TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

Geez - you guys are making me old! I'm pushing quarter-century now!

I remember going to LOMB in Hope, a town that is over an hour's drive on Route 80 West from my childhood home in Clifton, NJ. My first coaster was the Thriller. It was a kiddie coaster (I was, like 4 at the time.)

Proud to be living about 16 miles or so from BGT, where I rode my first major one (Scorpion) at age 6!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 31, and the first coaster I remember is the Kiddie coaster at Joyland in Lubbock, TX. My first "big" coaster was the Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion. I was 8 years old, and I remember my Dad made a big deal about it because he loves coasters too and my Mom won't ride them!

I'm 25.

Probably Whizzer or Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great America but I don't remember. I remember going to the park in 1990 (I was 3). But I don't remember what rides I went on if any that time. I do remember seeing Tidal Wave and seeing some Chinese Acrobatics show. I also remember being at Disneyworld that same year but I know I didn't go on any coasters. Most likely though is Whizzer is my first coaster even if it was a later year.

25. First coaster was some little thing at American Adventures with a buffalo head on the front of the thing...I was terrified of it as a young child.

First real coaster was the Georgia Cyclone at SFOG, followed immediately by the Georgia Scorcher on a band trip in middle school. Been hooked ever since (though riding Apollo's Chariot when I was in the 8th grade was what really blew my mind).

• 2 months later...
25. First coaster was some little thing at American Adventures with a buffalo head on the front of the thing...I was terrified of it as a young child.

You can still see that on the path to White Water.

Anyways, first coaster was Dahlonega Mine Train at SFOG or however you spell that. Thought it was an actual train, got on, and 4 year old me loved it.

First real coaster was Rock 'N' Rollercoaster at MGM, or Hollywood Studios or whatever.

• 1 month later...

21 Years old and I believe I was 5 or 6 when I went on my first roller coaster. I'm almost positive that roller coaster was the Phoenix at Knoebels. Despite having an obsession with roller coasters before I can remember, it wasn't until I was in my teens when I started to seriously start riding them.

I'm 34 and my first roller coaster was the Sky Streak at Boblo Island. As far as I know it was the only Sansei Yusoki manufactured roller coaster in the USA/Canada. In 1993 when the park closed, this roller coaster moved to Selva Mágica in Mexico.

This coaster might not look like much by todays standards but believe me, the air time on this thing was excellent.