TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 53. I'm sure there was a kiddie coaster I don't remember, but my first full-size coaster was the Skyliner at Roseland Park in Canandaigua, NY. I was probably 11 or 12 when I started riding it. I'm sure I was also riding the Bobsleds at Seabreeze (known as Dreamland Park in the 1960s) in Rochester, NY, too. But I never rode the Jack Rabbit at Seabreeze until 2 years ago. At some point in my late teens, I rode a Pirate Ship for the first and only time. The dropping sensation was so horrible that it made me reluctant to go on roller coasters for fear of the first hill. For a long time, I didn't visit parks at all. But I'm back, and I'm loving it! I'm a huge fan of the Phoenix at Knoebels.

Well I'm 26 now. I was 9 at the time and it was Thunderation at Silver Dollar City! It's that ride/park that started my love of Roller Coasters/Theme Parks. In fact The very next week I found my way on a friends trip to SFSTL . First thing I rode was Batman! I was just scared beyond belief of going upside down! I still remember how terrified I was going up that lift. I remember telling myself If I was going to be a roller coaster fan (Enthusiast was not yet in my vocabulary) that I was going to have to do it! I guess I willed myself into being a enthusiast. Is that normal? Either way as soon as that first loop had come and gone I realized I had found my hobby! I've been a huge dork ever since so thanks a lot roller coasters!

• 5 weeks later...

22, and unfortunately, I can't quite recall. I was ~8-10 when I first rode on the Dahlonega Mine Train and GASM at SFOG - which one came first, though, is a bit hazy. I would assume the former. I also went on Marvel Mania at then-Visionland not long after opening, which would have been about the same time.

My first coaster was Scooby Doo @ Carowinds. I belive I was 5 at the time. It scared me so bad I didn't get on another until I was about 13/14. Of course now there aren't any coasters that scare me...well maybe some of those Chinese knock offs I'll probably never get to ride.

The first legit coaster I ever rode was Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. I was 9, and thought I was brave enough for the back row. I may have miscalculated. The air time on the first drop was a remarkably startling experience.

(Air time on Iron Dragon? Huh? )

(On the same day, I waited nearly two and a half hours in the Berenstain Bears playground for my parents to get through the Raptor line.)

First legit coaster was XLR-8 at Astroworld and I was 8 years old in 1984. My first coaster with a loop was Viper at Astroworld and I was 14 in 1990, then rode Ultra Twister right after that and Greezed Lightning right after that. Needless to say 1990 is when I was hooked.