TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

Now that the forums have been around for a couple of weeks, and we've gotten 400 members, I've noticed a vast age range on the boards so far.

Everything from 12 years to 50 seems to be represented! I'm actually really impressed! It's a good mix!

Anyway, please vote for your age range and tell us what the first coaster you remember riding was!

As for my 1st coaster I remember riding. It was either Big Bend at SFOT in 1976 or Space Mountain in 1977.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, this is what I get for posting at 2am

I hit the wrong button and voted for 12-15, and while mentally the age is correct, physically it is incorrect, I'm 29

Anyway, the first coaster I ever was on is the Giant Dipper at the SCBB. I would say that was in approx 1985 maybe 86

I am missing that coaster, good thing the park is year round, when I go visit family I will have to ride it again

I'm sure I rode little kiddie dragon coasters that are always at fairs and stuff, but the first actual big roller coaster was the Tornado at Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa. I remember going up the lift hill an being scared. Although I went on a few other coasters that day. I don't really know how old I was but I'm guessing about 7. Now I have ridden the Tornado probably about 100 times.

I'm 25 right now. My first coaster ride was back in 1984 when I was 3. It was the Flitzer on Morey's Pier, rode it with my grandmother. Traumatized me for years. I wouldn't step foot on another coaster until Big Thunder Mountain at WDW in 1988.

First looping coaster was Sidewinder at Hersheypark in 1991, followed by my first wooden coaster, Comet at Hersheypark. Ah the memories....

I'm 19. My first coaster was the Beastie at PKI in about 1988 or '89. Though I was only 3 or 4, I remember a slight amount about that trip. I remember being taken on a coaster and being so scared 'cause I felt like I was 300 ft about the ground. Later in life, I identified this coaster as the Beastie.

Maybe my age is showing but i couldnt tell you what my first roller coaster ride was. I know it was at the old Dandelion Park in Muskego Wisc. and believe it was a ride called Wildd Mouse and that this took place in the late 1960's/eaqrly 1970's.

A rider later was killed on this ride and it wasnt long that this park was closed for good.