TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Roller Coaster That Lasts Under 45 seconds

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never rode it but I think that Goliath @ SFGAm is a good contestant for the 45 secs war. However out of the ones I've been on, I'd say any B&M Batman the ride is amazing. I find the one at La Ronde (Le Vampire) to be more agressive than the others I've ridden (in a good way), so it's my favorite.

That's Awesome to hear! La ronde is close enough to me, and Vampire is probably my favourite coaster... Was also sl what I was gonna pick for this thread.

Just out of curiosity, what row would you say is morecintense, front or back? Due to lines, I've only been able to ride in the middle up to this point, and I'm going back there in a week or so. Also, is Cobra worth waiting for?.. One of the only ones I haven't done at that park.

EDIT: Sorry for posting twice... My internet's acting up, and wasn't sure if my post went thru lol.

^It appears from POVs that RFII is closer to 50-51 seconds from the top of the lift to brakes.

I have sat for hours at controls of this ride. The time Ravine Flyer II spends in "gravity" ranges from just barely under 30 seconds under perfect conditions, to about 32.5 on a sluggish cold day as there is a timer clocking each run. If you want to add on the time RFII spends slowly moving off the brake run and into the station, you will go just over a minute, but the "ride" from the top of the lift to the brakes is usually about 31 seconds.

I have sat for hours at controls of this ride. The time Ravine Flyer II spends in "gravity" ranges from just barely under 30 seconds under perfect conditions, to about 32.5 on a sluggish cold day as there is a timer clocking each run. If you want to add on the time RFII spends slowly moving off the brake run and into the station, you will go just over a minute, but the "ride" from the top of the lift to the brakes is usually about 31 seconds.

Can you direct me to a POV that shows it running this fast? I've viewed a half dozen and they all show more like 45-52 seconds depending on when you start the count. Here's TPR's Ravine Flyer II POV:

Looks to disengage the lift around 1:22 and hits the brakes at 2:10. So, 48 seconds give or take a couple seconds.

My personal vote thus far goes to Skyrush. Not just my favorite coaster under 45 seconds, but also my favorite coaster overall.

• 7 months later...

Used to be Batman: The Ride for me, now I'd give it to Goliath at Six Flags Great America. A lot of people complain about this ride being too short, but what it does during it's duration is really amazing. Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer ride something that's short and sweet rather than long and okay.