TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 24, and, while I can't remember what the first coaster I actually rode was, I know for certain that the first inverting coaster I ever rode was "Batman: The Ride" at SFGAdv when I was around the age of twelve.

Coindentally, that was Monica's first looping coaster, too.

• 1 month later...

My first coaster was Trailblazer at Hersheypark when I was 8, but my first "real" coaster at Hersheypark last year when I was 14.With 9 credits so far, it looks like I got a little more riding to do this year!

I'm 32 & the first coaster I really remembering riding & the one that made me fall in love with coasters was the old Tidal Wave at SFGAm (then Viper at SFOG & now Greezed Lightnin' at SFKK) when I was 10 - I rode it 10 times in a row. I remember doing a bunch of coasters prior to that - ie: American Eagle, Whizzer, a couple at Old Chicago & Kiddieland when I was a fetus - but my life changed the first time I went upside down on a coaster & it's the first lasting coaster impression I have. I actually got to ride my old Tidal Wave this past weekend at SFKK & I still enjoyed it as much as I did the first time - something about those perfect Schwarzkopf shuttle loops...

Wait. A memory just came to me. Cedar Point. 1980. I was 5 years old & lost a front tooth on Gemini's first drop. That's my first real coaster memory. It gets harder to recall the older I get.

My first post I guess I rode kiddie coasters when I was a lot younger, but the first 'proper' coaster I rode was Corkscrew at Alton Towers. I'm not sure about my exact age but I think I was about 8 or 9, I can actually remember holding on for dear life, and my arms hurting afterwards. Infact I also remember me and my mum were at the front of the line and I was too scared to sit at the front or back so to her disappointment I made us sit right in the middle!

Im now 20!

My first coaster was a kiddie one called "Nessie"(after the Lochness monster) which was situated at our local beach. Its kinda like the beastie at Alton Towers. Not sure if its a credit as its no longer there but I remember it used to cost like 50p to ride and I used to go on it at least 2 or 3 times lol. If it was quiet, they used to let us ride for free! lol

Am 16, not sure what my first coaster was.

Is likely that it was Runaway Mine Train or Beastie at Alton Towers. Although, it could be Runaway Train at Chessington, not sure.

I know my first looping coaster was Irn Bru Revolution at Blackpool PB. Was alright .

Dan

My first coaster was..Space Mountain at Disneyland. Apparently I cried because the music was too loud and it beat the crap out of my ears, can you say head banger? Oddly enough my first "big" coaster was Kong..an SLC. More head banging! But it still has a place near and dear to my heart.

My first coaster was (despite having lived in England all my life) the Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. I was 5 and back and riding with my dad the lap bar did absolutely nothing - after the double dip i somehow ended up on my knees on the floor of the car. One of the scariest moments of my life!!

I'll be 22 in July. I've always assumed that my first coaster was Beastie at Alton Towers, though it's actually just as like to be Big Thunder at WDW... One or the other, I'd guess. I'm not even sure how old I was... Maybe 8 or so?

I cant even participate int he poll!

Wait, I'm confused. Why wouldn't you be able to participate in the poll? Don't you know how old you are?!?!

The poll isn't "How old were you when you went on your first coaster" the poll is "How are ARE YOU" and "What what your first coaster."

--Robb

^ Ok, again, the poll is *NOT* "How old you were when you rode your first coaster" the poll is "how old are you *NOW*, oh, and BTW, tell us what your first coaster was."

Am I explaining this correctly? It just doesn't seem that difficult to understand to me.

--Robb "I edited the poll question to make it more idiot proof." Alvey

I still cant work out the question, Robb!

First coaster i rode would have had to be the stock standard, "pack me up on a truck, im a travelling heap of junk", Mouse coasters that travel around to events. This one was in Perth (Western Australia) and i'd be stuffed if i can remember the name.

Its not a very safe ride though; a couple of dangerous shutdowns and dislodged carts have come off the tracks since i can remember, however they keep letting it come to the same show every year to operate. Crazy.

Forget about comfort. It's over rated anyway.