TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Announcing "Skyline Attractions"

Not sure what I think about this. It's different. Since it's portable I could see parks using this like the planko games. Whoever makes it to the top first wins a front of line pass. It could be fun, it's defintely different.

Edited by Mrlittle

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. It's a rather weird premise, and queues could be problematic. The ride experience & capacity does seem to depend on the lethargy of the person with the hammer. If TPR came across one of these at a carnival or some other easy place, it could quickly get hilariously competitive.

Interesting. It's a rather weird premise, and queues could be problematic. The ride experience & capacity does seem to depend on the lethargy of the person with the hammer. If TPR came across one of these at a carnival or some other easy place, it could quickly get hilariously competitive.

The trick here for the park is to find the right price such that there is a constant stream of participants but no queue forms.

Since its a game, I'm sure it will be on the more expensive side, but it does look like a lot of fun... Just wish it was more of a free fall or something, rather than an elevator lifting chair...

Yeah! It would be awesome if they were little lifted gondolas and perhaps just the winner drops when s/he gets to the top. That would be a dramatic way to show the winner too.

It sure is a neat concept. Definitely could see this at carnivals and family fun centers, but at a park? Seems a bit too small for that.

I'd like to see if they could do an actual striker variant, with the large hammers and a one-and-done kind of deal. That would be a real test of strength, just like the actual thing.

OMG, I thought it would be something like that, unless I imagined that the riders themself strike with the hammer! And that they would go upward in one big shot, not multiple.

Neat concept anyways, I love interactive flats.

This somewhat reminds of the Sky Pirates game/ride that used to be in Gameworks back when they were around.

My thoughts exactly. This looks like the Vertical Reality game/ride from Gameworks 15 years ago. (Which, oddly enough I actually worked for the company that developed the game!)

I'm hopeful that there is a ride/game set up at IAAPA to actually check out and play.

400883587_c214e8735d_z.jpg.36561ce9d294c33ff9bb0069bbebef68.jpg

Gametime-Arcade-Video-Game-skypirates-web-03-18-2014.jpg.thumb.jpg.598490b5a0c5ce557d0e761d70e46cbc.jpg

1750317483_ScreenShot2014-11-03at16_46_34.png.f1874da9ac8100dc88f07cfd893e927b.png

1189133406_ScreenShot2014-11-03at16_46_41.png.0acdc549cf37c69ee483e5a73999d65d.png

1363743613_ScreenShot2014-11-03at16_46_49.png.49718bc98c5a1ddb3de1c043ac074de1.png

This is a neat idea. I imagine the price would include the game and the rider when a guest pays for it. If guests can't seem to get enough of simple basketball games, I can see them loving this.

"Hey man, lets do this! I swear I'll get you to the top first!"

Cool idea! I can imagine capacity being a nightmare, but if treated as a game and given a fee, it could be quite a success. I could see other games being adapted into ride hybrids similarly... Water Guns or Roll-A-Ball, anyone?

Am I the only one who saw this concept and immediately thought of Maliboomer?

I'm interested to see what other rides will be next in the GamesURide series. The idea of interactive experiences seems to be a new trend in amusement parks, so I see lots of awesome possibilities for Skyline in the future.

Now they need to get a deal going with Angry Birds and make an interactive SlingShot.

It sure is a neat concept. Definitely could see this at carnivals and family fun centers, but at a park? Seems a bit too small for that.
I disagree, there's plenty of "filler" at parks - all the games, basketball, ropes climb, etc. can be neatly and easily swapped out with this sort of attraction.

I'd like to see if they could do an actual striker variant, with the large hammers and a one-and-done kind of deal. That would be a real test of strength, just like the actual thing.
OMG yes! A one-smack hammer strike version and the rider is shot up the tower S&S style up to a height proportional to smack strength. You could even have a huge version of it, 75'... 200'...300' tall. You hear the pressure build up "whooosh"... then the player smacks it ... then you hear a "pssssst" calibrated/automated pressure release valve that releases an appropriate amount of air from the tank, and UP you go!

Build the structure with two towers and get two riders as physically close as each other as possible, and time the release to start at the exact same time. You'll "race" up the launch with the stronger hammer striker player's rider winning and going up faster/higher. This would have to be a ridiculously expensive upcharge though. Just dreaming

this thing will be a maintenance nightmare and will most likely be down alot.

Sounds like someone else I know

But seriously, this thing, combined with the rest of the line of products that will follow it will at least make the dreaded carny areas of parks a little more interesting and worthwhile. I'm not super excited about it, but at least this turns games into something that's truly family oriented and not just a bunch of half-hearted scams. I really despise games in parks... it's not necessarily the games themselves, it's how they're always handled. This will help class them back up I think. I'd love to see some theming packages as well. Doesn't hurt to make em look good.

I can, for some reason, see a lot of smaller parks buying this up. Holiday World comes to mind, as well as certain Six Flags parks for some odd reason (probably because Six Flags does carnival atmosphere better than anyone else).