TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Thad's 2014 TPR Scandi Trip

I am beginning to think you write a diary every night on these trips your attention to detail is amazing!

I have my suspicions about this too!

Another great report Thad!

Sorry Joe, but it was truly one of the highlights of the trip when that Ride Op called you "Ma'am" & said you couldn't ride!

Nope, no diary. I have a really good memory, always have. That, along with looking through the pictures that I took helps me make out a timeline for the day. I took a lot of pictures this trip, because who knows if I'll ever get back to Scandinavia?

Personally I felt that whilst Polar X-Plorer had a fun outdoor section, everything that followed was almost embarrassing.

The theming quality (in fact, is quality even a word to use here) inside the mountain is nothing short of abysmal and the 'ending' of the ride, the way you travel at around 5mph over some hills into a corrugated tin shed where there are some penguins is very, very poor.

You can tell that budgets were stretched for the ride and I am afraid that for me, it doesn't live up to the standard I would expect of such a well known theme park.

Perhaps being given the VIP treatment gave you a better impression of it, but for me I was really quite unimpressed with the job on it.

I thought the theming was great, considering most coasters have none, and I wouldn't expect them to send a coaster train ripping through an animal habitat at high speeds. The park is after all designed for children.

Totally agree. Had nothing to do with how we were treated, it was an awesome ride.

I thought the theming was great, considering most coasters have none, and I wouldn't expect them to send a coaster train ripping through an animal habitat at high speeds. The park is after all designed for children.

Well, I've seen it all now. I agree with Caesar.

While I can respect your opinion, AstroDan, I don't agree with it. I'm guessing that kids love it, and like Caesar said, you're supposed to go slow so you can see the "animals". I've had the VIP treatment on plenty of rides that I didn't like, so I don't think that had anything to do with my perspective.

Elissa, if I remember correctly, KT enjoyed the ride didn't she? Shawn and I rode behind her and Robb and it seemed like she really enjoyed it. I think her opinion of the ride means a whole lot more than a bunch of adult coaster nerds.

I've had the VIP treatment on plenty of rides that I didn't like, so I don't think that had anything to do with my perspective.

Exactly--no "VIP treatment" is ever going to make a crappy ride seem better.

Legoland Billund looks awesome. I went to Legoland Florida for the first time this summer and was kind of underwhelmed by the place. I get that it's a kids park but it felt like a couple of true "family" attractions like Ghost or the Polar X-Plorer would have made that park much more complete. The water park in Florida was nice but other than the mouse coaster I feel like kids over the age of about 10 will be bored with that place.

I finally caught up your TR. It's great that you remember all these details. I also like that your calling people out on everything. No one is safe. Can't wait to read more updates.

I went back and forth on the calling out thing, but decided it was worth it. No one should behave like that.

I finally caught up your TR. It's great that you remember all these details. I also like that your calling people out on everything. No one is safe. Can't wait to read more updates.

I went back and forth on the calling out thing, but decided it was worth it. No one should behave like that.

I would say you've been quite kind so far, Thad. I mean there's been no mention of the award winning quote from this day about smelling worse than a homeless person. (No, I'm not naming the person responsible for the quote)

I love reliving these trip memories. You have a excellent memory!

As for Polar Explorer, I felt Legoland did an excellent job with the ride, it was so much fun! Surprise in the middle, and the ride hit the target market perfectly!

Great update, Thad. Legoland was definitely a park that was better than I'd expected, and Polar Explorer was a great surprise. I didn't mind Ghost either, definitely targeted towards a younger audience but the theming was alright, especially the giant spider out the front.

I've been waiting for Thad to post his report on Tivoli Friheden so that I can post a picture pertaining to the evening. But I can't wait any longer as I'm off to Japan tomorrow (oh, and South Korea - yes, CAN'T WAIT to ride T-Express!!) so I will have to post this photo now.

Context: There were a couple of arguments between English speaking people from different countries and different scholastical systems during dinner at Tivoli Friheden. (Steve, I still support you regarding the existence of wind burn mate!)

However, with regards to the principal argument of the evening, the Spring Valley juice company would now like to enter the debate! And I support them! I don't recognise "y" as a vowel! heehee

1199351950_TPRVowels_resize.jpg.dd39255f43ab3ca9c5751ad66e2a2c5a.jpg