TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing it was one of these four (ordered most likely to least likely):

-Gadget's Go Coaster at Disneyland

-Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland

-Freeway Coaster at Adventure City

-Timberline Twister at Knott's Berry Farm

Mine was Space Mountain at WDW, about a year after it had opened. It scared me half to death, and I was sure at the time that it went upside down, and unfortunately that experience kept me off of most coasters for 20 years.

Winja's fear and Force is listed* as my first coaster back in 2005.

*That it's listed as my first doesn't really mean it's my first. Back in 2010 I started to keep count of my credits this was the oldest coaster I could recall. I don't know if I and which coasters I rode before.

The Coasters at SCBB in 1976 when I was a year and a half old, not exactly sure which was first, but speaking with my Mother I believe it was most likely the Wild Mouse. That ride was torn down shortly after and trying to pick my families brains for more info from four decades ago isn't always the easiest thing to do. I wish we had the cell phones and compact cameras that are available nowadays.

Just out of a process of elimination I think it was probably something at Disneyland.

I think either Space Mountain, or Thunder Mountain are likely candidates because as a really young (I think I was three) I went to Disneyland for the first time. I was always tall for my age when growing up so I think I could have been tall enough then to ride them. I do not think I could have taken on the Matterhorn then because I have a firm memory of being terrified of the Yeti's roar as we walked by the ride.

If not Dinsey then it is definitely the Smurf Kiddie coaster at CGA (called Blue Streak then, now it is Woodstock Express) back when the kid's area was themed to the Smurfs. I really have fond memories of CGA's old Kid's area where, besides having rides, they had an entire Smurf Playground with Mushroom Houses.