TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Roller Coaster That Lasts Under 45 seconds

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without reading all of the posts and the "I'm not counting this part comments," my first gut reaction to the question was Speed: The Ride (RIP) in Las Vegas - about right at 45 seconds from station to station. Not only was it my favorite coaster in Vegas, it was one of my favorites overall. I think I'm bad luck when it comes to Pro Wrestlers and Coasters - I find a favorite and it get fired/closed. Big Dipper at Geauga Lake was one of my five favorite woodies...

I'm gonna have to go with Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom. It's at about 42seconds and it's full of ejector airtime, some floater airtime and just intense and overrated.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

To me a rollercoaster's ride time is from start to finish, whether the start be a lift hill or a launch, until the final brake run. Here are my top five under 45 coasters that I've been on. Notice that 4 out of 5 of them are from Intamin.

1. Stormrunner

2. Kingda Ka

3. Xcelerator

4. Superman Escape from Krypton

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Btw, just saying but most rides are are under 45 seconds from the top of the lift to brakes.
Have you been on many coasters??? No... Really??? I can think of many coasters that last over 45 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes...

For example:

Millennium Force

Titan at SFOT

Magnum XL-200

Maverick (Assuming you only count the time from the top of first drop.)

Gemini

New Texas Giant

Mean Streak

Leviathan

Goliath at SFMM

Goliath at Walibi World

Powder Keg (assuming you don't count the midcourse lift)

Wildfire (SDC)

Almost all Disney coasters

The list goes on and on...

I feel that your statement:

Btw, just saying but most rides are are under 45 seconds from the top of the lift to brakes.

Is just... false. There are countless AMAZING coasters that last longer than 45 seconds from top of lift/launch to brake run. But... that's just my opinion.

There are countless AMAZING coasters that last longer than 45 seconds from top of lift/launch to brake run. But... that's just my opinion.

I think his point is that 45 seconds from the drop to the brake run shouldn't really be considered short for a coaster. There are far too many rides that meet that criteria. While yes, there are plenty of longer coasters, I would consider a 45 second ride average length.

1. Top Thrill Dragster

2. Superman Ultimate Flight - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

3. Montezuma's Revenge - Knott's Berry Farm

This is all I have. I was going to post Wicked Twister, but upon closer inspection, I realized it was a just a tiny bit over 45 seconds.

EDIT: Should I count a Batman clone?

Edited by DonGeorge