TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Thad's 2014 TPR Scandi Trip

Great update Thad! Piraten was certainly a tight squeeze, the bruises were worth it though - superb coaster! I had forgotten about the jungle ride, epic length and the ride vehicle is a banana - what's not to love?

Soon...

This was one of my favorite parks of the trip, as there were a ton of great rides (Piraten, the jungle ride, and the rapids all come to mind) and lots of weird little activities. One of my favorites was the obstacle course that included a little pond with stepping stones to get across, and timed water sprayers (I recall someone falling in). And later someone found that some of those ground-level trampolines were conveniently located above large puddles of water.

On a nerd note, I think their log flume was the same model as the ones at BonBonland and Farup Sommerland, with the 3 drops all located in one central pile.

I think this was also the park with wave-swinger that would spin in reverse.

Another great update. I really enjoyed this park and thought they had a great line up of rides. Throwing the wet towel back at the ride op was hilarious and one of the best ways to make that simple ride one of my favorite experiences of the trip. Oh and the park had some good photo ops:

image.thumb.jpg.74c94556caca83f4cd39b52bd810cd19.jpg

Great update, and amazing stories through the entire TR! Keep up the entertaining work.

I can't wait to go back to Djurs, hopefully this summer. With their new kiddie area, the park will add another level to a great selection of family rides.

On a nerd note, I think their log flume was the same model as the ones at BonBonland and Farup Sommerland, with the 3 drops all located in one central pile.

You're right about the Fårup Sommerland flume, it's the exact same layout, but the one at BonBonLand is a smaller layout with only two drops, kinda figure-eight layout

• 1 month later...

I've somehow stumbled across this thread and all I can say is THANK YOU, Thad, for giving me hilarious after-work (and sometimes, instead of work) lecture during the last three days. Coasters, a non-european view on some European parks, lots of pics and random injuries, what else could I wish for? I don't know any of you guys, but just reading this report makes you all seem like such a great bunch to hang out with. I haven't read what stations the tour included, but I hope your Scandi trip was not over with the last park so you can keep on entertaining me.

• 1 month later...
Any chance to see an update soon?

I wish I could say yes, but right now I don't think I'll be able to do anything before I leave for Japan in a month. I had a little free time the other day and started working on the next edition, but it was just a little piece. I promise that I'll finish, because I really do want to cover the rest of the parks. Most importantly, there's a little park in Sweden that you might know something about, Pontus.

Do not poke the bear in his den!

Chuck knows...