TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR Wiener Prater 01/02-06

Austria is a very clean country, on our way to Vienna, the car parks and public toilets are so clean...

I also thought that the surroundings of Vienna was more urban and flat. That proved wrong because it was green and hilly.

Anyway, we arrive in the capital of Austria for the first time.

Vienna is a maze of streets and ancient buildings ... without GPS, you are lost.

Crossing with the palace of Franz Joseph, we were more close to our destination, but then came the hardest ... find a parking spot near our hotel.

Miracle by miracle, there was still a place just for our hotel.

We check in and went straight to see what had Wiener Prater to offer.

It was Sunday and there was quite a lot of people in the park and the first attraction that I did was unexpected 'Black Mamba' a ​​very special booster.

A nun and a priest that close to a Boomerang ... you don't see that every day.

And I've looked enough, they were not Muslims ... that came later.

I wanted to do everything that the open park has to offer, but that was not counted on the massive pricey entrance tickets per attraction.

Wiener Prater is a park that bothers me ... do you want to ride something, then pay 5 euros. It's a kind of amusement park carnival style....theme park rides on a fair.

The star flyer is huge ... one of the few times that I really enjoyed this kind of attraction. But then again five euro's lighter.

What a piece of junk, rust dominated the coaster....despite that, nice ride...if you survive.

The park has so many coasters, the one more special than the other. 3 wild mouse roller coasters, a spinning, a spinning indoor and one (Maurer) traditional.

A Volare, a Vekoma MK700, a Boomerang without shoulderbars, a piece of junk and a very old woodie with brake man. Costly, but despite that, some attractions will stay with me. And despite all the negative reactions on the Volare flying coaster, I believe that it's a very nice coaster. Brutal, but ok.

The boomerang was ok because of the weird safty bars.

It seemed like I was going to fall out in the Cobra roll. Not that this is better because I didn't feel comfortable but I'm sure that many fans perfer this Boomerang over a Vekoma train.

The woodie from 1950 with brake-man. Not because of intensity, but because of the decoration. It's actually a tour with gears and ultimately very beautiful and worth of it's 3.50 euros.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Hochschaubahn-_Wiener_Prater_iddc[/coastertube]

Further on, the rapid river that spun so hard on the descent, I almost flew out with each break. A thrill ride in a boat I would say.

Black Mamba and a kind of booster with cables which I forgot the name from.

A dino walkthrough / simulator that really should to be in an amusement park where more people come ... it's just a shame that I was alone inside this doni ride and three euro was not really expensive for what this was.

Scary stuff. I did the other coasters for the coaster count. : p

I could walk around in this park for hours with much attention with here and there riding an attraction that I perfer to do.

I imagined a few questions if I had to deal with the owners of attractions and restaurants.

The owners are walking chimneys and look like they are on lemon diet.

Smoke above the plates when I order a hamburger ... smoking in my face while I buy a token. I myself am smoker ... but this horrible. Hygiene was a disaster in many places in the park.

And maybe it's not meant to be unkind and this is just the way how citypeople in Austria are, but that was about it. Only in two places I felt welcome, the woodie and the restaurant next to the afterburner.

Even with the safety standards of the attractions ... to give an example, I wanted to close my seat belt with Dizzy mouse and the man said "that's not necessary as I didn't even had my safty bars on and starts the thing before I could close it.

There was no saftycheck like theme parks do. Maybe I see this too much with theme park fan-eye, but even on a fair there are things that can't be overlooked.

Nope, these are the things that I perfer to skip.

Poor horses...

My parkvideo's are not much, but they let you see some of it.

When we returned home, we received a parting gift from the city, a fine for unauthorized parking.

But all by all Vienna was still worth it. Wiener Prater is very large and has a lot of very nice and special rides, too bad about the downsides that I said before.

I would recommend it if you are in Austria and want to do more then Zierers or Pax coasters in little parks. I have amused myself and will remember it as a fun park.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Ecstacy (or is it spelled Extacy?) still open/did you ride it?? Seriously one messed-up ride!

Nice photos by the way

It was open when we were there this spring. In fact, it was one of the few rides that was operating due to a rainstorm that passed through while we were there.

And I agree...that is one messed up looking ride, but no...I didn't ride it.