TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA Asia 2014 Updates!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Info gerstlaueringvar. Its nice to tie in new info with what we already know. Wanda recently mentioned a GCI with Inversions here so that's a possibility.

That Golden Horse 16 looper looks mad. They have never done anything with track which twists like that so I struggle to imagine them pulling it off. But I'd be interested to see it in a masochistic sort of way.

As far as Fantawild Park woodies go its interesting to know that 2 have Barrel rolls, An educated guess says its likely they are for the 2 new Fantawild Cultural Parks in Jinan and Wuhu. We already know Zhuzhou is a Fjord Dragon clone.

The I305 layout looks like it is on the concept ary for of the Wanda Park by in Nanchang. So I imagine its just a place holder for the Intamin mega coaster they announced with the layout below.

RCDB - http://rcdb.com/9863.htm

Oh the Flying Dutchman with an inverted looper layout? I'll take that!

A cobra roll on a flying coaster...... that's something I've always imagined. But didn't gerstlaueringvar say this was going to be a knock-off?

Oh, and wait.... is that an outside loop? That is something rather interesting too.

So the 2 Golden Horse designs you took a photo of were bought by Golden Horse from a company called Coaster-Lab

Coaster Lab is run by a 19 year old called Camiel Bilsen who is obviously very talented, Although this deal strikes me as odd on many levels.

As far as we've seen Golden Horse just don't have the technical no how to buy either of those rides. They'd need to perfect these designs or come anywhere near.

Coasterlabs Facebook page can be found here. Anyway congrats to the guy but I'll be keeping an unconvinced eye on this.

So the 2 Golden Horse designs you took a photo of were bought by Golden Horse from a company called Coaster-Lab

Coaster Lab is run by a 19 year old called Camiel Bilsen who is obviously very talented, Although this deal strikes me as odd on many levels.

As far as we've seen Golden Horse just don't have the technical no how to buy either of those rides. They'd need to perfect these designs or come anywhere near.

Coasterlabs Facebook page can be found here. Anyway congrats to the guy but I'll be keeping an unconvinced eye on this.

Wow the 16 inversion coaster looks like Jokers Jinx/FOF/Poltergeist on steroids

I feel like I've highjacked your thread a bit here gerstlaueringvar. Sorry about that.

Here's a video from Dynamic Attractions about their new ride concepts and their involvement at the Asian Attractions Expo including their Special Effects Coaster design.

There's also plenty of shots of the show floor, chats with some industry chaps and some fairly dull meetings.

http://vimeopro.com/afpservices/dynamic-attractions-b-roll

Below there's also some pictures posted to the Weibo (Chinese Twitter) account of a guy called Denniser. Love the model of the Mack Super Splash at Ocean Kingdom

AAE1.thumb.jpg.85d00ddb3f23bb94aa38eb9beaff7e69.jpg

AAE2.thumb.jpg.3e1e89065b9cffcb09bdcc8bffaae164.jpg

AAE3.thumb.jpg.8b043b72863bde8b4cdac0bb83e24555.jpg

AAE4.thumb.jpg.19a8a00b62c66ac79c7fdc00e51f27b8.jpg

AAE5.thumb.jpg.befef8adfa4357b8c1b15e8e5a06a66e.jpg

AAE6.thumb.jpg.92b41412edf56646e0ff71ad35a72993.jpg

AAE7.thumb.jpg.8717c50f8c9fed951d34a801f146cd98.jpg

AAE8.thumb.jpg.e480325320b258afc040bd5e67876adf.jpg

AAE9.thumb.jpg.6da66aeab813027eb037ced74078a9b9.jpg

Did Golden Horse essentially buy some NoLimits splines and some CAD models?

From the looks of those concepts thats exactly what they did... And from the guys website they look to be either total knockoffs or concepts he developed in CAD and NoLimits.

From the looks of those concepts thats exactly what they did... And from the guys website they look to be either total knockoffs or concepts he developed in CAD and NoLimits.

That's kind of what i got from the whole deal i find it a little odd. The guy clearly has some nice ideas but I'm struggling to see how Golden Horse of all companies could put them in to practice.

Can you take some photos of the abc Rides booth, please?

Gerstlaueringvar is there so hopefully he can oblige. I'm literally just scouring Chinese sites for sources and pictures so no control over what I find.

Here's a few more pics from Weibo. from Neobee and hinatakulama.

IAAPA1.jpg.2271d086e99cdac0112185848674d27a.jpg

IAAPA2.jpg.49298f11d7699fc569fb65c0e409a4e8.jpg

IAAPA3.jpg.03d2d7570e4db5c48ece355ac52053e0.jpg

IAAPA4.jpg.389cec1a9df8f7b8f708ce6f413d83f6.jpg

IAAPA5.jpg.6b3468c83e2c85f6dd2e22ec67229312.jpg

IAAPA6.jpg.3a8c70c22a434e04c62fb9db58b37346.jpg

IAAPA7.jpg.258f5dafeb7634f3f051118119b2a66a.jpg