TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 39 (or "around 30" as I prefer to say...).

The first coaster I ever tried must have been Nyckelpigan (the small Zierer Tivoli at Gröna Lund in Stockholm), must have been in its first or second year operating, 1976 or 1977.

The first looping coaster was LisebergsLoopen at Liseberg, early 80s, most likely 1982. I believe this coaster still is operating in Brazil. Thats what I call relocation!

The first woodie was Rutschebanen at Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, perhaps in 1980 or something like that. Built in 1915, and as far as I know the oldest operating coaster in the world.

Scooby Doo now Ghost Coaster in Kings Dominion was my first coaster and it scared me. It's pretty big for a kiddie coaster compared to what they have today. After 2 laps I stopped riding coasters for a couple years.

• 2 weeks later...

My first memorable coaster was at a carnival in Hawaii. Just a small coaster with small dips, but right then and there I was hooked on roller coasters.

My first real amusement park credit is unknown, but possibly roller skater at SFKK.

I am currently twenty. My first roller coaster was Lightning Racer, Lightning side, front row. Started a trend - whenever I ride a roller coaster for the first time, I always wait for the front row.

I'm 50 and I honestly can't remember which was the first coaster I rode, but I know it was one of 3. . .

1) Matterhorn at DL

2) Wild Maus at the Nu Pike in Long Beach, CA.

3) The big coaster at the Pike we always called "The Decapitator" because someone did get their head chopped off on it, but I think it was really called the Cyclone.

Definitely went on all 3, just can't remember which one was first.

• 5 months later...