterhorn at Disneyland when I was about 9 years old. (at least I think I was 9 or so) To this day I still love that ride.

Matt - Good times on the matterhorn

im 11. My first coaster was this coaster part of a fair in albany, but i can't remember the name. I think it was a clone of Knoebel's HSTC though. But I only started getting obsessed, and I mean obsessed, when i first rode darien lake's predator in 2002

I'm 45; my first coaster was probably some kiddie model at a carnival. Supposedly, I rode the Sea Serpent at long gone Pacific Ocean Park back in the early '60s (I don't remember it, but my mom says I did).

The first one I remember is the Matterhorn at Disneyland. I can't believe I was actually terrified of that, and now it's almost a kiddie ride for me. My daughter (age 14) and I just rode it a week and a half ago and it was a blast.

Eric

My first coaster was Space Mountain at WDW. I don't remember what year it was, but it was certainly awesome to me at the time being a wee child. Eventually my first "big" coaster was Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa, FL.

Ahh, memories.

I am currently 19, going on 20 in April.

The first coaster I rode, probably was a transportable ride on a local funfair. I really can't remember exactly which coaster it was. The first coaster I rode that was in a park, probably was "Roller" in Télécoo Amusementpark in Belgium. I remember riding it over and over. At the time I was about 8 years old I guess. At that age I didn't have the courage to board on a looping-coaster. In fact, I rode my first looping coaster when I was about 17 years old. The name of this particular coaster is Tornado, and it's a real Vekoma Location of the coaster is Hellendoorn in the Netherlands.

I'm 35, and hopefully not older than Robb.

First coaster was Knott's corkscrew in 77 I believe. I was petrified going up the hill, and to this day clearly remember how Arrow corkscrews are heavily banked on that 180 at the top of the lift, because I was on the inside seat and thought I was going to fall out. Afterwards I wanted to ride again. Sadly, the line was just too long. Motorcycle Racers was nearly completely built.

Rastus

I thought the same thing when I realized Robb was 35. Then I realized he was born in January 1970 (I was born October 1969), and got depressed...

None of us 35 year olds are the oldest members, but we're still twice as old as a good portion of the membership. lackeye:

Since I'll be 36 in May, I'm even more depressed!

I graduated high school on my 18th birthday. I simply can not believe that I have been out of high school almost as long as I had lived up to that point. I mean, it just blows my mind.

I can see that mid-life crisis/mental breakdown speeding right at me...

But, I still ACT like I'm 18 (my wife says 12), and those 18 year-old girls still look great (my wife says I'm a pervert). Plus, I'm in a kickball league! So, I'm still holding on to childhood as much as possible.

Rastus