TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

I believe... my first coaster was actually a looping one. I was about 7 when Batman: the Ride first opened (estimate, it might have been one or two yrs old) My older sister dared me to go on with her, and I did. It was like a 2 hour wait, but it was SOOOO worth it then.

about 12 years and 100 coasters later, it's now pretty bleh.

-This looks like a job for.... SUPERBILL!!!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Eric I'm 32 years old, coming from Germany.

My first ride on a coaster ever was at the age of 10 (in 1983),

it was with the "Himalaya-Bahn" now "Alpina-Bahn" a travelling

Schwarzkopf coaster at the big funfair Dusseldorf/Germany when

it had it's premiere.

Some nice details about Schwarzkopf-coasters and the Himalayabahn especially

The third picture shows the coaster at the yearly Dusseldorf funfair on the bank of the river "Rhine".

Hi,

I`m not really sure, but I think my first Coaster was the Superwirbel at Holiday Park, when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old.

For those who don`t know, it`s a standard Vekoma Corkscrew. I actually had to ride it, because my parents wanted to go on it and they didn`t want me to wait outside alone. I was so scared and closed my eyes during the whole ride. Actually I didn`t enjoy coasters for a long time. Though I always loved to go to theme- / amusement parks.

My 1st coaster was Big Bend @ SFOT, sometime in the 70's. I hated it so much that I rode mabe 3 others in the next 25 years. Then I got forced onto The Boss at age 40 and have been hooked ever since. (age 46)

• 11 months later...

i lost my virginity on either the matterhorn, btmr, or gadgets go coaster in like 1994 or 95...i lost my big coaster virginity on the texas giant a while back....and i lost my launched, intamin, and inversion virginity all in one on california screamin'-still my favorite roller coaster

My first coaster was the Mighty Canadian Minebuster at PCW. I remember being really scared going down the first drop, and not really liking it. That was a very very long time ago. It must have been in the late 1980's or so.

My first looping experience didn't happen until 1997, when I rode Alpengeist at BGE. It took a long time from my first coaster to my first inversion.

My first coaster was the Roaring 20's Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm. The following year, I was wasn't allowed to ride it because I was too short. I'm not sure how I was able to ride it the first time, unless the height limit was increased.

My first coaster was the called Coaster at the now defunct Nunley's in Baldwin, NY. It was a small kiddie coaster (not powered) and I was about 4 years old (yeah I started young).

My first BIG coaster was Rolling Thunder at SFGadv when I was about 7.

And my first looping coaster was GASM at SFGadv when I was about 11.

The funny thing is I have been riding coasters before I was born. Thats right no lie. My mother went to cedar point when she was pregnat with me. She said she rode the Raptor and Magnum. I guess that is why I love coasters so much.

How did your mom ride Raptor in 1990 when it opened in 1994?

Any how I was 5 when I whet on Ghostrider. Robb where is the

10 year-old option!

I'm 14.

My first coaster was a kiddie at the Winnesheik County Fair in Decorah, Iowa when I was 2 or 3, but the first coaster I remember riding is Mild Thing at Valleyfair! when I was 4. So I've been hooked since the age of three.

The funny thing is I have been riding coasters before I was born. Thats right no lie. My mother went to cedar point when she was pregnat with me. She said she rode the Raptor and Magnum. I guess that is why I love coasters so much.

How did your mom ride Raptor in 1990 when it opened in 1994?

Any how I was 5 when I whet on Ghostrider. Robb where is the

10 year-old option!

Maybe it wasn't raptor but I know she rode Magnum.

I am now 35, but I didn't ride my first coaster until I was 10.

My first coaster was the Screechin' Eagle @ Americana/LeSourdsville Lake in Middletown, Oh.

My first steel coaster was the Screamin' Demon @ King's Island.

I'm 41 and the first coaster I rode was Mad Mouse at the defunct

Chain-of-Rocks Park in St. Louis in about 1971-72?

This was same model as at Little A-Merrik-A except first turn at top of lift was at edge of a cliff. I always thought the car was going to fly off and fall over cliff.