TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 13 years old and I'm from Spain.

I don't remember exactly in what year (aproximately 2002), but my first coaster was the defunct coaster "Las Cumbres" at Parque de atracciones de Madrid, Spain.

My first looping coaster was Superman: Ride of Steel, here "Superman: La atracción de acero" at Parque Warner also in Madrid.

I remember it was in 2005. I was only 7 years old, it was my birthday and when I realized I was in a 7 inversion floorless coaster, it was very late!! When I had ridden it and I saw my photo-ride, I started to laugh and laugh and I couldn't stop. My face was saying it all. I was very scared!! xD

My first coaster was the Comet at the now defunct Fontaine Ferry Park in Louisville, Kentucky. Built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Co., the Comet operated from 1951 until the park closed in 1969, and featured a 90-foot first drop and 3,800 feet of track. Great ride, responsible for my love of coasters to this day.

ffcoast4.jpg.2ecbb1d297b3073139cd3974ebc639ad.jpg

I'm now 37 and my first ever was Boomerang @ Bellewaerde Park when it was inaugurated in 84 (I was ten, you're good at maths !) . Advantage of starting on a Vekoma (if you enjoy it) is that almost all coasters to follow promise to be better And indeed, I was in for a revelation when the next 2 were Schwarzkopfs ! (Looping Star and Sirocco)

• 1 month later...