TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Riding coasters after a heart attack??

Hey... we are planning a trip to Six Flags New England next summer and need some info. My husband had a heart attack a few months ago and his cardiologist says he'll be fine to ride by next summer. He has been on over 100 coasters in the U.S. and would love to continue riding. Does anyone know someone who has had a heart attack and still rides or has anyone had a heart attack themselves and still rides?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine that if your Doctor reckon's it's ok, then you should be fine. Other than that I'd imagine that common sense would be worth applying and not to ride when feeling less than perfect on a given day.

I had to have open heart surgery 3 1/2 years ago to correct a congenital heart defect. One of the first things I asked my surgeon was whether or not I would be able to ride coasters after surgery. Happy to report that following a February surgery, I was on the Beast and Diamondback on KI opening day 3 months later. I agree with all posting here-if the doctor thinks it's fine, then trust his advice! Hope your husband has a great summer!