TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Six Flags Wild Northwest-Steel Hawk POV!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 16th,2002

It looks like Six Flags Wild Northwest has something planned for next year, I've got no idea what it could be, but we'll know on September 8th! I'll even be visiting the park that day. Here is what the park has released so far! Teaser Site

Here is the clue that is posted on the actual site!

"THEY"RE SMALL BUT MIGHTY!"

-Josh Himmer

August 23rd, 2002

Another clue has been added tho the teaser site!

"I THINK I"M GOING TO BE SICK!"

The park has said that there will be a live announcement at the park, it happens to be the day I'll be visiting, so I'm going to take tons og photos of the announcement!

-Josh Himmer

Edited by Atter

Tony Hawk's Big Spin perhaps???

Remember that these are hint for Six Flags Wild Northwest's 2003 ride, so Tony Hawk's Big Spin did not come in to the Six Flags chain until 2007. They can still get a spinning coaster and maybe rename it to "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" in 2007 or 2008, but by the time 2011 come around they're going to have rename it "Pandemonium"!

The local news station here is doing a segment on what will be added for 2003! The park manager, Peter Butler will be talking about it and there will also be a Q&A session during the segment about the what is being added! The news station is asking people to submit a question and it could be asked on live television! If you have a question about this new addition, then submit one below and it could be used!

-Josh Himmer

----------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I thought I would try it. I was going to make up the questions, but I thought it would be more interesting if they came from actual people, if no one has any questions then I'll just do what I was originally going to do. So, anyway if you do have a question, then post one and "I will" answer it in the next update!

-Atter

August 30th, 2002

The park has released the third clue, it looks like there will be a total of four because they have been releasing one every week, so that means only one more before September 8th!

"44 is a fun number! So is 243! Are these numbers related to what's new for 2003?"

Don't forget to submit questions for the Q&A. The segment is in 3 days from now!

-Josh Himmer

I've Cracked it!! Well, sorta.

2003 - 44 = 1959

1959 was the year of the first steel tubular track coaster, Matterhorn, at Disneyland.

243 comes from this article on Wikipedia...

Arrow Dynamic's forerunner, Arrow Development, was founded in 1946 when Ed Morgan, Karl Bacon, Bill Hardiman, and Angus "Andy" Anderson, started a small machine shop at 243 Moffett Boulevard, just north of downtown Mountain View, California.

Even though the company went out in Oct. 2002, this has something do with Arrow Dynamics.

"Small, but mighty." Bobsleds are small, but quite mighty on the speed. The colors of the text on the teaser site have a winter feel to them...

Bayern Kurve, or something.

My question is "Is this going to be small, or something huge?"

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Tony Hawk's Big Spin perhaps???

Remember that these are hint for Six Flags Wild Northwest's 2003 ride, so Tony Hawk's Big Spin did not come in to the Six Flags chain until 2007. They can still get a spinning coaster and maybe rename it to "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" in 2007 or 2008, but by the time 2011 come around they're going to have rename it "Pandemonium"!

Read my post again with this in mind

So I created my first RCT3 video, it is my first one so it was basically just a test to see how to do it, so here it is.

-Atter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I forgot that while I was at the park on my last visit I recorded some off-ride footage of Batman:The Ride, here is what I took!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuTp4Bg7ZA

On a other note, the news segment is tonight, but you can still submit a question!

-Josh HImmer

Last night was the segment with Peter Butler, here is the entire article about the new addition, which will announcement on 9-8-02!

Tonight we had a special guest, the park manager from the amusement park, Six Flags Wild Northwest. He was here to tlak about what the park is adding next year, so I'm sure most of you are excited to figure out what he shared with us. First off he gave us the final piece of the puzzle,"IS IT THRILLING? FOR SOME IT COULD BE!". He explained that "The park is trying to boost attendance, we don't want to repeat history, I'm sure this addition will do what we want it to do, which is to bring more people to the park!" We also had a Q&A about the new addition, we had some questions submitted from many people, but Peter only agreed to do just three. Here were the results!

"Will this be another roller coaster or a flat ride, or maybe another water ride?", submitted by IronWolfman.

-I can say that it is 2 out of the 3 of these things! It's not just one single attraction!

"Is this going to be small, or something huge?", submitted by JonnyRCT3.

-It could be considered huge to some, but it's not as big as our last expansion, Gotham City.

"What manufacturer is making the ride",submitted by Josh Himmer.

-All I can say is one of the attractions will be from Europe!

Thank you to all that submitted a question, stay tuned for the announcement!

Cool, they used my question I submitted! Anyway, I can't wait to find out what this is!

-Josh Himmer

Edited by Atter

September 8th, 2002

BIG BARN FIELDS, a brand new family area that will add four new rides to Six Flags Wild Northwest, which all are just right for the entire family! This expansion will include Corn Stalk, a small tower ride that bounces up and down! Barn Owl, a relaxing flying type ride that swings around as you see the sights! Balloon Flight, a spinning balloon ride that goes up,up,and away! Rodent Rampage, a brand new roller coaster for the whole family! A fast paced, spinning coaster with dips and quick turns, this ride is sure to make you smile! Enjoy a visit to Big Barn Fields and take a ride on some amazing new attractions in 2003!

The park released this video showing off what is coming in 2003!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8EA81YGqA

BeFunky_Cartoonizer_233.jpg.thumb.jpg.156982235a58c017f194b543ab9a1d3b.jpg

Rodent Rampage!

balloon.thumb.jpg.680ca1834f89a9ac8ca06cb6da4de227.jpg

Balloon Flight!

owl.thumb.jpg.ffc81ea456f81004128a97ce45abaec5.jpg

Barn Owl!

Also, a statement from the Park Manager, Peter Butler.

"We are so excited to show of Big Barn Fields to everyone! I just wanted to say that this idea is thanks to the entire group of employees and staff here at Six Flags Wild Northwest! The company had originally decided to add Looney Tunes World, but because of everyones efforts, we managed to continue with the more nice and small type of addition. I realize we used the Batman franchise this year, so we all decided that we didn't want to push every single license the Six Flags owns not the park. I grew up in Oregon, so when this park first opened, I was thrilled to see a largish park be added, now I'm manager and I want to keep it the same! Once again we are really excited to open this up next year!"

Edited by Atter