TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Six Flags Wild Northwest-Steel Hawk POV!

Thunderstorm looks great at Wild Northwest. This should at least get peoples attention, seeing how tall it is. Its a shame that the park isn't putting much effort into marketing, you'd think they'd at least want to.

Anyways, good looking park so far. I REALLY like the station on Beaver Express. I also like SteelHawk's layout!

P.S.

Once the park opened to the public I decided to go ride Ricochet for the first time in a long time!

I would never give an SLC a second chance after something like that. No way, no how.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trip Report(Sort of)-July 28th, 2000

I visited the park one last time for the summer today. I'm leaving for college in a couple of days, but I'll be back for the holidays in December for the event! This is kinda embarrassing, but I left my camera in at my house, so I didn't take any photos. Instead I'll show off some of these really cool aerial shots that park released! As for the park itself, it was not the best day. Ricochet was closed again for some reason( I don't think it was for the same reason) and Wave Swinger and Northwest Wheel were closed too! I asked why they were closed and they said they weren't expecting many crowds today and decided to close some rides to save on costs. Every ride was a walk on and it is July! I feel bad for the park, but it seems like they aren't trying, which is why they seem to be failing. OK, enough of that, here are the aerial shots!

644417823_ScreenShot2014-07-30at2_08_08PM.thumb.png.e521b2d5b20a046339c08dcc5ac26032.png

Thunderstorm from above.

565433042_ScreenShot2014-07-30at2_08_25PM.thumb.png.6102901add4c9401b669b0c01cee730e.png

Aerial shot of Thunderstorm area.

1016708272_ScreenShot2014-08-03at9_15_00AM.thumb.png.90afcb364308531ab871122189d08368.png

Ricochet aerial shot.

1675104169_ScreenShot2014-08-03at9_15_32AM.thumb.png.709d46b7d79ab6cb0014c89038191ea7.png

Steel Hawk aerial shot.

1300938878_ScreenShot2014-08-03at9_15_55AM.thumb.png.40571f1b7a797cb3b3e8e49e1b5b5b08.png

Beaver Express aerial shot.

1537950792_ScreenShot2014-08-03at9_16_27AM.thumb.png.f09c086f8116150736752abfb7aecb1e.png

Pioneer Plunge aerial shot.

869582122_ScreenShot2014-08-03at9_17_12AM.thumb.png.f2a20e3d72c44b99db8011f55a3d3db7.png

Grizzly aerial shot.

Here's one more photo, I don't now how eligible it is, but it is apparently leaked concept art for next years ride. Again, I don't know if its real or not. I found it on a fan site.

owl.thumb.jpg.85df9847dd0a180653d4a8a7f2518225.jpg

Photo Owned by Wild Northwest. All Rights reserved, 2000.

I can't believe I won't be at the park until December, I'm gonna miss it and that will probably be my last visit for a long time.

-Greg Knight

Great park; loving the Vekoma SLC and the B&M floorless!

Speaking of both, where can I find them? The Vekoma especially, since trying to do a realistic SLC with the stock one in game is near impossible.

Are you joking? The SLC is one of the easiest layouts to recreate.

Great park; loving the Vekoma SLC and the B&M floorless!

Speaking of both, where can I find them? The Vekoma especially, since trying to do a realistic SLC with the stock one in game is near impossible.

Are you joking? The SLC is one of the easiest layouts to recreate.

I'm not. I have attempted a recreation based off the RCT2 layout (which wasn't that accurate) but nothing to the detail of the one posted here.

Park Update-November 25th, 2000

I heard on the news today that my local channel is doing an interview and discussion with Northwest Amusements CEO, Jeff King. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I will keep you all posted on what is said during this interview.

-Greg Knight

November 3rd, 2000

This was why the news was interviewing the CEO on my local news station...Here is the official press release

Northwest Amusements,Owners of Wild Northwest,Files For Bankruptcy-

The company recently announced that they unfortunately had to file for bankruptcy.The head of the company, Jeff King said "I know this is very shocking for some because to most people thought we had having a successful first year.We had seemingly good attendance and a many visited our park daily. However when you go into detail, our finical issues were pretty bad. The main problem was we expected too much.We thought attendance would be higher, thus making more money, so we purchased larger rides. We never made up the costs of these investments. Another factor is due to the short season here in the Northwest, we had hoped it would have been enough. We tried for a year and it didn't go as planned. Finally, the Ricochet accident also had a key role in these problems we had. For obvious reasons our parks in Idaho and Washington have been cancelled. The new ride THUNDERSTORM was actually already purchased when we planned the park, but we decided to open it a year later, so at least we were able to add this ride. I will be resigning as CEO, Northwest Amusements will continue to operate Wild Northwest for now, but will put it up for sale, hopefully to have someone else give it a go! For now the park is still on schedule to have it's holiday event starting Dec.18th."-Jeff King.The state of Oregon has issued a deadline for the company to sell to somebody, December 31st, 2000. If it's not reached, the State will obtain the land and will use it for a National Park.

-The Oregonian,Nov.3rd,2000

That doesn't sound good. I was always skeptical about a park in the northwest, but it looked like they were doing so good at first. I guess a lot factors caused these financial issues. I'll be returning home for the holidays and will visit the event. Even though I won't be visiting much, it is still sad to see such a great park close down. Personally I could see this being the end, I don't see any large companies like Six Flags or Cedar Fair purchasing because of its location. A small company would probably have the same issues that Northwest Amusements had. It was fun while it lasted though...

