TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the few, the proud, upper 30-something crowd. My first big coaster was the Mind Bender at SFOG. I was probably about 12. I had ridden the Dahlonega as soon as I was tall enough, and it scared me off coasters for a pretty good while. After Mind Bender, there was no turning back!

I have a home video of me when I was like 4/5 from dorney and I went on the little laser. So as of now thats my first roller coaster, but I still think there might have been something at seaside heights in NJ.

Yay for the upper 30-something crowd! My first coaster was the Runaway Mine Train at SFOT. I believe I was about 5 or 6. One of my most vivid memories is of riding The Shockwave (SFOT) for the 1st time in 1978 at the age of 10. That is probably what sparked my love of coasters and it is still one of my favs.

I just learned a couple things...

1. I'm somewhat of a senior citizen on here

2. The name of my first coaster was "Cyclone". It was a wild mouse at Geauga Lake- I always thought it was just called Wild Mouse, but I saw it in the rcdatabase. I was 8. I loved it!

I was 6 when I rode my first roller coaster. I believe it was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland, but I also remember Gadget's Go Coaster being rather early on in the credit list, but I'm not sure it quite existed on my first DL trip.

I'm 39 and my first coaster was Corkscrew at Alton Towers in 1983 or 1984. My son is 15 and he just road a bunch of coasters on holiday (vacation) in Florida. His first was Kraken, boy he looked scared! My wife is 38 and road her first coaster on the same vacation. It was Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster.

I'm 34, My 1st coaster was either Zingo or Wildcat at Bell's in Tulsa. It's funny looking back on them, I remember as a kid wishing I lived closer to bigger park that had bigger and faster coasters. All along I had a great John Allen Woodie and a small Schwarzkopf Steel coaster in my own back yard.

I'm 48 and my first official coaster was the "yellow" coaster at Crystal Beach in Ontario back in the 60's. I was probably about 7-8.

But....our next door neighbor had a coaster the dad had put together - (they had these back in the 60's that you could assemble in your yard) - so that may have actually been my first coaster around age 4! NOT like the little tykes plastic ones - this one probably went about 6-8 feet in the air - which is significant when you're 4!

I'm 22 and my first coaster was Some powered coaster at a garden expo in wales.... My first real coaster i can remember was Python at Busch Gardens Tampa.

Man that poll makes ME old...

Does anyone know what the Male to Female Ratio is? it seems to me that TPR has a much higher ratio than many other sites i frequent.

I remember, I was about 3 years old, and it was at Walibi Rhone Alpes, I wanted to ride La coccinelle des Andes, I didn't know how it would be, and I was really terrified (I cried from the first drop to the end!), since I still afraid by roller coasters (well in fact I don't try to ride them ), that's strange when we know that I love it... I don't know what are the feelings in a coasters, but I look them with philosophy, I find them really beautiful and liberator.....

I'm 22.

My first coaster might have been the Comet at Hershey Park. I have been interested in amusement rides since I was about seven, when my aunt took me to Disney and Universal. Of course I was afraid of everything. But my trip to Florida in 05 is what really got me going with coasters. Particularly Rock N Rollercoaster.

• 2 months later...