-Greg Knight

Well, this is what you get when you invest in four roller coasters at the beginning.

On a more serious note, though, I hope that the park finds a new owner, especially since it looks great. In fact, I'm certain that a new owner will be found because you can't end a park this early, right? *cough* Topaz *cough*

Hmm. Sounds like a bunch of bad financial decisions to me. If you have millions to expend on a park, you should at least have a safety net to keep you from going bankrupt so soon. I doubt anyone would buy a half-baked, pricey investment like this.

However, I still wish the best of luck for finding new ownership.

Trip Report-December 20th, 2000

Today I attended the Holiday in the Northwest event since I was home from college. It felt weird being at the park since it might not even be reopening ever again after this. There has been no news from the park or if a new buyer was found. It was a cold and rainy day, but the rides were still operating! There were not a lot of people though, everything was a walk on. The park was open from 4:00-9:00, so most of the photos I took were at night.

1243326068_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_38_56PM.thumb.png.345e0c038b7d539c27152d77b0540bfc.png

The entrance looked really cool, I am glad that even though the company is selling the park, they still are willing to put on this event!

886226956_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_39_36PM.thumb.png.16f8b3c15d6f8acfcf344d088b43f86c.png

Main Street Square is decked out for the Holidays!

624605823_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_40_30PM.thumb.png.508c67e486bbd79b93212cba21a78877.png

Beaver Express's station.

742052308_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_40_45PM.thumb.png.47693506f6b18792bf6607bee58b0db0.png

This building was transformed into Santa's Workshop in Wilderness Adventure.

479129413_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_41_05PM.thumb.png.4afec62afaf15dbb2dfc70932b754e97.png

More holiday decorations.

520402562_ScreenShot2014-08-02at3_41_37PM.thumb.png.668e112197a53f11599016306921d840.png

The silhouette of the big tree they had set up at the front.

After attending this event I became kinda mad a the the original owners of this park for not seeming to care and for making bad business decisions! This park is very beautiful and has a awesome collection of rides and it's a waste for the park to be run by an inexperienced CEO. If a buyer is found I would hope it is someone with the ability to actually run a park correctly and by someone who actually cares. I guess it doesn't matter to me because I'll be at college and in the summer I'll probably get a job close to it. It was fun visiting this park for those 2 short summers. If a buyer is found, I'm sure someone will post the news! So long!

-Greg Knight

Park Update-January 2nd, 2001

Hello, My name is Josh Himmers. I just moved here from California! I lived only 5 minutes away from Six Flags Magic Mountain, so I am a huge coaster fan! I juts started my Freshmen year of High School at my new school here in Oregon! Sadly, I have some bad news, the park did not a find a buyer, and in the newspaper today a State Representative said that they will obtain the property for some National Park project or something. When I first heard I was moving I thought I would be living close to a cool looking amusement park, too bad. It looks like it will be closed for good since the state will probably tear down all the rides, so they can build a campsite and picnic grove for their National Park project. I decided to look up some stuff on this park since I didn't know much about it, I found this interesting trademark that was filed and a logo, but this never happened, obviously. I wonder why?

-Josh Himmer

Six Flags Wild Northwest

Filing Date: 12/7/2000

Description: Entertainment Services, namely, amusement and theme park services

103015176_ScreenShot2014-08-03at1_08_42PM.png.9e09846408144d0147278592f2b76980.png

The logo that was attached to the trademark.

Updates of this park will resume on August 23rd. I'll be kinda busy this month and won't have time to work on this park, so I thought I should put this park on hiatus until the 23rd.

-Atter

Edited by Atter

I just wanted to say this, I never really liked the storyline I came up with for this park, I recently re-did the whole storyline for the future of this park, I wish I could go back and change the story up until now. When the park returns on August 23rd, think of it as a fresh start for this park and it's storyline! I'll focus more on regular trip reports and teasing yearly additions!

The park will return on the 23rd, but I will post some teasers leading up to the big reveal of what is in store for this park!

-Atter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 3rd, 2001

Oregon scales back project, and puts property up for sale again.

The state of Oregon has decided to scale back their large National Forest project and instead build a small picnic grove on an existing popular hiking trail spot. The state also put the property that was once owned by Northwest Amusements up for sale and it appears they already found a buyer. However, we have no idea who it is. The company who bought did say they all willing to deal with this park based on it's financial issues in the past and have even posted something very interesting on the parks old website, looks like whoever bought this has some sort of plan for the old Wild Northwest park.

-The Oregonian, 2001

Below is the teaser found on the park's old website!

what.thumb.jpg.cde1ed23a7b6436b6e2bbc613ee8800d.jpg

What could it be?

We were about to announce our big plans, but it looks like someone spilled ink on the picture, we are trying our best to clean up the mess. Stay Tuned!
Edited by Atter

Another Teaser...

This was written on a note that was found by the picture with the ink on it... "Oops, didn't mean to spoil the fun!" Was this done on purpose? Why and by who?

Edited by Atter

Teaser #3...

Huh.thumb.jpg.466bbc39ef2b26c23152aa37857933b2.jpg

Some ink has been removed. Stay Tuned!

We have managed to remove some of the ink from the image, but it’s still pretty bad. We are working on getting it all gone. The person who did this must be some prankster or something!